Please help a LFFC newbie :)

Hiya Guys!

This will be my first proper con and I have a few questions that have been eating away at me so, erm... here goes :D

1) I'm 14 and even though I look a lot older will I have any problems?

2) I have booked 2 photoshoots for the saturday - Christopher Lloyd and Karen Gillan. Now as I placed the orders at different times, at the moment I have only recieved 1 (Lloyd) and it came afer 3-4 days but on the other hand my Gillan hasn't arrived and at a guess i'd say it's been near enough 2 weeks and i'm a bit worried... any advice?

3) Finally my main question... WILL I HAVE ENOUGH TIME!? At the moment, here is my plan for the day ( I will only be attending saturday - bearing in mind I have early bird tickets and can stay as long as I need )

PHOTOSHOOTS

Karen Gillan

Christopher Lloyd

AUTOGRAPHS

Karen Gillan

Christopher Lloyd

John Leeson

Camille Coduri

Sylvester McCoy (maybe?)

Mark Sheppard (maybe?)

+ 2 - 3 hours browsing, shopping and eating

Do you think this will work?

Hiya Guys!

This will be my first proper con and I have a few questions that have been eating away at me so, erm... here goes :D

2) I have booked 2 photoshoots for the saturday - Christopher Lloyd and Karen Gillan. Now as I placed the orders at different times, at the moment I have only recieved 1 (Lloyd) and it came afer 3-4 days but on the other hand my Gillan hasn't arrived and at a guess i'd say it's been near enough 2 weeks and i'm a bit worried... any advice?

3) Finally my main question... WILL I HAVE ENOUGH TIME!? At the moment, here is my plan for the day ( I will only be attending saturday - bearing in mind I have early bird tickets and can stay as long as I need )

PHOTOSHOOTS

Karen Gillan

Christopher Lloyd

AUTOGRAPHS

Karen Gillan

Christopher Lloyd

John Leeson

Camille Coduri

Sylvester McCoy (maybe?)

Mark Sheppard (maybe?)

14 is old enough to come to a con, I think - I know ME's Twilight events attract a lot of younger teenagers, some with parents, some not. If you are coming on your own and have any worries or problems with anything at all, speak to the pit bosses in the red shirts or TooTall as soon as you can.

The orders are processed manually, and the credit card machines were at Collectormania on the Bank Holiday weekend, so that's probably why your Karen Gillan ticket hasn't come yet - email the shop with your order number.

Karen Gillan, Christopher Lloyd and Mark Sheppard are all likely to be very busy, and on virtual queue tickets (a number you get so you don't have to hang around in a queue for ages), so make sure you get VQ tickets for them as soon as possible on Saturday morning.

Edited by laurab1

I can't speak about the last 2 questions but for 1) I'm also 14 and my first convention was LFFC 10- I had a great time and didn't have any problems. Having said that, if you want a friendly face to look out for then I'll probably be wearing a shirt with a Star Wars slogan on (something like 'Han Shot First' if you want to say hi. Also you seem quite organised with who you're going to see so I can't see any major problems with timing, but I don't know much about that :)

email the shop with your order number and ask Yvie (she's the ME shop queen, I'm assuming she's the SM one, too).
Hazel handles the SM online shop. Not Yvie.

Hiya Guys!

PHOTOSHOOTS

Karen Gillan

Christopher Lloyd

AUTOGRAPHS

Karen Gillan

Christopher Lloyd

John Leeson

Camille Coduri

Sylvester McCoy (maybe?)

Mark Sheppard (maybe?)

1. Problems with...?

2. No need to worry. Photo shoot tickets can arrive at any time.

3. As you can be there all day if required, if you are there relatively early (before it opens) then you shouldn't have any problems meeting everybody on your list. Karen will be the busiest so prioritize getting her Virtual Ticket first, then Christopher Lloyd. The rest will be less busy in comparison.

As others have said. Get there so you're in the queue before the doors open (I know it's early, but you don't want to miss out!)

Go straight to the signing area and pick up VQ tickets for the guests you're interested in. Then leave that area. It'll be busy for the first hour or so, and the guests don't tend to turn up until 9.30-10am (depending on all sorts of things!)

Get in some time browsing the stalls and familiarising yourself with the layout of the place, with particular notice to where the photoshoot areas are. Make note of your photo shoot times, as you don't want to be late for these.

Depending on your VQ ticket numbers, head back to the signing area and if any of your guests are there and signing your number or higher, get their autographs. It can take anywhere from 2 mins to 45mins in the autograph queue, even with a VQ ticket (depends on how fast the guest is signing, and whether they stop to chat to people as they go! You're less likely to get the chance for a good chat with Karen and Christopher as there will be a lot of people wanting to go through their queue. Don't take it personally!)

Above all, enjoy yourself. There is no need to be stressed out so long as you know where you have to be at specific times.

Oh, and if you can, go to a bank and take out any money you expect to need whilst you're there in £5 notes - they're always in short-supply at cons! Take more than you expect to need as nearby cash points have been known to run out of money, and you don't really want to be standing in line to buy vouchers if you can help it; though obviously be careful carrying lots of money about with you round London.

I've blabbered a lot, but it's 12.30. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! Have a good time!!

i think that is all fine... when you get in side look for what times your photo shoot are to make sure you dont miss them... then have a look around, you not getting your ticket for gillan tho is abit of a worry..... after your photo shoot it takes about 2 hours for them to return so plenty of time to go get some autographs :))) hope this as helped xx

Thanks guys, you've been a big help!

I think I'll wait another week before I contact anyone about my Gillan ticket though.

Also I know a lot of you were talking about these VQ's, if I get one for Gillan and Lloyd when I first get in is there any risks of them clashing or should I get Gillans and when I've got here auto do I then get Lloyd. Sorry about this but as you know im a con n00b :firedevil:

• Moderators

And VQ numbers for autographs CAN'T clash - you don't have to go get the autograph the moment your number comes up. The numbers are called in batches, with the queue open at any one time to numbers 1-50, or 1-200, or 1-800. Notice that ALL of these batches start from 1 - you can join at ANY time once the higher number is higher than your ticket! So even if you have ticket number 5, you can wait until it says '1-400' if you want (if you're busy getting other autographs, for example).

Hi Liam, I have been going to cons for 7 years now and its easy to get used to it, just be safe, if you feel overwhelmed get hold of a crew member they can help , you cant miss TOOTALL he is like 7 ft tall :blink: but as they say the crew are all friendly and helpful as are most of the people at the con :)

my biggest advise Be sure to bring a camera along with you

some of the lesser busy stars your able to have your pic taken with without a photoshoot so they make nice memories:) and dont forget to come along and say hi to us all - im a member of the MKG and we take pictures with ourselves and you with your camera for free (tho if you can spare a little change for our great ormond st childrens hospital chairty that would be nice ;))

we get all dressed up in star wars gear (again you cant miss me ill be BLUE and have a lightsabre :D and there are many others that dress up in costumes that your sure to love and want pics with

most of all have fun and dont be worried to ask questions your among fellow geeks here :P

see you sat

BADGES x

• Moderators

Hey Liam, welcome to the forum :D

Just to say we can't post about non-Showmasters/Massive Events shows on here, so I had to remove one from your signature. Hope you understand :P