LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: ALFIE CONN

Massive Events

Has Alfie definitely confirmed both Saturday and Sunday?
He is listed as attending both days so I would assume so.

Well the Sunday would suit me as I can also get to see Martin Peters at the same time. Otherwise its a choice of travelling both days or sacrificing Martin Peters. Blimey that sounds bad doesn't it? :headscratch:

Now if you could just get Alan Gilzean

You would have more chance of finding Lord Lucan I'm afraid. Gilly was one of the few dedicated footballers who simply walked away from the game completely after he retired. I know his son played for a while, but I think I have only seen one interview with him since he retired in 1974 and that was just a few years later. I've mentioned before how great it would be to see a reunion of the 1967 Cup winning side as it included Gilly, Jennings, Mackay, England, Venables, Greaves, Mullery and goalscorers Robertson and Saul who deserve a bit of time in the spotlight. Whenever you see items for sale on that well know auction site with the autographs of the team signed at the time, they always fetch a higher price than many other signed items from Spurs sides down the years, so a reunion would be a massive crowd puller. I think I am right in saying its 45 years next year since they won in 67? A great time for a first and long awaited reunion and a team that contained some of the best footballers this country has ever seen!

Has Alfie definitely confirmed both Saturday and Sunday?
He is listed as attending both days so I would assume so.

Well the Sunday would suit me as I can also get to see Martin Peters at the same time. Otherwise its a choice of travelling both days or sacrificing Martin Peters. Blimey that sounds bad doesn't it? :wub:

Now if you could just get Alan Gilzean

You would have more chance of finding Lord Lucan I'm afraid. Gilly was one of the few dedicated footballers who simply walked away from the game completely after he retired. I know his son played for a while, but I think I have only seen one interview with him since he retired in 1974 and that was just a few years later. I've mentioned before how great it would be to see a reunion of the 1967 Cup winning side as it included Gilly, Jennings, Mackay, England, Venables, Greaves, Mullery and goalscorers Robertson and Saul who deserve a bit of time in the spotlight. Whenever you see items for sale on that well know auction site with the autographs of the team signed at the time, they always fetch a higher price than many other signed items from Spurs sides down the years, so a reunion would be a massive crowd puller. I think I am right in saying its 45 years next year since they won in 67? A great time for a first and long awaited reunion and a team that contained some of the best footballers this country has ever seen!

He's slowly coming back to the game apparently - My Dad's a big Gilzean fan and has recently read a book called "Finding Gilly" (I think) and so you never know. Mackay is a top bloke as was Bobby Smith and Greavsey is always up for a chat. Sounds like a good reunion to me! I'd like to see some of the "modern day" players too - ie Klinsmann and Lineker

• 4 weeks later...

If Massive Events are reading this post, would it be possible to confirm that Alfie will be attending on both the Saturday and the Sunday?

I know the Guest Price list states both days, but things can change and it would be most helpful to know if Alfie has been confirmed for both days as I will only be able to make the trip on either the Saturday or the Sunday.

Thanks! :pyth:

What a fantastic guest!!

Thank you to the organisers for arranging for Alfie to be present this weekend. I made the visit to MK to see two players and Alfie was the main guest for me.

A really nice guy and he was very friendly and was pleased to chat with the fans.

If any feedback is fed back to the guests, can you tell him what an honour it was to meet him and thank him for being a real gent. :thumbup: