Last minute guests

The only thing I am worried about is that another Harry Potter guest will be announced, and my friend who can't make the event will ask me to get an autograph for her, and then she will hate the photo that I have chosen for her.... ;)

It is always possible, but it is more likey that guests will cancel at the last moment.

It has happened here with Marry Tamm, and previously with Brandon Routh and Christopher Lee.

Infuriating I know, but unavoidable ;)

Unless you had some multi signed item which you would want to add a signature to, then it wouldn't be the end of the world. After all there will still be the 10x8s provided by SM, you will be in a hall full of merchandise that can be purchased and you have the capital city of Great Britain on the door step with shops like Forbidden Planet etc where you could probably pick anything else up.

Lets put it this way, I would far rather have the problem of an A List guest being announced after I have left for the show with nothing for them to sign than an A List guest cancelling on the day of the show!

• Moderators

I really don't think it's a case of whether guests 'want' to do an extra day. Showmasters have specifically organised the free signers on Friday only. It makes sense, as I doubt many people would want to have to pay for something on Sat/Sun that hundreds got free on Fri.

Totally agree with the above post, if a special guest arrives and you didn't bring that item you wanted signed, it really isnt the end of the world. There seems to be a number of places in the LFCC where you will be able to pick up a photo or maybe even some merchandise with their image on it.

Personally, the only guest that could be announced to make me want to travel back to belfast to pick up a poster of her would be Carrie Fisher, then again, if she did attend the LFCC i would get a picyure with her:)

I really don't think it's a case of whether guests 'want' to do an extra day. Showmasters have specifically organised the free signers on Friday only. It makes sense, as I doubt many people would want to have to pay for something on Sat/Sun that hundreds got free on Fri.

i think it woul depend on who the guest was there is not a possibility of me being there for friday night, but i would have liked to have met the "alien" guest and i think i might be right in believing that some signers used to be free for the first so many signers? i am sure i can remember getting one for free

• Moderators

Yes, that's correct. SM would have to decide whether it would be financially viable to have the guest there another day, and so far I wouldn't say there's anyone that would have huge demand all days.

• Showmasters Admin

I only remember this happening once in the last 5 years. On the Friday - 4 of the main cast of Heroes were announced. Luckily we didn't leave Wales until the Saturday morning so were able to bring our multi signed items. :wub:

Actually Hayden and her dad had been announced for a while, It was only the two brother that were announced on the Friday.

I only remember this happening once in the last 5 years. On the Friday - 4 of the main cast of Heroes were announced. Luckily we didn't leave Wales until the Saturday morning so were able to bring our multi signed items. :dance:

Actually Hayden and her dad had been announced for a while, It was only the two brother that were announced on the Friday.

That right - now I remember, I'd been away for 2 weeks before looking at the website. I think the 2 brothers were announced about 5 o clock on the Friday if my memory serves me right...... What a manic 24 hours that was.

• Showmasters Admin

I only remember this happening once in the last 5 years. On the Friday - 4 of the main cast of Heroes were announced. Luckily we didn't leave Wales until the Saturday morning so were able to bring our multi signed items. :dance:

That right - now I remember, I'd been away for 2 weeks before looking at the website. I think the 2 brothers were announced about 5 o clock on the Friday if my memory serves me right...... What a manic 24 hours that was.

And you didn't need to grow 8 extra crew like I did :P

If this happens on Friday I will die of happiness :P