Any advice for a First Time Convention Attendee?

I like to buy autograph tokens...I work out in advance whose autographs I want and pay by credit card and keep hardly any cash with me. That way, I'm not tempted to pay for extras with cash! Just remember that you can't miss a photoshoot but can always get autographs when the guests are available.

Having an Early Bird ticket helps too...you miss all he big queues later and get in early to the queues for photos or autos.

Oh, and it takes about 2 hours for the photos to be ready from a central collection point, so if you want them on the day you'll have to wait, but for (I think £2) the organisers will post them too you if you really can't hang on. Just fill in a slip at the organisers booth.

Have fun!

however much you are planning to spend...you will almost certainly spend more.

take a camera...plenty of ops for photos,and definitely take a folder to put your autographs in.and i take a tube with me,in case i buy posters or larger rolled items.a smallish daypack is ideal to carry the whole lot.

Hi i have also never attended LFCC before and am planning on just coming for the Sat,i can keep costs down if i book set trains but have no idea what time to expect it to wind up,can anyone help with this please?

The event closes at 6pm. Sometimes the odd guest may finish a bit earlier.

Thankyou, thought i'd looked everywhere for answer! Thanks again for quick replies.

I like to buy autograph tokens...I work out in advance whose autographs I want and pay by credit card and keep hardly any cash with me.

That's actually not a bad idea, though it's still easy to get carried away and use cards with the dealers.

I find if I take cash I tend to stick to just what I have on me. Most of the time anyway ;)

But a nice idea and something else to consider.

Hi i have also never attended LFCC before and am planning on just coming for the Sat,i can keep costs down if i book set trains but have no idea what time to expect it to wind up,can anyone help with this please?

Loopylola, Please make sure you check the underground's website for any engineering works over the weekend as you may have to take a longer route back to your station.

I can confirm there is a small fee to have your pictures delivered to you by filling out a form which can be located by the photo collection point. ( Ask a member of crew working in the photo room to point it out).

Didn't really want to start a new thread on this, seemed a reasonable question to put here.

Is there anywhere you can leave bags/coats etc inside the venue? Lockers you can pay for or a cloakroom? I'm thinking of maybe staying overnight on the friday to save going home late and then coming into London again very early on the saturday morning. Would just allow me to maximise the time I have availavle but wondered if I'd need to carry any overnight stuff around the show all day after checking out of the hotel.

Thanks.

I believe there is a cloakroom located along the right side of the hall as you enter. I have never used it myself so I'm not sure if there is a fee.

That's good, I will be checking out of the hotel first thing Sunday and don't really want to have to drag my suitcase around with me at the event, lol! :D

We do the oppsite with money!! we leave the cards at home and take cash, then when it's run out we know it' time to leave!!

I always use cash too... usually get home with about 25p left, lol! :lol:

Folks, thank you to everyone who has responded on this thread, i really appreciate it:)

I have the early bird tickets for the weekend, so im planning on cueing from about 8:15am in the morning; Im not interested in karen Gilliam but definatly want Christopher Lloyd, but have the whole weekend for his, there are loads of autogrpahs I want, but im gonna take your advice, have a wlak around, see who is busiest and get a queue ticket, for others just queue up when it is a little.

As for crew, i know exactly how you guys feel, Im a member of the Emerald Garrison (Star Wars Costuming Club) so i know what its like directing people lol

Cant wait for this event, thanks again:)

Cloakroom is located to the right(?) as you go through the main doors prices are small bag £1 big bags (suitcases) £2 if memory serves me right! You get raffle ticket so DON'T loose it or your screwed!

Take backpack with bottles of water / pop, chocolate and crisps to munch on. Folder for pictures, camera with extra batteries if needed!

But most of all have fun and take it all in, you'll soon be hooked and wanting to go to more. ;)

Edited by wabit

Cloakroom is located to the right(?) as you go through the main doors prices are small bag £1 big bags (suitcases) £2 if memory serves me right! You get raffle ticket so DON'T loose it or your screwed!

Take backpack with bottles of water / pop, chocolate and crisps to munch on. Folder for pictures, camera with extra batteries if needed!

But most of all have fun and take it all in, you'll soon be hooked and wanting to go to more. :D

Cool info. Swinging back to the idea of coming in by train each day again now (which would take about an hour or so from home) due to the extra cost of the hotel but nice to know there's somewhere to leave stuff if necessary.

I like to buy autograph tokens...I work out in advance whose autographs I want and pay by credit card and keep hardly any cash with me.

That's actually not a bad idea, though it's still easy to get carried away and use cards with the dealers.

I find if I take cash I tend to stick to just what I have on me. Most of the time anyway :D

What are autograph tokens and what do they do and how do you get them??

Edited by Hp101

I find if I take cash I tend to stick to just what I have on me. Most of the time anyway :D

What are autograph tokens and what do they do and how do you get them??

Fifi has pretty much summed it up in her first post already.

You can pay for your autographs by credit card and get vouchers (or "tokens") worth 5, 10 or 20 pounds each. Then you hand those over instead of cash when you pay for the autograph. Those vouchers are on sale near the organisers booth.

I believe there is a cloakroom located along the right side of the hall as you enter. I have never used it myself so I'm not sure if there is a fee.
That's good, I will be checking out of the hotel first thing Sunday and don't really want to have to drag my suitcase around with me at the event, lol! :D

This is fab since I'll have a large-ish bag, a camping chair & possibly a pop up tent with me!

Edited by 1of2