Entertainment Media Show

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if it's in the same venue, how does/will this differ from LFCC, other than the name obviously ? Surely the venue defines ANY event ? So either we have two (or three) LFCCs next year, or EMS goes back to the Olympia in 2012 - which means they're bodyswerving a clash there in November ? :firedevil:

Just a bit messy-abouty ....

• Showmasters Admin

I know it's not a huge difference but EMS has a large sports section where as apart from Mike Tyson last year we don't usually have sports guests at LFCC.

As for next year, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure Mr. Joiner has many things up his sleeves :firedevil:

I still don't think its the greatest name for a show, whenever I mention the EMS to my MSN friends (some of whom even went to the last one!) I still get a ??? they don't know what I'm talking about. I have to say the one at Olympia, or collectomania London.

Myself I think of it as the EMS show, even if thats a tautology!

Edited by TerraHawk

Sorry can't make it on this new date (I carefully planned holidays to avoid events at the start of this year!).

Still £300 odd quid saved I guess, which is a shame as I normally enjoy these events.

Well, I managed to rearrange my trip abroad, so will be attending after all.

Please reward a faithful Cylon and make it a good un....!!!! :D

Edited by TonytheCylon

Sorry can't make it on this new date (I carefully planned holidays to avoid events at the start of this year!).

Still £300 odd quid saved I guess, which is a shame as I normally enjoy these events.

Well, I managed to rearrange my trip abroad, so will be attending after all.

Please reward a faithful Cylon and make it a good un....!!!! :cylon:

lol this reminded me of something when I was a kid, went round to a friends house, knocked on the door, is so and so in ect, her mum goes, oh no shes just popped out to paris, will be back in a few days lol.

i

With return flights to Portugal for the weekend the same price as the special Christopher Lloyd photoshoot at LondonF&CC plus a big Mac meal...I;m surprised more people dont travel more often!!

Got nothing to do with spending loads. Puts things into perspective really.

With return flights to Portugal for the weekend the same price as the special Christopher Lloyd photoshoot at LondonF&CC plus a big Mac meal...I;m surprised more people dont travel more often!!

once your there the costs soon rise, accommodation, travel, food, drink, attractions ect ect

I would like to do more traveling though, hate going on my own though, vegas will be my first trip abroad going solo

once your there the costs soon rise, accommodation, travel, food, drink, attractions ect ect

I would like to do more traveling though, hate going on my own though, vegas will be my first trip abroad going solo

You are never alone in Vegas!

:cylon:

Edited by TonytheCylon

This ^^^^

Was about to say the costs rise when your there, so while the initial travel seems cheap, the rest pushes it up.

Though ive wondered sometimes if it would be cheaper to attend events abroad than in this country due to everything here being so expensive. £100+ a night for a hotel now wth??! I used to complain about £50-60pn!

Though ive wondered sometimes if it would be cheaper to attend events abroad than in this country due to everything here being so expensive. £100+ a night for a hotel now wth??! I used to complain about £50-60pn!

An overseas convention is great fun as you get a holiday out of it too, venues like Vegas, New York etc are (no disrespect) much better fun to hang out either side of an event than say Northampton!

I;ve been to a few overseas events this year (plus one more to come) and one thing you should be aware of is that autographs can be a bit pricey compared with the UK in the states. That said, they have less restrictions on photos at desks and you an get JPEG's for photoshoots sent to you.

Swings and roundabouts really...but try an overseas con sometime, it's a win win situation, guests and a vacation!

And no, i'm not trying to get people to not go to this event, as friends from the US say the same thing about visiting the UK for a holiday/event.

:D

Very true.

timelord81r - You're not going in August by any chance? To another...fan gathering?

Having attended a US event earlier this year, I can say it very much WASNT cheaper :wub:

£500 flights, that beat any UK con I've done alone, then add on the hotel, con ticket, food, spending money...

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

:lol:

Very true.

timelord81r - You're not going in August by any chance? To another...fan gathering?

yep Im going in august, originaly just for ST but ive extended it a week, thought cant go all that way and not have a wonder round lol. going on my jack jones though

also got celine dion ticket, (yer whatever guys say what you want, I love that woman! :thumbup: )

• 2 weeks later...

new dates work better for me :smile:, waaaaay too much happening in November! and it's "near" Christmas so work tend to get extra moany about me wanting weekends off, darg! it feels weird though having the last signing show of the year in the 1st weekend in Oct! and now I can't give out Christmas cards like the last 2 EMS' LOL :lol:

I have to agree about cons abroad, unless you make a holiday trip out of it it's NO WAY cheaper! meeting RDA last year in Vancouver was $400 CA and only included 1 photo and 1 auto and no evening entertainment - and people moaned about the cost of Chevron! :smile: also autos for a certain huge show in August, for example, are going to be between $20-$80 ($80 = £50 atm) are you telling me THEY will charge the equivilent of £25 to meet Mr Lloyd? me thinks not! :D such a shame too as would love to meet Amanda Tapping (for more than the 1minute total of 2x I've met her previously) but I bet she will be well more than the £20 I would aim to pay for her :(

as for hotels near EC, are there not tonnes? if the Ibis is too expensive then look else where ;-) easy for me to say cause I live in Tooting but there is always the Premier Travel Inn at Putney Bridge, a mere 3 tube stops/less than 10mins away? B)

surfy sah xx

Well LFCC11 will be my first con so if that goes down well I will defently consider EMS and is really good that they have it at EC2 so I will know better from LFCC11 and thanks for getting a potter guest! Please get Tom Felton and Phelps twins :)

Edited by PoTtHeAdWhOvIaN

• 2 weeks later...

Entertainment Media Show

Earls Court

1st & 2nd of October 2011

This the new date that we have managed to book so we look forward to seeing you all at our last signing event of the year :(

guest to come soon

Jason ;)

is there a website set up

For this yet?? :P