Gift Vouchers

mrspuddleduck

Hi

Just wondering if you sell gift vouchers, a friends birthday is coming up and they would like money as they are coming to LFCC. Some of the older members of their family don't like giving money but would be ok with vouchers. I know at the events you can buy autograph vouchers are these avaible in your shop? :P:D

I have to admit that's a very good idea in my opinion. Selling autograph vouchers in the online shop would be quite convenient. They would make great gifts as the original poster mentioned and it would also suit people who don't like carrying around large amounts of money and save them time at the Con queuing for them.

The biggest issue would be that of counterfeit vouchers being produced.

I'm not saying that the original poster would partake in that course of action, but considering the issued experienced after the last twilight event, I doubt it would be within some people's capabilities and some people are less scrupulous than others.

With that in mind, cash or vouchers to some other shop, or maybe towards train tickets/hotel costs or meals etc would be better?

I agree, it is a very good idea.

But Evie Nitram has hit the nail on the head, there is a possible problem with counterfeits. It is horrible that some people abuse the system and everyone has to suffer, but due to that I doubt the certificates will be sold, at least not for now.

Don't they use a raised stamp on photoshoot tickets??

Maybe they could have something like that on gift vouchers so they are officially marked.

Even embossing can be easily counterfeited though. In fact, it's one of the easiest things to do with wax...

I think the only plausible way round it would be for people to be able to pre-order vouchers for collection at the show (thus saving the time to queue up at the organisers desk...) but then they would have to queue up at the organisers desk to collect their vouchers anyway, making it a moot point.