Massive Events

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sooooooo happy it's John :) but so gutted it's just the one day :(

One day with John is never enough lol

But surely better than none?

Yes that's true, but we all know how rushed it will be on the Sunday with him - I have no idea how you even organise getting through so many people on the one day (yeah you are just clever little bunnies).

It is just a bit more relaxed if the guests are there for more than one day.

But we are grateful for whatever we can get.

Thanks.

Well said that man :) but when it comes to John I'm greedy and always want more lol

I'm sooooooo happy it's John :) but so gutted it's just the one day :blush:

Well said that man :) but when it comes to John I'm greedy and always want more lol

Well, he will have just finished his tour, the previous Thursday...

But, yay, he's there! Thank you, SM/ME!

Too tall, with John being only there for one day Is it still possible he will do some intimate encounters? Really wanted to bid for this as missed out way back at hub 1 :) cheers

I don't think anyone can tell for sure now. Anything is possible. But a lot will depend on the number of tickets sold. There'll be a lot of autographs to sign and a lot of photos to be taken. :D

amazing! I really really need to get to this, loved the past four Hubs and always have fun but won't be able to know whether I can go for a few weeks yet. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that there'll still be Silver tickets then :D

@Doctor Who....What are these events like? Are they well organised & is there a limit on number of attendees? :)

Yes, there is a limit on the number of attendees. Have you ever been to a show before? They're much smaller than Collectormania or Comic Con if you have attended these.

The past events have always run quite smooth from crew point, but I will leave that question for the actual attendees to answer. :wub:

@Doctor Who....What are these events like? Are they well organised & is there a limit on number of attendees? :)

'Actual Attendee' chiming in. :YAHOO:

The Hub events have been fun, intimate events run very well by friendly, efficient staff and volunteers. There is a limit on the number of attendees so that everyone can have a fun experience, but I'm not sure what the Hub 7 limit is. (Limits for the others have been about 800 people, if memory serves.)

I find these events much more fun than huge events, especially those run by other companies. (I won't and can't mention specific other events, as it would be rude to the companies and would violate the rules of this forum.) Suffice it to say that I travel across a huge body of water whenever work permits to attend Showmasters' Hub events, and I do so in preference to other events that are in my country and much closer to home. :)

Edited by Blackbird

Hi georgie1!

I've been to all the Hub events, and they are very well run.

The crew work hard to make sure everyone gets through their autograph/photoshoot queues at the right time.

The venue for Hub 7 (Radisson Edwardian, Heathrow) is a beautiful hotel, although quite a bit bigger than the Park Inn at Northampton, so I would expect this con to be a lot more lively than some of the previous ones. With John attending, there should be a lot more people getting tickets now :(

Ooooh sounds good. I'm going 2 book tickets 2nite! Look forward to it. Hope JB does manage 2 attend but it will be interesting to see what other guests attend also. As regards the number of attendees, 800 would be reasonable i think. What scared me off abit was hearing that there were something like 1400 attendees at comic con in London which is way too many. :)

• Moderators

Ooooh sounds good. I'm going 2 book tickets 2nite! Look forward to it. Hope JB does manage 2 attend but it will be interesting to see what other guests attend also. As regards the number of attendees, 800 would be reasonable i think. What scared me off abit was hearing that there were something like 1400 attendees at comic con in London which is way too many. :)

the film and comic con is a totally different style of event to this one - The Hub is a more 'intimate' weekend event, whereas the big collectormania or LFCC events are, well, just that. Big. (1400 is a terrible estimate btw... it was more like 30,000 from what I've heard...)

Lol! It must of felt like 30,000 then! I'm glad the Hub is a smaller event. I have just booked 2 standard tickets now & 2 photo's with JB. I have attended 'Supernatural' events before and their attendee's are capped at 800. I was thinking about going to a Comic con nxt year but i can't be doin with shufflin along amongst a crowd of people for hours. We shall see. :)

Lol! It must of felt like 30,000 then! I'm glad the Hub is a smaller event. I have just booked 2 standard tickets now & 2 photo's with JB. I have attended 'Supernatural' events before and their attendee's are capped at 800. I was thinking about going to a Comic con nxt year but i can't be doin with shufflin along amongst a crowd of people for hours. We shall see. :)

In 1997 I attended a Babylon 5 con at the Norbreck Castle Hotel in Blackpool, and I believe 3.500 people attended over 4 days. How's that?

Bit of an odd question, but can someone confirm for me that John Barrowman is allergic to wool? I'm sorting out materials for my fem!Jack cosplay, and I'd like to know. Thanks :)

Yes, JB's allergic to wool. The coat in TEC/TDD is an actual RAF coat, I think. His Torchwood Captain Jack coats are made from other materials, which is why they aren't completely RAF blue.

Bit of an odd question, but can someone confirm for me that John Barrowman is allergic to wool? I'm sorting out materials for my fem!Jack cosplay, and I'd like to know. Thanks :)

Yes, JB's allergic to wool. The coat in TEC/TDD is an actual RAF coat, I think. His Torchwood Captain Jack coats are made from other materials, which is why they aren't completely RAF blue.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info! :)

'Actual Attendee' chiming in. :D

The Hub events have been fun, intimate events run very well by friendly, efficient staff and volunteers. There is a limit on the number of attendees so that everyone can have a fun experience, but I'm not sure what the Hub 7 limit is. (Limits for the others have been about 800 people, if memory serves.)

I find these events much more fun than huge events, especially those run by other companies. (I won't and can't mention specific other events, as it would be rude to the companies and would violate the rules of this forum.) Suffice it to say that I travel across a huge body of water whenever work permits to attend Showmasters' Hub events, and I do so in preference to other events that are in my country and much closer to home. :)

I'm another fan who travels across the pond because ShowMasters/ MassiveEvents has throughly spoiled me w/ just how much fun Hub events can be. Even when things don't go exactly to plan. Sometimes especially when they don't go according to plan. :wub:

Morgan

His official Twitter account just announced his appearance at Hub 7.

yay! and i noticed its on his official site for sunday so at least we get him even if it is just for one day ;):huh: cant wait x JB is the reason i have booked my tickets so early in advance and booked the hotel at heathrow too :YAHOO:

yes thats what i said x i would rather he come sunday then none at all ;):P

the film and comic con is a totally different style of event to this one - The Hub is a more 'intimate' weekend event, whereas the big collectormania or LFCC events are, well, just that. Big. (1400 is a terrible estimate btw... it was more like 30,000 from what I've heard...)

i was at the LFCC and it was huuuuuge :P especially on the saturday as karen gillan was there x i was there all wkend and preferred the friday and the sunday as it was sooo much quieter x saturday was insane :chair: