Movies you are embarrassed to admit you love

verem

I love the topics that ask what film you love or hate. But what about the movies you know are not that good but you secretly like.

I have a massive collection of "so bad they are good " movies such as Plan Nine from Outer Space etc but these are forgivable.

What Im looking for are those who admit to liking films they are actually embarrassed by- I actually enjoy watching (deep breath, head shaking and placed in the open palms of my hands).... Batman and Robin!!!! There I have said it and realise what an admission of guilt this is.

Also I have an affection for The Black Hole (Disney version) but hey, MAximillian was one cool robot (wasnt he??????)

AVP- It wasnt as bad as people say , really!..... Ok I will end it there as I feel Im possibly alienating people.

Please share and hopefully I wont be the only one who has come out of this particular closet!!!

I'm never ashamed of anything I like, but there is one in particular I've mentioned on here a couple of times that most might think is bad, if they've seen it, lol! It's a really tame 80s horror movie called Chopping Mall, which is basically robots who act as security guards in a shopping centre going haywire and start killing people who have stayed behind after closing. If anyone's not seen it, track it down, though it is regarded as terrible, lol! :D

Blues Brothers 2000 is only so-so (certainly not a patch on the brilliance of the original), but I like it for the music.

Where the Buffalo Roam is a bit of a car wreck of a film, but Bill Murray's portrayal of Hunter S Thompson makes it woirth watching if you've ever enjoyed HST's books.

O.C. and Stiggs is a shallow adaptation of a number of articles in National Lampoon magazie, primarily the entire October '82 issue ("The Utterly Monstrous and Mind-Roasting Summer of O.C. and Stiggs."), but I'm glad somebody (Altman) at least tried to make a movie out of it. Dennis Hopper plays "crazed Vietnam vet Howard Sponson" in what also might be seen as a pastiche of so many roles Hopper played at that time :-)

Blues Brothers 2000 is only so-so (certainly not a patch on the brilliance of the original), but I like it for the music.

I love The Blues Brothers, and I whole heartedly agree that Blues Brothers 2000 is not a patch on the original. But this film was made as a homage to John Belushi, Cab Calloway and John Candy. The music was superb and the end jam was mind blowing.

I can listen to this music all day long.

I have never been embarrased to say I like a movie. But here are some of my favourites that may raise an eyebrow or two

Batman & Robin

Showgirls

Masters of the Universe

St Trinians

Scary Movie

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

Godzilla

Star Wars prequels (all of them :D )

Wishmaster

The Rage - Carrie 2

Thats all I can think of now

I have never been embarrased to say I like a movie. But here are some of my favourites that may raise an eyebrow or two

Batman & Robin

Showgirls

Masters of the Universe

St Trinians

Scary Movie

Godzilla

Star Wars prequels (all of them :yoda: )

Wishmaster

The Rage - Carrie 2

Whats wrong with Godzilla unless you mean the dire American thing with Matthew Broderick, that should never be spoken of!

Batman & Robin

Showgirls

Masters of the Universe

St Trinians

Scary Movie

Godzilla

Wishmaster

The Rage - Carrie 2

Whats wrong with Godzilla unless you mean the dire American thing with Matthew Broderick, that should never be spoken of!

I love the Godzilla films (well most Toho studios stuff is great). They are all entertaining, even the really bad ones are great for a laugh.

Actually I know (and appreciate why) that '98 version of Godzilla is reviled by fans of the original Japanese monster, but I have a soft spot for it as an untaxing and amusing piece of light entertainment.

Batman and Robin...I can't help it...Uma Thurman is in it!!!

Uma Thurman WAS it. :)

Batman & Robin

Showgirls

Masters of the Universe

St Trinians

Scary Movie

Godzilla

Wishmaster

The Rage - Carrie 2

Batman and Robin.

Masters of The Universe.

Scary Movie

Godzilla.

Star Wars prequels.

The Rage Carrie 2.

Were all very good films and I enjoyed them immensely.

Da Vinci Code. Preferred the Book though.

ace ventura and ace ventura when nature calls (although not watched the second one for many years)

this is hard as im tying to think of movies I really like that all ppl ive mentioned them to mock me for. not all i would class as LOVE, but movies I really really like, well maybe half and half off the below list.

the postman (kevin costner)

titanic

masters of the universe

the notebook

message in a bottle

americas sweethearts

serendipity

street fighter (JCVD)

pretty much all steven seagal from nico (88) to exit wounds (01).

any given sunday

the wild geese

space cowboys

biggles

end of days

hudson hawk

striking distance

last man standing

screamers

Armageddon

deep impact

tango and cash

judge dread

assassins

demolition man

last of the dogmen

showgirls and striptease (but come on, im a guy & there are super hot women naked in them!) although love would be the wrong word lol

sure there are loads more.

• 2 weeks later...

Police Academy movies (even number 7!!) - we watch them all at least once every two months...:clap:

Waterworld

Judge Dredd

Sgt Bilko (the one with Steve Martin)

Ishtar

Jaws 3

Any Seagal movie (coincidentally, he'd make a great guest)

I could go on forever with this list.....

• 4 weeks later...

I just got round to watching Sucker Punch which got loads of bad reviews. Personally though, I really enjoyed it :frankie:

I have to say that I really enjoyed Sucker Punch as well, but my favourite movie ever since I was 5 years old, which I can still laugh at today is Spaceballs, it's just got a universal appeal that everyone from 4 years upwards can laugh at.