Hover Hands :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched some of the Season 5 Doctor Who with Karen in. It seriously makes me shake thinking about because I'm very excited but also very, very nervous. I have had a celeb crush on here since I started to watch her on Doctor.

A mate of mine does some sound editing on DW and sees Karen quite regularly in the studio doing overdubs etc. He says she's really nice and down to earth so there's no need to be overly nervous with her.

Probably doesn't help much but thought I'd mention it. Of course this will be quite a different situation for her but to be honest I don't think i've met a guest who hasn't tried to make me feel comfortable talking to them.

That actually helps a bucket load.

I'm generally nervous around people I've had a crush on, celebrity or not :D

Karen being the one person I want to see right now alongside Kingston!

I think the problem people have in these situations is they get far too worked up about meeting, talking to or being in contact with someone they've watched, admired and/or idolised.

It's natural, it's not easy meeting your heroes and I've been very disappointed on one or two occasions (not at a Showmasters event I hasten to add) and I do get nervous and excited too but at the end of the day try to remember they are still just people. Some are outgoing, some shy, some will understand the effect they have and will try to put you at ease, some will actually feel uncomfortable about it and may seem more restrained, some will engage you in conversation, some you need to instigate a conversation with.

I've worked with a band in the past (not a particularly big name before anyone asks but gained some popularity in the late 80's) and seen the same thing with some of their fans, but if you try and treat them as you would when meeting any other person you'll probably get a lot more out of the experience and be less nervous. Still feel excited etc but try not to let it take over.

I think the problem people have in these situations is they get far too worked up about meeting, talking to or being in contact with someone they've watched, admired and/or idolised.

It's natural, it's not easy meeting your heroes and I've been very disappointed on one or two occasions (not at a Showmasters event I hasten to add) and I do get nervous and excited too but at the end of the day try to remember they are still just people. Some are outgoing, some shy, some will understand the effect they have and will try to put you at ease, some will actually feel uncomfortable about it and may seem more restrained, some will engage you in conversation, some you need to instigate a conversation with.

I've worked with a band in the past (not a particularly big name before anyone asks but gained some popularity in the late 80's) and seen the same thing with some of their fans, but if you try and treat them as you would when meeting any other person you'll probably get a lot more out of the experience and be less nervous. Still feel excited etc but try not to let it take over.

Again, thankyou.

Think as you said, its the who aura of seeing someone I've watched on TV and really had a slight crush on. Its kind of crazy I know.

I've never had a photoshoot with a girl, but if Kristin Kreuk ever comes to one of these things, I'd die if I got a hug from her. They'd have to scrape me off the floor!

I met Allison Mack and got a photoshoot with her, just as the photo was about to be taken, she rubbed her hand down my back, causing me to straighten up, must admit it's a great photo. :mellow:

I have red, that one lady has used to kiss at least the males getting a photo with her at one or more US-shows.

Don't know if this is true, so no names mentioned. But I did read it mentioned by several people.

Talk about close entounters.:D

I can confirm that Linda Hamilton did this when I met her ! :WINCE:

• 3 weeks later...