(another) Question - speaking with guests.

At the photoshoots is it literally '"Hello" -photo is taken- "Bye"' or will I have time to ask the guests a question/have a very quick chat with them?

I'm also a little nervous of losing the ability of speech when I meet them, it being my first con and all. Any tips to stop my brain from melting when I meet the guests?

At the photoshoots is it literally '"Hello" -photo is taken- "Bye"' or will I have time to ask the guests a question/have a very quick chat with them?

I'm also a little nervous of losing the ability of speech when I meet them, it being my first con and all. Any tips to stop my brain from melting when I meet the guests?

It is literally that, very occasionally if you are cosplaying as a character from the program they were in they may mention that they are impressed. You can ask for a pose, but very much not a place to have a chat with them, even if it is a quick one.

At the photo shoots, it's pretty much 'hello' and 'thanks, bye!'. I think the photo shoots are becoming more popular, with some people preferring them to autographs so they have to get through them quickly. If the guest isn't crazy busy (and even if they are sometimes!!), the autograph op is the best place for a quick chat but even then it can be 'hi' and 'bye' which I predict it will be for Karen this weekend.

Edited by sagart

• Moderators

As said above, the photos definitely aren't the place for any chat, discussion or giving gifts etc. That can't even be guaranteed at the auto desk, but there's at least a chance there.

As the others have explained there is no time for a quick chat at the photo sessions.

Assume it would take 15 seconds to ask a question and receive a reply. For example in a photo shoot with 400 attendees if everybody did the same it would add an extra 100 minutes to the session. There just isn't time for that.

As said above, the photos definitely aren't the place for any chat, discussion or giving gifts etc. That can't even be guaranteed at the auto desk, but there's at least a chance there.

Giving gifts at the auto tables is okay though, right?

Would have thought it would be acceptable for "hi, nice to meet you, I got you this, hope you like it, bye"

That would be the norm wouldn't it, then you could leave your gift with them even if they didn't look at it there and then? Hopefully gifts will be allowed

• Moderators

It should be fine yes. Obviously just be aware when it's an extremely busy guest. And just be wary of stuff like home cooked food etc, as for security reasons it's best not to give them that.

It should be fine yes. Obviously just be aware when it's an extremely busy guest. And just be wary of stuff like home cooked food etc, as for security reasons it's best not to give them that.

Indeed, thanks David. I won't be bringing food items.