So, is it just 2 free signers tomorrow now?

• Moderators

Giving a number at least gives a general idea of the sort of numbers that could be involved... not giving anything could have people assuming anything from 1 or 2 to 20!

Also I reckon that 6 was/is their 'planned' number - the 'if everything goes just exactly to plan' number.

• Moderators

It's the same with giving an estimated number for a con lineup really i.e 4-6.

Best to expect a lower number than to not be given one, and then expecting a whole full lineup on the Friday to be free.

I thought I might take a look in on Friday (just to get an idea of what's where before I bring my niece along for a visit on Saturday), so I was checking the lfcc website for details and saw this:

Then check out our list of confirmed Friday night signers:

Robert Knepper

Corey Feldman

Charlie Bewley

Vivica Fox

Brian Tochi

Stanislav Ianevski

Mark Sheppard

Morgan Sheppard

Veronica Cartwright

James Bamford

Jessie Cave

Ricky Dean Logan

Jeffrey Weissman

Gil Gerrard

Trevor Steedman

More to be confirmed soon!

Never having attended one of these events, it's all unfamiliar to me and I realise I could be misunderstanding something, but it looks like a pretty plain and clear statement that these guests will be there Friday night.

One or two of those guests would be of interest to me but I wouldn't subject my own young guest to queueing for them on the Saturday - nice birthday treat that would be, lining up to see someone you never heard of!

So what's Buck Rogers doing Friday night?

(Now there's a question I never expected to ask in my life!)

Edited by steve9

Didn't realise Gil was going to be there Friday, sweet! Will ease my Saturday!

EDIT: Actually, just noticed he's there on Sunday as well, I originally had down that he was Saturday only, must have changed, that's good.

Edited by JacknDaniel

Thanks for clarification, hope I can get there for Friday. Do feel sorry though for two of the guests signing freebies while their fellows are raking it in!

You'll find all the guests are probably paid to attend by Showmasters.

I'm not sure if any of the money made is kept by guests

I'm hoping for more but anticipating that there won't be. I may go online tonight to find 1 more, maybe even 2, but highly doubt 4. Would love to meet Jessie Cave, but don't think £25 return ticket, 4 hours on trains and underground to see her and the location of the bigger guests for the day after is worth it when I have to get up at 4.30 on Saturday to do the travelling all again.

I'm hoping for more but anticipating that there won't be. I may go online tonight to find 1 more, maybe even 2, but highly doubt 4. Would love to meet Jessie Cave, but don't think £25 return ticket, 4 hours on trains and underground to see her and the location of the bigger guests for the day after is worth it when I have to get up at 4.30 on Saturday to do the travelling all again.

This is what I'm getting at. Some people would have bought a ticket based on the number - regardless of caveats in place, it is the number that stands out.

There should have been no mention of a number. At best its misleading, at worse it is a form of conceited advertising to encourage people to buy in advance.

I am attending tomorrow, but not for the free signers, I'm more focussed on getting to the stall holders and seeing if I can pick up any early convention bargains. But, I know how people could have been influenced to buy into the preview based on the conception that there would be 6 free signers.

A number should not have been mentioned.

• Moderators

I really don't see a problem. It was clearly stated 'up to 6 guests' and if anyone reads something that isn't there i.e. there'll DEFINITELY be 6 guests, then that's their fault.

Sorry, but if Jason provides information, people should read it.

Why put a number? Why not just say "we will be also working to get some free signers" or something like that?

i like this.... next time dont say a number.

I do agree in a way, but just drop this discussion, it clearly states UP TO 6... and 2 is within that number, it could have been 0.... But what I think is superb about the friday is all the other guests that they have managed to get there, its nice to have the opportunity to see them on friday allready :)

• Showmasters Admin

Why put a number? Why not just say "we will be also working to get some free signers" or something like that?

i like this.... next time dont say a number.

I'm sure Jason wanted and intended to get 6 or he wouldn't have posted that number.

As we all now "stuff" happens and plans don't work out. In this case at the moment we have 2. I'm sorry if you feel let down by that but as DB said Jason did post "up to", in case for any reason it didn't happen.

As already stated ............ entry is a meagre £5 and it is called a preview night .

Can understand why some people may not want to pay on extra travel, but for those already in area, it should be a more relaxed atmosphere and worth a visit to see things , well thats how I read in to it.

2 free autographs are not bad either :) Besides, its a good chance to check out the hall layout for a first timer like me, before the main event.

And having quite a few of the paid guests there on friday will ease up my weekend too, so I am not complaining at all, as a matter of fact I think this was a great idea to have :-)