First timer to Eternal Twilight convention

leejosh123

Hi, this is going to be my first time to the Eternal Twilight convention (EXCITED)but there's a few things that i would like to know?

Firstly i will be making my way back home on the Sunday evening and i don't want to miss too much of the event so does anyone know what sort of time we say farewell to the guests and do they attend the chill out party?

Secondly out of curiosity i was wondering on average how many fans will be there, it says there are 4 VIP tickets, 150 gold tickets but what about silver and standard tickets?

And thirdly the author book signings it says on the web that priority will be given to those buying books on the day, so does that mean that if i have a copy of the book at home already and i bring it along that i won't be given priority even tough i have a genuine copy of the book?

If anyone know any answers to my questions that would be appreciated, thank you, see you all there :P

Hi, this is going to be my first time to the Eternal Twilight convention (EXCITED)but there's a few things that i would like to know?

Firstly i will be making my way back home on the Sunday evening and i don't want to miss too much of the event so does anyone know what sort of time we say farewell to the guests and do they attend the chill out party?

Secondly out of curiosity i was wondering on average how many fans will be there, it says there are 4 VIP tickets, 150 gold tickets but what about silver and standard tickets?

And thirdly the author book signings it says on the web that priority will be given to those buying books on the day, so does that mean that if i have a copy of the book at home already and i bring it along that i won't be given priority even tough i have a genuine copy of the book?

If anyone know any answers to my questions that would be appreciated, thank you, see you all there :P

I left before on Sunday evening. if I remember well, their is a last talk with all the guests around 17h

Fans: 800? more?

For the books, I think you can bring your on copy. You will have to queue

twilight dreamer welcome to the ET convention family!

bring your own books, cheaper to buy online.

Thank-you Jenjen23, im really buzzing to be part of ET6, can't believe i only just found out about Eternal Twilight conventions, so sad that I've already missed 5, it looks so much fun hopefully there will be more and more :(

By the way has anyone had to leave leave directly after the last talks on Sunday as i have to get the train back on Sunday and i was thinking of leaving after the farewell ceremony, im just wondering roughly what time that ends as i have to book my train tickets, i need to make sure i have enough time to get out, collect my luggage out of the holdall and get to the train station, any ideas?

Thank-you Jenjen23, im really buzzing to be part of ET6, can't believe i only just found out about Eternal Twilight conventions, so sad that I've already missed 5, it looks so much fun hopefully there will be more and more :P

By the way has anyone had to leave leave directly after the last talks on Sunday as i have to get the train back on Sunday and i was thinking of leaving after the farewell ceremony, im just wondering roughly what time that ends as i have to book my train tickets, i need to make sure i have enough time to get out, collect my luggage out of the holdall and get to the train station, any ideas?

Welcome to the twi-family :P You're going to have so much fun, that I can guarantee.

The most attendees we've had so far is I think just shy of 800 (someone correct me if I'm really wrong) but there might be more this time considering we have a coveted Cullen attending :thumbup: but that's nothing to worry about, the crowds aren't as overwhelming as you'd imagine and the Hilton is pretty big so there's loads of room to spread out.

We've had authors before and as far as I could tell, no real priority was given to people who bought their books at the event, the books were usually sold at a different table or in a different room and then you'd have to queue up like everybody else so don't see any problem bringing your own books with you, just remember something to protect them from a beating in your suitcase :P

As for sunday night, the closing ceremony usually starts at around 7.30 and doesn't last very long at all, just a lot of thank you's from the organisers to the guests, attendees and crew and from the guests to the organisers, attendees and crew lol. If memory serves it's usually over by 8ish. (Anyone feel free to contradict or confirm this?) If you're dragging luggage it's about a 15 minute walk to the train station through the NEC or you can try and book the Hilton shuttle in advance from reception which is free, but since it's sunday night and a lot of people will be leaving there's a possibility of there being no room, so walking is a viable alternative.

The guests do occasionally attend the chill out party, it depends entirely on the guest though and how comfortable they are mixing with the crowds, this is less of a problem than on other nights generally because lots of people will have gone home already. It also depends on whether or not the guest sticks around for the sunday night or leaves right after the closing ceremony.

I hope I've been a little helpful. I promise you an amazing time! I came to ET2 as a lonesome twilight newbie and I can honestly say that through these cons I've met some of the best friends I've ever had!! Jenjen23 being one of them :D

ooh and I almost forgot, at the end of the closing ceremony, they announce what guests they have lined up for the next ET event!!

Edited by HPSauce89

Thank-you Jenjen23, im really buzzing to be part of ET6, can't believe i only just found out about Eternal Twilight conventions, so sad that I've already missed 5, it looks so much fun hopefully there will be more and more :D

Welcome to the twi-family :D You're going to have so much fun, that I can guarantee.

The most attendees we've had so far is I think just shy of 800 (someone correct me if I'm really wrong) but there might be more this time considering we have a coveted Cullen attending :wub: but that's nothing to worry about, the crowds aren't as overwhelming as you'd imagine and the Hilton is pretty big so there's loads of room to spread out.

We've had authors before and as far as I could tell, no real priority was given to people who bought their books at the event, the books were usually sold at a different table or in a different room and then you'd have to queue up like everybody else so don't see any problem bringing your own books with you, just remember something to protect them from a beating in your suitcase :P

As for sunday night, the closing ceremony usually starts at around 7.30 and doesn't last very long at all, just a lot of thank you's from the organisers to the guests, attendees and crew and from the guests to the organisers, attendees and crew lol. If memory serves it's usually over by 8ish. (Anyone feel free to contradict or confirm this?) If you're dragging luggage it's about a 15 minute walk to the train station through the NEC or you can try and book the Hilton shuttle in advance from reception which is free, but since it's sunday night and a lot of people will be leaving there's a possibility of there being no room, so walking is a viable alternative.

The guests do occasionally attend the chill out party, it depends entirely on the guest though and how comfortable they are mixing with the crowds, this is less of a problem than on other nights generally because lots of people will have gone home already. It also depends on whether or not the guest sticks around for the sunday night or leaves right after the closing ceremony.

I hope I've been a little helpful. I promise you an amazing time! I came to ET2 as a lonesome twilight newbie and I can honestly say that through these cons I've met some of the best friends I've ever had!! Jenjen23 being one of them :WAVE:

ooh and I almost forgot, at the end of the closing ceremony, they announce what guests they have lined up for the next ET event!!

BRILLIANT!!!! thanks HPSauce89, that has been very helpful, it's nice to talk to people who have already experienced a eternal twilight convention, i've got a very good idea of what i need to do now, although i do feel tempted to stay the extra night on Sunday, if i can i will i don't want to miss a thing, it will be great to meet some hardcore twilight fans like myself im just as excited by that as meeting the guests :D can't wait for this amazing experience to happen x

Hiya everyone, this is my first ET... Just got some questions...

When buying are two ET tickets... it said near what ticket it was to "Please provide ALL ticket holder names below" but we couldnt see where you needed to do that... did we do wrong and was that.. is that important to name both are names???

Another question when staying at the Hilton do you get breakfast included... and what time???

Also what do you have to do when you first get there... do you have to sign in with both the Hilton and ET???

How much are like drinks at the partys / Hilton???

If anyone could help me... that would be really nice :P

Hiya everyone, this is my first ET... Just got some questions...

When buying are two ET tickets... it said near what ticket it was to "Please provide ALL ticket holder names below" but we couldnt see where you needed to do that... did we do wrong and was that.. is that important to name both are names???

Another question when staying at the Hilton do you get breakfast included... and what time???

Also what do you have to do when you first get there... do you have to sign in with both the Hilton and ET???

How much are like drinks at the partys / Hilton???

If anyone could help me... that would be really nice :P

I have replied to your other post here :WAVE:

Thank-you Jenjen23, im really buzzing to be part of ET6, can't believe i only just found out about Eternal Twilight conventions, so sad that I've already missed 5, it looks so much fun hopefully there will be more and more :poki:

Welcome to the twi-family :angel: You're going to have so much fun, that I can guarantee.

The most attendees we've had so far is I think just shy of 800 (someone correct me if I'm really wrong) but there might be more this time considering we have a coveted Cullen attending :D but that's nothing to worry about, the crowds aren't as overwhelming as you'd imagine and the Hilton is pretty big so there's loads of room to spread out.

We've had authors before and as far as I could tell, no real priority was given to people who bought their books at the event, the books were usually sold at a different table or in a different room and then you'd have to queue up like everybody else so don't see any problem bringing your own books with you, just remember something to protect them from a beating in your suitcase :D

I hope I've been a little helpful. I promise you an amazing time! I came to ET2 as a lonesome twilight newbie and I can honestly say that through these cons I've met some of the best friends I've ever had!! Jenjen23 being one of them :angel:

BRILLIANT!!!! thanks HPSauce89, that has been very helpful, it's nice to talk to people who have already experienced a eternal twilight convention, i've got a very good idea of what i need to do now, although i do feel tempted to stay the extra night on Sunday, if i can i will i don't want to miss a thing, it will be great to meet some hardcore twilight fans like myself im just as excited by that as meeting the guests :angel: can't wait for this amazing experience to happen x

I also was an ET newbie at ET2, met HPSauce89 (hannah) at the train station and been best buddies ever since! :angel:

You'll meet Twihards from all over the world, me and hannah are friends with Tanja :D from sweden, can't wait to see her again. I think others will agree that although you may only see the ET family once or twice a year it's like you've only seen them yesterday. We always have a brilliant time at the talks, parties and even while queueing up for autos and photos (I know that sounds mad, but one little thing will set you off laughing and create memories that will last a lifetime).

ET2 I left just as the last party was starting which was a bit poo, but we've stayed for the last party since cos I literally nearly collapsed after running to the train station at ET2.

I also was an ET newbie at ET2, met HPSauce89 (hannah) at the train station and been best buddies ever since! :eek:

You'll meet Twihards from all over the world, me and hannah are friends with Tanja :yoda: from sweden, can't wait to see her again. I think others will agree that although you may only see the ET family once or twice a year it's like you've only seen them yesterday. We always have a brilliant time at the talks, parties and even while queueing up for autos and photos (I know that sounds mad, but one little thing will set you off laughing and create memories that will last a lifetime).

ET2 I left just as the last party was starting which was a bit poo, but we've stayed for the last party since cos I literally nearly collapsed after running to the train station at ET2.

Ahem ahem, who was it you met first Jen?! :eek:

I also was an ET newbie at ET2, met HPSauce89 (hannah) at the train station and been best buddies ever since! :dance:

You'll meet Twihards from all over the world, me and hannah are friends with Tanja :yoda: from sweden, can't wait to see her again. I think others will agree that although you may only see the ET family once or twice a year it's like you've only seen them yesterday. We always have a brilliant time at the talks, parties and even while queueing up for autos and photos (I know that sounds mad, but one little thing will set you off laughing and create memories that will last a lifetime).

Ahem ahem, who was it you met first Jen?! :P

Ahem ahem, Jealous much? :P OK to set the record straight...Jen recognised Rayray at the train station and I just happened to be there at the time :P

Although I do owe massive thanks to you Rach for introducing me to the world of ET :P I take it you're coming to ET7?

I also was an ET newbie at ET2, met HPSauce89 (hannah) at the train station and been best buddies ever since! :dance:

Ahem ahem, who was it you met first Jen?! :P

Ahem ahem, Jealous much? :P OK to set the record straight...Jen recognised Rayray at the train station and I just happened to be there at the time :blush:

Although I do owe massive thanks to you Rach for introducing me to the world of ET :D I take it you're coming to ET7?

haha! yh rachel I saw you first, hannah looked a bit bewildered !

gotta say thanks to sammi aswell for telling me all about ET :)

Hey Twilight Dreamer, feel free to add me on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2...amp;h=sAQBHj6Ox

Just let me know who you are so I know to accept the friend request :P Can't wait to meet you :smile:

Thank you, feels like my experience to ET conventions has already started meeting some great people already, and btw i pre-ordered all my books a couple of days ago so thanks for the heads up on that :P counting down the days now, just need to know what to pack ;)

Last time me and Hannah took her car and it was full of stuff, and had even more in it on the way back.

I suggest packing pasta pots/cuppa soups aswell as your clothes cos food can be expensive at the hilton. there's many threads on here about food though :)