Getting nervous

:wub:

So I am getting really nervous and scared now. I am a worrier and I do not do well in big masses of people but I want to meet Alex more then anything.

But I am scared I will mess up when I meet her and I am worried about the mass of people as I said. I am not used to these things, I went to the Halloween one but there wasn't a lot of people there really and plenty of places for me to sit and chill out.

I really do not want my nerves to mess my day up and my chance of meeting Alex.

I keep thinking about every single that could go wrong like missing my train, or Alex hating me and thinking I am some weirdo :P;)

Just try and stay calm, that's the best advice I can give (as a fairly experienced attendee).

Organise your day, so you know what you're doing and where, and if you have any problems or queries at all, find a member of crew, and they'll be happy to help.

Alex won't hate you, and you'll be fine when you get to meet her too. If you're really nervous before hand, just run positive thoughts through your head, or speak to someone else in the queue or a member of crew to calm your nerves. She'll be lovely with you, as she will be with everyone.

So stay calm, plan ahead, and enjoy :)

Just try and stay calm, that's the best advice I can give (as a fairly experienced attendee).

Organise your day, so you know what you're doing and where, and if you have any problems or queries at all, find a member of crew, and they'll be happy to help.

Alex won't hate you, and you'll be fine when you get to meet her too. If you're really nervous before hand, just run positive thoughts through your head, or speak to someone else in the queue or a member of crew to calm your nerves. She'll be lovely with you, as she will be with everyone.

So stay calm, plan ahead, and enjoy :)

Thank you.

I mean I do not expect her to be like "Omg hello we shall be friends forever" but I do want her to kinda notice me you know? I am not very noticeable, I can be pretty quiet and all I can say is "Hello"

I am planning on bringing her something I made I thought it might help me talk to her, like she would have to say thank you, I guess.

Yea that sounds like a good idea :)

In my experience guests will always be very friendly and answer any questions and things like that, so if you think of some, ask, and she'll answer :)

It's a good way to get noticed and make sure you have a memorable time :)

:D

So I am getting really nervous and scared now. I am a worrier and I do not do well in big masses of people but I want to meet Alex more then anything.

But I am scared I will mess up when I meet her and I am worried about the mass of people as I said. I am not used to these things, I went to the Halloween one but there wasn't a lot of people there really and plenty of places for me to sit and chill out.

I keep thinking about every single that could go wrong like missing my train, or Alex hating me and thinking I am some weirdo :P;)

I think you just need to relax, stay calm and don't stress yourself out too much before you go by worrying about it, and I know from experience that that is easier said than done, if you try and just go with the flow on the day and when you meet her I think you'll find that the nerves will disappear and you'll have such a good time, also try and chill out when you're in the queue, by watching what the folk in front of you do and that may help!!!

On the whole though look at it this way, you're getting to meet someone you've wanted to for a while and if you're nervous who cares, it's still a fantastic experience to treasure and then next time you can be even less nervous!!!!

Have fun :wub:

I know how you feel Hun! Last year was my first convention and I was so worried somthing would go wrong I didn't get any sleep before going there. I wanted to meet Andrew j Robinson so badly and when I atlast got inside it took me a few tries before I atlast got the nerve up to go to him, well, I need not have worried one bit!!

He was lovely, I managed to tell him what I wanted and at the end he took hold of my hand and said "god bless ya Sonya" I walked away hugging my autograph and actually cried it was a lovely experience. I also loved all the people I met, found the people working there the nicest most patient people I ever met and I left the convention feeling the happiest I had felt in a long time.

So please try not worry too much! It will be a fantastic experience!

:(

I keep thinking about every single that could go wrong like missing my train, or Alex hating me and thinking I am some weirdo :P:o

dont worry im the same. i suffer from anxiety and do not like strangers and will only leave my house if i am with someone i know and trust. so your not alone. im worried too. i have been to small cons but nothing on this scale. thats why i like to organise my days if i am venturing outside my house so things wont go wrong. im all packed and ready for the LFCC now. i have just gotta get there now :P

EDIT: i am taking my anxiety meds with me just incase i have a panic attack so im prepared. if you are stressed maybe getting some herbal tabs like kalms over the counter may help. im on prescription meds now but its just a thought. may help to have some incase.

Edited by guardianz

I'm another of the anxious crowd, its interesting that fandom helps us out our comfort zones.

Knowing you are anxious, being careful is not a bad thing. Its when you get overconfident you start making mistakes you'll regret later.

im very shy and nervous around the stars especially the women.

although in my few years ive become a bit more used and accustom to the photo shudio, im still VERY shy, and man I just freeze and start sweating if they start to talk to me. or I start talking crap. man im sad.

2 examples, chase masterson in 09, my second con, in the photo shoot she started to talk to me briefly as I left and I almost tripped over some cable on the floor whilst spouting out some tosh.

at my first con ever in 09, my first ever guest meet, tom baker, started talking to me in the studio and i almost fainted, and just went er ar er ar, erm.

just try to stay calm, smile. but also remember, u dont get much time with the guests at all, most will be hi, thank you and goodbye. especially in the studio. if u want to talk or make an impression then the signing desk is where to do it, but even then, unless you are very lucky and the guest isnt busy, u wont get much time.

ive also noticed that many wont remember u, how could they, they meet thousands of fans, occasionally some ppl get lucky, usually those who are big fans and meet them regally, there are a couple of ladies on here who love TW and GDL and Kai and im sure others in the cast know them by name,

1oth doctor matt holden is known by nicola bryant I bet, he loves her and goes to just about every public event she has done since he started in cons, he is also confident so talks to her alot.

and i think katee sackhoff remembers tonythecylon cos he stalks her across the globe, lol.

but yer generally your meet with the guest is very short, even for those who arnt shy like me.

chase masterson did remember me on the monday on cm17, but thats cos I met her 3 times and got 3 photos over those 3 days lol, she said how many is this now? lol, but will she remember me if I meet her in vegas, I very much doubt it. just how it goes, they rarely will remember, they meet thousands of fans, but man if they do its an amazing feeling, those ppl are so lucky.

just remember there are lots of ppl they meet and that want to meet her, stay calm if you can, smile,

lol I should take some of my own advice

I keep thinking about every single that could go wrong like missing my train, or Alex hating me and thinking I am some weirdo :thumbup::D

well she is there all day, and thanks to her doing cm last month, u might be lucky even if you are late,

a guest hating you? humm, ive not heard of that happening, and u dont get that much time with them tbh,

for me, Im sure colin baker doesnt like me, ive met him a few times now and he gives me this weird look, almost like he thinks im a dealer, or he just doesnt like the look of me.

a friend has told me he is like that with alot of ppl, especially men who are similar in stature or bigger? who knows. but he has never been rude or hateful to me. just looks at me very suspiciously, which isnt great but, hay ho, nothing I can do about it. it might be cos I dont talk much, which is cos im shy, with most guests, I just go up say hello, ask them to sign and thankyou and im off, lol, very shy, I dont know. sometimes teh guest asks me something and if I dont freeze sometimes we chat briefly. colin asked about my poster and got a bit off when I wouldnt let him sign in the middle, lol, he asked who that space was for and I said matt smith, he said good luck, I thanked him for coming to events and he said big finish have been good to him so its only fair, (it was a big finish day) but still I got the weird look from him lol. before and after I refused to let him sign in matts spot. ;-)

Edited by timelord81r

:YAHOO:

I keep thinking about every single that could go wrong like missing my train, or Alex hating me and thinking I am some weirdo :D:YAHOO:

dont worry im the same. i suffer from anxiety and do not like strangers and will only leave my house if i am with someone i know and trust. so your not alone. im worried too. i have been to small cons but nothing on this scale. thats why i like to organise my days if i am venturing outside my house so things wont go wrong. im all packed and ready for the LFCC now. i have just gotta get there now :thumbup:

EDIT: i am taking my anxiety meds with me just incase i have a panic attack so im prepared. if you are stressed maybe getting some herbal tabs like kalms over the counter may help. im on prescription meds now but its just a thought. may help to have some incase.

Thanks I take Kalms sometimes so I may do this and just pace myself. Alex is the only person I am going to meet so I do not have to focus on a lot so I will get those done and most likely leave the con for a bit and go get something to eat and come back for my photo :) I feel better knowing I am not the only scared person :)

:clap:

I keep thinking about every single that could go wrong like missing my train, or Alex hating me and thinking I am some weirdo :YAHOO::YAHOO:

dont worry im the same. i suffer from anxiety and do not like strangers and will only leave my house if i am with someone i know and trust. so your not alone. im worried too. i have been to small cons but nothing on this scale. thats why i like to organise my days if i am venturing outside my house so things wont go wrong. im all packed and ready for the LFCC now. i have just gotta get there now :thumbup:

Thanks I take Kalms sometimes so I may do this and just pace myself. Alex is the only person I am going to meet so I do not have to focus on a lot so I will get those done and most likely leave the con for a bit and go get something to eat and come back for my photo :) I feel better knowing I am not the only scared person :)

you are no way the only scared person out there us geeks are shy nervous creatures :clap:

i've been on kalms for a week now and have been having nightmares about forgetting my tickets and stuff and missing my photos :D

it will all be groovy on the day :clap:

you are no way the only scared person out there us geeks are shy nervous creatures :YAHOO:

i've been on kalms for a week now and have been having nightmares about forgetting my tickets and stuff and missing my photos :uhoh:

it will all be groovy on the day :YAHOO:

I've been experiencing the opposite! Brilliant dreams about meeting the guests I wanna meet, and even meeting others that haven't even been announced but who just seemed to turn up, lol! Even dreamed I was in Corey Feldman's line, someone called my name, next thing I knew I was walking around on my way to meet someone else.. Where the meet with Corey went to in that dream is beyond me, lol! :thumbup::D