The mad rush at opening time...

So honestly, now we know the map of the hall, who is planning to dash to Karen or the two Christophers' tables for a VQ ticket?

I really hope there isn't a 'mad rush'. I will go to Karen and Christopher L's tables first but is would be annoying if loads of people run past me, rather than just make their way their calmy like me. :thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

Anyone running will feel my wrath :thumbup:

I have stopped people for a LONG LONG chat about why they shouldn't do it, meaning people behind them have got better tickets than them.

And on more than one occasion I've even walked them back to the front door, so do be warned.

Anyone running will feel my wrath :firedevil:

I have stopped people and even walked them back to the front door for running, so do be warned.

how about power walking? :thumbup: though tbh my running is probably as fast as someone's walking so no point in trying to out speed anyone.

So honestly, now we know the map of the hall, who is planning to dash to Karen or the two Christophers' tables for a VQ ticket?

I really hope there isn't a 'mad rush'. I will go to Karen and Christopher L's tables first but is would be annoying if loads of people run past me, rather than just make their way their calmy like me.:thumbup:

Im gonna run like mad up to Karens table.... Get there first and dont be able to say a word on the little time I have cause Im catching my breath!!! :D

Noooo... I will personally just walk but in a rapid pace to Karens etc table.

• Showmasters Admin

how about power walking? :thumbup: though tbh my running is probably as fast as someone's walking so no point in trying to out speed anyone.

Fast walking is fine. But we all know the different. Running people will be stopped :D

I have stopped people for a LONG LONG chat about why they shouldn't do it, meaning people behind them have got better tickets than them.

And on more than one occasion I've even walked them back to the front door, so do be warned.

Do you have a beard by any chance? If so I think I know which member of staff you are

And i don't understand the mad rushes, everybody gets their turn, so why rush.

Do you have a beard by any chance? If so I think I know which member of staff you are

I haven't seen Too Tall with a beard. He is rather obvious to spot though. The not so subtle hint is in his forum name. Edited by 1of2

He has a 6'10" long beard, hidden in a man suit.

I haven't seen Too Tall with a beard. He is rather obvious to spot though. The not so subtle hint is in his forum name.

Yeah, i remember a tall guy with a beard at the last LFCC i went to who was quite strict, so I was wondering if that was Too Tall.

I really hope there isn't a 'mad rush'. I will go to Karen and Christopher L's tables first but is would be annoying if loads of people run past me, rather than just make their way their calmy like me.;)

Oh I think I will walk it to Karen's desk and might have a bit of a lay down on the way for a sleep. :jason: Considering I am getting in to earl court early because I am crewing over the weekend. Dam, looks like I will not be in the front of the Karen queue. Unless of course I am picked for VQ ticket issuer then I will be. :YAHOO:. Nope I have more chance of winning the Euro Millions lottery on Friday evening.

I wonder if Too Tall have thought about having sleeping crew (instead of a sleeping policeman) to slow people down instead of the running. Maybe we should change it, so that the first people there get the ticket number 600, and the slower people getting lower numbers.

That way people will not run, but have a rule that you are not allowed to stay in the same spot for more then 10 seconds and you cannot move backgrounds or sideways. You only can move forward.

cap

I'm getting there about 7am. I won't be running when it opens. If there are 100 people in front of me that wants a VT from Karen then I will happily be ticket number 101, I wouldn't want to try and ruin it for others that got there earlier than me and I hope no one does that to me!

I'm getting there about 7am. I won't be running when it opens. If there are 100 people in front of me that wants a VT from Karen then I will happily be ticket number 101, I wouldn't want to try and ruin it for others that got there earlier than me and I hope no one does that to me!

I'm the same, don't really care what number ticket I get as long as I get one. Though I admit last year I was so excited I had to stop myself from running when I got in.

You will have to catch them first.

Be warned I run 5-8 miles every other day! :jason:

Tho honestly, i can confirm i'll be walking!!

• Showmasters Admin

You will have to catch them first.

Be warned I run 5-8 miles every other day! :jason:

Tho honestly, i can confirm i'll be walking!!

If someone ignores me, I don't need to catch them, I have technology. I only need to radio ahead and point them out and tell the crew not to give them a VT ;)

no he hasnt but the clue is in his name!!!!! he walks very fast too!!!!

While you lot are legging it sorry I mean walking to get tickets, I'll be strolling over to get tickets for the Stunt / Akido and Kendo shows. Thank god I don't want any Dr Who auto's. :D

lets be honest,there is only one place people in the queue will be thinking of - at 9am when those doors open,everyone,and i do mean everyone(practically) will make a beeline for the vt tickets at karen gillans table.........wouldn`t want to be showstaff on there on saturday morning!...lol.

it`s gonna be like beatlemania all over again..................not that i was there for that you understand...lol

hope "amy pond fever" doesn`t put karen gillan off doing another convention............though she might want to have a lie down in a darkened room afterwards....lol :uhoh:

i agree with the no running rule, i'm 4"11 and i've been knocked over a fair few times at cons by people running. Its not nice and its rude and people can get seriously hurt! So don't do it! : P

im 4ft 11 too and i dont fancy being knocked over either :D and i totally agree. consider others x

lets be honest,there is only one place people in the queue will be thinking of - at 9am when those doors open,everyone,and i do mean everyone(practically) will make a beeline for the vt tickets at karen gillans table.........wouldn`t want to be showstaff on there on saturday morning!...lol.

it`s gonna be like beatlemania all over again..................not that i was there for that you understand...lol

hope "amy pond fever" doesn`t put karen gillan off doing another convention............though she might want to have a lie down in a darkened room afterwards....lol :uhoh:

i wont be one of them lol x i think its nuts x if people go nuts then yes i wouldnt want to come back either nevermind karen gillan ;):(