A question about comic artists

My son is mad on Toy Story at the moment - would anyone know from the comic artists who are attending LFCC this weekend if any of them would happily draw some characters from Toy Story for him? I'd feel a bit silly asking them to sketch something like this if they might not be interested in doing it.

Any advice that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

They tend to only want to draw things from their own body of work - it would be like asking a Star Wars guest to sign a Star Trek poster !!

There will be loads of Toy Story stuff for sale at the event though....

its not exactly the same thing than autograph. Its their job to draw, so most of the time when its a paid sketch you can ask for any character as long as the artist is ok with it. Its like a commision.

But you better bring a picture of the character in case he isnt familliar with it !

I know someone who askes every artist to draw her Borgteddy (some of you will know her or the bear ;) ), and most are okay with it. It would be a good thing to have a picture along, not everyone will know how the characters look right away.

You can always ask, and if they say no, well, someone else might say yes!

My son is mad on Toy Story at the moment - would anyone know from the comic artists who are attending LFCC this weekend if any of them would happily draw some characters from Toy Story for him? I'd feel a bit silly asking them to sketch something like this if they might not be interested in doing it.

Thanks

I'm a colourist at the show, and I'll have an artist with me sketching whatever character you'd like. If you bring some reference that would be helpful though! If not we can try and look it up online. We'll be in the Comics Village from Friday on John-Paul Bove's table. Hope to see you there!

Thanks

I'm a colourist at the show, and I'll have an artist with me sketching whatever character you'd like. If you bring some reference that would be helpful though! If not we can try and look it up online. We'll be in the Comics Village from Friday on John-Paul Bove's table. Hope to see you there!

Great stuff!

I'd really be looking for Buzz Lightyear or maybe a collection of the characters. If I was to speak with you guys about a comission on Friday do you think I would be able to collect on Saturday?

Really looking forward to the show, but don't think I'll have anywhere near enough time to get around evertyhing I need!!

Thanks

Great stuff!

I'd really be looking for Buzz Lightyear or maybe a collection of the characters. If I was to speak with you guys about a comission on Friday do you think I would be able to collect on Saturday?

Really looking forward to the show, but don't think I'll have anywhere near enough time to get around evertyhing I need!!

The sooner you ask the sooner we'll get them done! If you are going to ask for a few characters the more time you give us the better as it'll take a bit longer, but Saturday should be fine. We always end up with a few we can't do in time by the Sunday but we would always post these on at no extra cost.

Not a comic artist, but there is a great dealer/artist who attends these events and sells prints and canvases of his art. He had an amazing Toy Story canvas on display at Collectormania last month. I can't remember the name of the stall, but if you go to the dealers room then look out for it, I've bought loads from him before and his Toy Story canvas was really impressive.

Would like to get Darick Robertson to sign a comic for my son how much will he charge anyone know?

Usually if you bring a comic the artists will be happy to sign it for free. They will charge for sketches and drawings and that stuff.

Many thx for reply and have a good weekend . :(:P:thumbup: