Tube info

Just for information, I have been looking at the Planned Works Calendar on theTransport for London website, and it seems it shouldn't be too bad for those of us getting the Tube for LFCC.

There's a Part-Closure for the District Line and Picadilly Line on the Saturday and Sunday:

District Line: No service between West Kensington and Ealing Broadway, and also between Turnham Green and Richmond.

Picadilly Line: No service between Hammersmith and Northfields, and also between Acton Town and Uxbridge. Replacement buses will operate.

All others are fine that weekend, though if anyone wants to double check at any time, here's the link: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews/plann...ar/default.aspx :thumbup:

Just for information, I have been looking at the Planned Works Calendar on theTransport for London website, and it seems it shouldn't be too bad for those of us getting the Tube for LFCC.

There's a Part-Closure for the District Line and Picadilly Line on the Saturday and Sunday:

District Line: No service between West Kensington and Ealing Broadway, and also between Turnham Green and Richmond.

Picadilly Line: No service between Hammersmith and Northfields, and also between Acton Town and Uxbridge. Replacement buses will operate.

All others are fine that weekend, though if anyone wants to double check at any time, here's the link: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews/plann...ar/default.aspx :thumbup:

thanks tina x im at olympia on the friday afternoon for another event ;) but i think we are ok as i need to get to kensington (olympia) from earls court tube station and back again for preview night so i have bought oyster travel cards to use. i know victoria is going to have a delay but only due to the escalators so im in no hurry

Edited by guardianz

So, if you're coming in from Heathrow, and need to get back there quickly, you're screwed!!

Not necessarily. You can get the Heathrow Express from Paddington, which is 4 stops up from Earls Court :thumbup: it takes 15 minutes PAD-LHR and costs £18 single or £32 for a return (2nd part valid for one month)

All others are fine that weekend, though if anyone wants to double check at any time, here's the link: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews/plann...ar/default.aspx ;)

Well its not good for everyone, what about people coming from Richmond, thankfully I'm not cause I'm coming from Elm Park and get off the District Line before the part-closures happen..

On the right hand side of this page is a list of all the stations on the distctict line http://www.londontubemap.org.uk/tube-lines/district-line/

:thumbup:

LLAP :borg:

I'm coming from Cockfosters on the Piccadilly line straight through to Earls Court. So if I'm reading that right, the planned engineering works won't effect my journey?

Yes you'll be okay, the works will be the other end of that line from Hammersmith onwards, and Earl's Court is a couple of stops before that.

Edited by Tina197

oh good, the little bit on the Richmond end of the district line is the exact bit I use... wonderful :thumbup:

There is an overground line from Richmond, but from what I can see, it has to take you quite a way to change over to a tube.. :thumbup:

oh good, the little bit on the Richmond end of the district line is the exact bit I use... wonderful :thumbup:

There is an overground line from Richmond, but from what I can see, it has to take you quite a way to change over to a tube.. :thumbup:

yeah i usually get the train from my town to richmond and then tube from there... or drive to kew. neither works on this occasion so i fear buses may be the only way

yeah i usually get the train from my town to richmond and then tube from there... or drive to kew. neither works on this occasion so i fear buses may be the only way

You might be lucky, as the works are only on District and Piccadilly, so the overground may be okay. It's not been mentioned on the site, so hoping you and others coming from that end will be alright.

So, if you're coming in from Heathrow, and need to get back there quickly, you're screwed!!

Not necessarily. You can get the Heathrow Express from Paddington, which is 4 stops up from Earls Court :thumbup: it takes 15 minutes PAD-LHR and costs £18 single or £32 for a return (2nd part valid for one month)

Thanks for that. I actually deleted my post when I realised I'd spoken too hastily and that the Heathrow Express might actually be a quicker solution all round. :thumbup:

Will this affect euston to west brompton (I've heard WB is closer tithe event?) ?

It shouldn't do, the calendar only says the only stations affected are the ones in the first post. You should be okay.

I was gonna drive down from Yorkshire but hubby wants me to go on the train, for his piece of mind :D

So my journey is Thirsk to Kings Cross, then KC tube to Earls Court.

As i've never been to London before, the tube will be all new to me, will any of this affect my route ??

Also is it just a case of getting off at Earls Court and i'm there or is it more complicated.

Any help from people with knowledge of the area would be greatly apprieciated. :P

I was gonna drive down from Yorkshire but hubby wants me to go on the train, for his piece of mind :D

As i've never been to London before, the tube will be all new to me, will any of this affect my route ??

Also is it just a case of getting off at Earls Court and i'm there or is it more complicated.

Any help from people with knowledge of the area would be greatly apprieciated. :P

I've heard West Brompton is opposite the venue. You should be okay coming in through Kings Cross, if you get off the Kings Cross line at Green Park then the Piccadilly line to Earls Court.

Edited by Tina197

oh good, the little bit on the Richmond end of the district line is the exact bit I use... wonderful :P
There is an overground line from Richmond, but from what I can see, it has to take you quite a way to change over to a tube.. :D

Yes, unfortunately most of the station carparks at tube stations are on the 'Dilly line. Still, it may be useful for some folk.

One day it would be really nice just to be able to get the district line all the way there......... Maybe in 5 years time!!!! It's a bloody joke!
Welcome to something like 35 years of underinvestment in the tube system and an Olympics next year. (Seriously, I do wonder how much the weekend engineering works will ease up in 15 months time...)

I was gonna drive down from Yorkshire but hubby wants me to go on the train, for his piece of mind :thumbup:

Any help from people with knowledge of the area would be greatly apprieciated. :thumbup:

I've heard West Brompton is opposite the venue. You should be okay coming in through Kings Cross, if you get off the Kings Cross line at Green Park then the Piccadilly line to Earls Court.
Your best bet is to look at the map on page 2 of this leaflet from which you will see that yes, whilst West Brompton is indeed the nearest tube station to EC2, it's not like Earl's Court tube station is three-days'-ride-on-a-good-horse away.

And remember if you are coming in to Earl's Court tube station rather than W. Brompton, you want the Warwick Road exit, NOT the Earl's Court Road exit (the exits are at each end of the platforms and are clearly marked - you just need to walk down to the end of the platform marked "Warwick Road exit" or something similar).

first time i made it to earls court station on my own somone had put a 'A' board at the earls court road station saying that you needed to turn round if you were looking for such and such a guest.... your going the wrong way... very useful.

oh good, the little bit on the Richmond end of the district line is the exact bit I use... wonderful :D
There is an overground line from Richmond, but from what I can see, it has to take you quite a way to change over to a tube.. :D

Yes, unfortunately most of the station carparks at tube stations are on the 'Dilly line. Still, it may be useful for some folk.

One day it would be really nice just to be able to get the district line all the way there......... Maybe in 5 years time!!!! It's a bloody joke!
Welcome to something like 35 years of underinvestment in the tube system and an Olympics next year. (Seriously, I do wonder how much the weekend engineering works will ease up in 15 months time...)

I was gonna drive down from Yorkshire but hubby wants me to go on the train, for his piece of mind :(

Any help from people with knowledge of the area would be greatly apprieciated. :D

Your best bet is to look at the map on page 2 of this leaflet from which you will see that yes, whilst West Brompton is indeed the nearest tube station to EC2, it's not like Earl's Court tube station is three-days'-ride-on-a-good-horse away.

And remember if you are coming in to Earl's Court tube station rather than W. Brompton, you want the Warwick Road exit, NOT the Earl's Court Road exit (the exits are at each end of the platforms and are clearly marked - you just need to walk down to the end of the platform marked "Warwick Road exit" or something similar).

we are staying at bolton gardens x would anyone advise me walking from there to EC2 or is west brompton tube closer to it as i can take the EC tube to WB tube?