Need a Star Wars headliner

I think SM really need to go hell for leather to try and find a decent level Star Wars guest for the show. Someone along the lines of Ray Park, Peter Mayhew, Jake Lloyd, etc - the lineup is great but lots of Star Wars fans from the forums I use simply won't come just for the background signers and regular attenders that are still listed attendees.

Come on SM - You can do it!

Agreed there mate - but it is less than two weeks away now so not sure what can be done .

It is a shame about the cancellation especially as he was the first guest announced months ago. He was the reason I was attending but still will be going (hotel already booked and paid for, time booked off work etc) but still gonna have a blast and event still looks excellant.

Maybe the showmasters guys will get one of the guests they mentioned in the poll a few weeks back (Christopher Lee, Hayden Christenson).

Heres hoping.

Its a shame that he had to cancel, but there are plenty of other guests that i am interested in meeting, so while i'm a bit disappointed, these things happen ut there is no way i'mgoing to miss this event.

That said, I would LOVE to meet Carrie Fisher, now that would be an amazing guest:)

Agreed, this could be the first time that my star wars art print stays at home as no other sigs I want to put on it at present. Still there are plenty more guests for me to spend my money on!

• Moderators

I knew people that were meeting him for Green Lantern, so they might want a GL replacement.

It's very tricky to replace a guest like-for-like if they've been in a few things, as it won't please all fans.

Its a shame that he had to cancel, but there are plenty of other guests that i am interested in meeting, so while i'm a bit disappointed, these things happen ut there is no way i'mgoing to miss this event.

That said, I would LOVE to meet Carrie Fisher, now that would be an amazing guest:)

With you on that one - I saw her at my first cons about 8 years ago in London (Billy Dee Williams was near her to) but wasnt collecting autos back then - always regretted not getting her auto. Then she was back 5 or so years ago but I was at the cons with my three year old son and it was a very hot day so didnt think the two hour queue was a good idea. Would love to meet her- may even wear a slave costume for the event!!!!- But Im 6 foot 1 so may be hard to find one, and have to shave off my beard to......!

Yeah but...and prepare to get lynched as I say this but... do you really? At pretty much EVERY (and i'm not even exaggerating) event I have been to there has always been at least one good Star Wars guest. Surely it's ok for there not t be one at one event? I'm a Buffy fan and I don't get a Buffy guest at pretty much every event. You SW guys are generally really lucky and I'm sure that Temurra will be back.

I may well get lynched with you, ^^^^^^^^ but I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've just said!!!

As a Buffy, Angel & Firefly fan, it always saddens me that there really aren't that many guests at any of these events and they are much more recent than Star Wars, so yes I think the SW fandom is catered for really well!!!! :D

Cue said lynching!!!!

I knew people that were meeting him for Green Lantern, so they might want a GL replacement.

It's very tricky to replace a guest like-for-like if they've been in a few things, as it won't please all fans.

i agree. im a huge torchwood fan but not really a dr who fan (i know strange eh) but im so happy with the line up as its a lil bit for everyone x my daughter has someone she would like to meet x i have 8 lol x but TBH it would be nice to have barrowman or gorman at the LFCC but SM cant please everyone but they have certainly tried this year x

yeah GL please :D how about ryan reynolds (i know its not realistic but if you dont ask you wont get) :D:smile:

i agree. im a huge torchwood fan but not really a dr who fan (i know strange eh) but im so happy with the line up as its a lil bit for everyone x my daughter has someone she would like to meet x i have 8 lol x but TBH it would be nice to have barrowman or gorman at the LFCC but SM cant please everyone but they have certainly tried this year x

yeah GL please :D how about ryan reynolds (i know its not realistic but if you dont ask you wont get) :D:smile:

Barrowmans on west end or broadway atm I think if I remember correctly so i doubt theyll bring him in and with the shop closing wednesday its very unlikely that Showmasters will bring any one else in at this late time.

But I know how you guys feel LOTR fan here whos met the regulars and now needs the yankies to complete her hobbit collection. XD

Best thing to do is wait and see. Showmasters wont confirm if they have anyone else in the pipeline till theyve signed the contracts but I highly doubt theyve stopped ringing agents and such to get last min guests. They did it with ET4 and theyll do it again.

:D

yeah GL please :D how about ryan reynolds (i know its not realistic but if you dont ask you wont get) ;):smile:

Barrowmans on west end or broadway atm I think if I remember correctly so i doubt theyll bring him in and with the shop closing wednesday its very unlikely that Showmasters will bring any one else in at this late time.

But I know how you guys feel LOTR fan here whos met the regulars and now needs the yankies to complete her hobbit collection. XD

Best thing to do is wait and see. Showmasters wont confirm if they have anyone else in the pipeline till theyve signed the contracts but I highly doubt theyve stopped ringing agents and such to get last min guests. They did it with ET4 and theyll do it again.

yeah so we shall see what SM have in store or not ;) mind you we have brian tochi from police academy x more police academy actors would also be nice :D lol maybe next year? ;)

Natalie Portman would be great :smile::vader:

I agree but like Alan Rickman (who wont sign anything Potter) Natalie wont sign anything Star Wars.

Would be nice to meet her though.

why wont they sign those items?

id like to meet rickman for prince of thieves

Natalie Portman would be great :smile::vader:

I agree but like Alan Rickman (who wont sign anything Potter) Natalie wont sign anything Star Wars.

I assume they don't want their auto for a popular franchise sold on ebay. Either that or they want to be recognised for something other that those films.

Natalie Portman would be great :D:vader:

I assume they don't want their auto for a popular franchise sold on ebay. Either that or they want to be recognised for something other that those films.

although I sympathize with the ebay and dealers thing, if ppl pay for there auto then its up to them what they do with it,

fine dont sign for free those things but at a con then why not?

and lets be fair, i like NP but she didnt exactly set the screen alight in the SW prequels did she lol

and rickman isnt the headliner in potter, those who are still sign potter stuff.

ahhh, doesnt effect me anyway, as long as they do photos ;-) lol

and rickman i would want an auto from but on a robin hood item.

would be great if they did a con, I dont think NP ever would though

Natalie Portman would be great :D:vader:

I want to meet Rickman for Die Hard.

Not a huge Star Wars fan myself, but I would be more than happy for some LOTR guests to appear. I would get Natalie to sign my massive Black Swan poster, but like someone previously mentioned, I doubt she ever will attend a convention and it is a highly unrealistic suggestion anyway.

Rik Mayall or Malcolm McDowell however.........

Natalie Portman would be great :thumbup::vader:

although I sympathize with the ebay and dealers thing, if ppl pay for there auto then its up to them what they do with it,

fine dont sign for free those things but at a con then why not?

and lets be fair, i like NP but she didnt exactly set the screen alight in the SW prequels did she lol

and rickman isnt the headliner in potter, those who are still sign potter stuff.

ahhh, doesnt effect me anyway, as long as they do photos ;-) lol

and rickman i would want an auto from but on a robin hood item.

would be great if they did a con, I dont think NP ever would though

I apologise for my late reply, but Bunny_Summers is correct, I've known of many situations where people have wanted to get Alan Rickman on something Potter and the same with Michael Gambon who lets face it has been in many other things only to get zilch and the same with Natalie, same with Ian McDiarmid.