Elisabeth Sladen & Nicholas Courtney Tribute at LFCC

• Showmasters Admin

Elisabeth Sladen & Nicholas Courtney Tribute at this years LFCC

in aide to rase money for there chosen charities

Elisabeth Sladen, who played Sarah Jane Smith on "Doctor Who" and starred in the spin-off "The Sarah Jane Adventures," died at 65 on 19 April 2011 , she had been battling cancer for some time .

Elisabeth first appeared as Sarah Jane on "Doctor Who" in 1973, alongside the third doctor, Jon Pertwee. She stayed for three and half seasons working with Jon Pertwee & Tom Baker.

Elisabeth returned for several appearances, and received her own Cbbc spin-off, "The Sarah Jane Adventures," in 2007. ware she continued playing the roll till she passed away on the 19 April.

Elisabeth%20Sladen%20new%20pic.jpg

Nicholas Courtney who played Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart died at the age of 81 on 22 February 2011

He made his first appearance as The Brigadier in 1968. He appeared alongside five incarnations of The Doctor, including Peter Davison and Tom Baker. Courtney reprised the role in the 2008 series finale of The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Brigadier%20Nicholas%20Courtney%20RIP.jpg

we will have a never seen befor photo print for both Elisabeth & Nicholas for sale at the show ,this will only be for sale at this show , so they will be rare and you will get a very nice item to remember them both by and you will also be raising money for there charities at the same time .

we have also managed to obtain some Autographs that Elisabeth & Nicholas signed last year and we will be selling them to help rase even more money for both of there chosen charities.

Each will come with a letter of authenticity . Elisabeth's will be £45.00 each and Nicholas's will be £35.00 each.

They will all be limited to first come first sever and will be for sale at the Tribute stand , so if you never got the chance to meet them and gat a autograph from them this will be one of your last chances to buy a genuine autograph and help rase money for the charities at the same time .

we will also be having a wall of images of both Elisabeth & Nicholas to help us all remember them from over the years we have know them .

we plan to locate the screen used K9 near this Tributas well as its owner Mat Irvine who was BBC Visual Effects Designer who worked with both Elisabeth & Nicholas many times over the years at the BBC

Funds raised will go to Marie Curie Cancer Care, the hospice charity which cared for Nick in his last days

and the Meadow House Hospice who looked after Elisabeth in her last few days also

we will be having collection boxes to help rase money as well for both charities, and the total profit brought in from all these activities will be split 50/50 between both of the charities and the money raised will be published on here after the event so you will all get to know what you managed to raise , anything you feel like giving will be greatly appreciated and will help many other people that are suffering in a simpler way now and in the future .

its a great loss to everyone that knew both these lovely people they will be greatly missed but never forgotten

please take a look at the Tribute at this years LFCC and let others know about this Tribute as well

thank you

Jason

sladen2.jpgNicholas_Courtney_Feb23newsnea.jpg

What a lovely idea. I'll certainly keep an eye out for the donation boxes, and give whatever I can. I won't be able to buy the autographs due to money restraints, but will certainly give anything else that I can. :wub:

Excellant idea guys and a very fitting one to.

I volunteer for one of the costume groups that attend your conventions. Not sure if I can mention their name so I will not. We wander about dressed up as Stormtroopers etc and collect money for charity in doing so.

My point is that through the generosity of the convention goers (And showmasters for allowing us to attend) we have raised a tidy sum over the years and hope to continue to do so. Im sure that the charities you are supporting will be pleased with the outcome of the collection and its such a fitting tribute to the very nice people Nick and Lis were.

Fantastic idea SM I'll definitely be making a donation. It's so sad that they've passed on, but Who fans are very generous so I'm sure you'll raise quite a bit for such brilliant charities.

RIP Nick and Lis

Will there be autographs available on each day at all? can only make the sunday
Jason has mentioned that they will be available on a first come, first serve basis. So if they don't sell out on the Friday or Saturday then they will be available on the Sunday as well.

A great tribute, thanks V. much, Showmasters. I was so happy to meet the two of them last year at Conventions.

I was lucky to see Nicholas last year, I had bought a ticket for Sunday to see Elisabeth (just for her), but I was very happy by just being there on the saturday in the end... So I skipped it. Well I regret it so much now....

But I think its nice to this, Im gonna see what I can contribute with :)

• 2 weeks later...

will deff take a look, wonder what the special print looks like, and how much?

I maybe tempted by a lis auto especially if there are some nice ones of her from school reunion with k9 or DT.

was watching a SJA ep today, "Goodbye, Sarah Jane Smith", some of the scenes and how lis played them are so poignant and sad now :-( she really was a wonderful actor and woman, still cant believe she and the brilliant nick are gone :-( recently rewatched his myth makers, lovely, splendid chap