LFCC Con must haves

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bag big enough to fit Alex Kingston in :P

Good good, I hear you're about the same size as her so we won't need to find something to bury you in :firedevil:

I was referring my suggestion to Orangepeel, Too Tall :D

I have no desire to take any of the guests home with me :D

Cheeky! I have no idea what gives you these ideas ;O haha

I am sorry, where do I get these crazy ideas? :P

I have got no idea. It would seem you think I am totally crazy about Miss Kingston or something O_O words fail me, haha

A bag big enough to fit Alex Kingston in :D

Good good, I hear you're about the same size as her so we won't need to find something to bury you in :firedevil:

I was referring my suggestion to Orangepeel, Too Tall :D

I have no desire to take any of the guests home with me :P

Cheeky! I have no idea what gives you these ideas ;O haha

I am sorry, where do I get these crazy ideas? :D

I have got no idea. It would seem you think I am totally crazy about Miss Kingston or something O_O words fail me, haha

:D I'm such a fool, accept my sincerest apologies :P

On a more serious note though, you prepared what you're gonna ask her? Or you just gonna see how you feel on the day?

Well I have wrote her the letter :P

And I am going to bring her something I feel both of these will give me a starting point of talking if I fail to tell her about my ticket, lol

I mean she will have to say something to me if I give her the things surely? and then I might get more confident :D

True, true......if you give her things, it'll definately get the ball rolling :D

Great conversation starter that, ashame I'm too tight to part with anything :P

I haven't gotten much it only cost a £1 but it is :D so yes :P

And the letter :P

True, true......if you give her things, it'll definately get the ball rolling :lol:

Great conversation starter that, ashame I'm too tight to part with anything :P

I haven't gotten much it only cost a £1 but it is :lol: so yes :D

And the letter :D

It's the thought that counts :P

I have never felt you should spend a lot on gifts, so much is lost in the cost of things.

I think you should think about what the gift would mean to someone :D

Usual things for me to have are:

Oyster card

Entry tickets, photoshoot tickets and talk tickets all together -and somewhere where I know where they are (the amount of times i've paniced because I dont know where it is

Fully Charged Camera

Preferably a drink and maybe a snack

money

phone

Anything else that I need but that's usually it.

- I like to bring a list of all the guests I want to see with me, in order of who I think might be most popular, then I try and go for there VQ tickets in that order (unless I pass where one of the guest I want to see is signing then I just pick up there VQT on the way)

Hehe, this is an important thing Ill bring with me, but Ive gone abit over the top and made an excel spreadsheet with the guests and usefull information ^^ (I tend to be abit well, ordercrazy sometimes)

Snap! I have a 6 page spreadsheet XD

Hehe, this is an important thing Ill bring with me, but Ive gone abit over the top and made an excel spreadsheet with the guests and usefull information ^^ (I tend to be abit well, ordercrazy sometimes)

6? Blimey I thought I was bad enough with three :)

Useful though to see how things might clash and to work out who to see and when but you've got me wondering if I've missed something now.

Useful though to see how things might clash and to work out who to see and when but you've got me wondering if I've missed something now.

3 pages of guests, highlighting who I want to meet and/or have already paid for a photo with, a list of all my orders, and another 2 pages with the full and my stage and photoshoot schedules. Doubling up on stuff, probably, but I'd rather be too organised than not enough :)

3 pages of guests, highlighting who I want to meet and/or have already paid for a photo with, a list of all my orders, and another 2 pages with the full and my stage and photoshoot schedules. Doubling up on stuff, probably, but I'd rather be too organised than not enough :)

Omg there are more people like me :D Ive only got guests which I want to see and maybees, then sorted in which I want the most etc... :)

Edited by Wondermoose

Omg there are more people like me :wub: Ive only got guests which I want to see and maybees, then sorted in which I want the most etc... :)

i have a lovingly colour coded print out of the photo times and talk times there was even some cutting and glueing to make it all fit on one page per day :D along with the usual protective folders to put pics in postie notes, pens, notepad (proper old fashion paper kind) camera, energy drinks sweeties :( next week i shall make lists of what else i need to bring :D

A typical bag's worth for me looks like this:

â–º Tickets - for gaining entry and doing stuff

â–º Fully charged camera - for taking photos

â–º 8x10s - for getting signed

â–º Post-It notes - for requesting dedications and attaching to 8x10s

â–º Pen - for writing on Post-It notes

â–º A4 plastic wallets - for storing 8x10s and photoshoots

â–º Stiff cardboard pouch - for storing A4 plastic wallets

â–º Small bottle of alcohol-based hand gel - for hand- and toilet-seat cleansing

â–º Comb - for running through hair (what little I have) before photoshoots

â–º Spare T-shirt - in case I arrive sweating or rained-on, or dribble food or drink down myself

â–º Small roll-on deodorant - for freshening up once I'm inside

â–º Packet of chewy mints - for freshening breath at various times

â–º Bottle of water - for general sipping to aid hydration

â–º Two bottles of Diet Cherry Coke - one for lunch; one for late-afternoon, for the caffeine buzz

â–º Rolls - for lunch

â–º Loads of snack bars, plus a small bag of mixed nuts and a banana - for energy at various times

â–º Ibuprofen - in case I get a headache

â–º Immodium - in case I get the squits

No matter what time I leave my house in the morning, I start the day with a big bowl of Special K and a cup of tea.

My secrets are out now. I feel dirty.

You bringing a bag or a Suitcase Minky? I usually only bring a small Courier bag with my camera which rarely comes out, a bottle or 2 of drink, a new edition this year will be my ipad as I never go anywhere without it and other than my tickets to get in I don't bring anything else unless I have a specific item to get signed by someone attending i.e. BTTF boxset for Christopher lloyd but I did that when he was over last time.

This is my first LFCC event (well first event of this kind anywhere) so i'm planning on packing light:

Entry Tickets

A List of ALL of the guests I'd like to meet over the entire weekend

Times - This is for photo's and talks

2X Bottles of water

1X Minty Tic Tacs - hate to have onion breath when meeting Erin Gray lol

A small notepad and pen to make any notes or changes to the event

An A4 ringbinder

Loads of A4 poly pockets for the autographs and photo's

Lynx - was going to go for Brut but don't want to over power the female guests lol

A spare Polo shirt in case of "mishaps"

Hankies - in case of sneezes or i dribble too much when meeeting the guests lol

digital camera and loads of batteries

my mobile - so i can make ALL of my friends jealous

oh and one other.... LOADS OF SPENDING MONEY:)

I really cant wait for this event, next Friday, WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Word of advice as this is your first con. Polypockets are great but can still get bent. On the dealers stands you will see plastic ones whicth are like £1 for 4. BUY THEM. There more sturdy and harder to bend and give them more protection!

My list

The above mentioned. I swear by them!

Make -up (in case of needed touch ups)

My costume (If i decided to Cosplay)

Hair brush

Drinks for me and my sister.

Book - just in case of waiting times

MP3

Deoderant

Blimey, bit of an eye opener reading all this. It's usually just me, camera, money, folder with clear sleeves to store photos in until I get them home and at LFCC, tickets.

Might have to rethink this a bit especially as I'll probably have a non-pocketable camera this time with changable lenses, bottle of water is a good idea, some nibbles too. hmmm. Another list need be starting methinks.

well. everything has pretty much been said here. my big things will have to be my camera and batteries, i got a brand new one for my birthday last week and cant wait to try it out at the con. also my painkillers are a serious must! water as i get thirsty too easy its silly really and a bag to carry all my stuff in! oh! and safety pins, in case my cosplay misbehaves and i have to pin something back together heh

i can't believe no one has said toilet roll if you have your own toilet roll all is ok with the world lol :coolthumb: and you could sell it if all the loos run out and use the money to buy more photo's etc etc :mellow:

Given you're unlikely to need a whole toilet roll, I tenbd to just make do with a couple of those little pocketsize/travel size packs of tissues - can be used in the toilet if necessary, plus have other general uses and are lighter and take up less space than a loo roll.

I'll be bringing some sweets with me (chewable mints, humbugs, and butterscotch) so if anyone fancies a sweet and spots me, come on over and I'll be happy to give you a sweet or two :coolthumb:

Add in some butterballs, and you'll be rivalling Karen Gillan as my number one must see guest. :mellow: