how far would you go?

would be interested to hear how far people are travelling for the convention - foreign or domestic.its a sure sign of the dedicated fan,that they will travel great distances to attend these (amazing) conventions.

personally i have only ventured as far as manchester for one,even a die hard movie buff like me couldn`t quite bring myself to trek all the way up to glasgow.but i know there are lots of people who even come from abroad for the cons.

so convention fans..............have you got an early start this weekend? :uhoh:

• Moderators

I'm coming from London .. woo! :P

I'd consider going to Glasgow, for example, if there was someone I REALLY wanted to meet, but luckily it's usually London/Milton Keynes which are easy to get to :uhoh:

if I can get off and somehow afford it either with money or credit card lol then Id never rule anywhere out, but the further and more difficult/expensive it is the better the guests need to be to warrent it.

ive done birmingham and cardiff a few times and will be doing swansea in sep.

Im also going to las vegas for one in august, although its not just for the convention.

I live in luton at the mo but prior lived in london for 10 years, I work in london, so london and mk events are pretty easy to get to (transport works aside)

Coming down from Leeds,never find the distance particularly daunting.Travelling by coach this time due to deciding to go at last minute and train was too expensive.But in order to get into London at a reasonable time I am having to get the 'overnight' coach leaving Leeds at 00:20 Sat morning arriving in London 06:20

coming from worcestershire. about 3.5 hours travelling in total. a train ride to birmingham then a coach ride to victoria in london then the tube to get us to earls court.

coming early friday as we want to go to the dr who experience before preview night :P:uhoh:

Edited by guardianz

I live in luton at the mo

Never mind :uhoh:

I'm in Harpenden so might see you on the train. I'll look out for the tall guy with arms full of photoshoot pics waving a gold pass around :P

I usually only venture to MK or into London. Being about half way between each it's easy and fairly cheap but would happily go to Birmingham or Glasgow if there was someone I really wanted to meet but would probably only bother going to that kind of expense if there were a few guests to make it worthwhile. Would very much depend on who.

Did go to Newcastle for the day once to meet a band that were doing an in-store signing. Long day that was.

Coming from Somerset. About 2 1/2 - 3 hours on a coach. Have been to Milton Keynes and Manchester in the past too, but for me London is easier to get to and not so tiring. (I hate the actual travel part of it, but it obviously has to be done :uhoh: )

Bedford for me, which means less than 30 minutes to Milton Keynes so I always attend them and about an hour and a half / 2 hours dpending if I go by car or train and depending on what delays there are. I'm happy to (and have many times) drive to Northampton and Birmingham for conventions, even one day ones on some occassions. I'm normally fine getting there, but as a couple of people on the forum will know, finding the actual venue isn't always easy...

We're coming from Holland, and are adding a few days of London to the Lfcc itself. Going to the Dr Who experience, buying lots of books etc. We try to go every year, it only an hour or 5 from home to the hotel.

I'm not too far away (Sandhurst), but I will probably have to get up at 5:30am on the Sunday because a) it takes me a while to get ready and :uhoh: the trains only run once on the hour. If I catch the one which gets me to West Brompton circa 09:43 I might have trouble with my clashing 09:50 photoshoots (if it were just the one or the photoshoots were longer, I wouldn't have a problem, but both are only twenty minutes max, which is a bit tight, even with a Gold Pass). And that's not factoring in unscheduled train delays! I'm sure it'll be worth it, though.

Flying over from Northern Ireland on Friday afternoon.

Same Here, I'm flying out of George Best on BMI at 12:50 to Heathrow (Thats Belfast City Airportfor those that are not sure lol)

I was gonna say... bit worried then, lol! :D

Flying over from Northern Ireland on Friday afternoon.

Same Here, I'm flying out of George Best on BMI at 12:50 to Heathrow (Thats Belfast City Airportfor those that are not sure lol)

My flight is 2 hours later to Stansted with BMIBaby.