would you pay this amount to meet these people ?

showmasters

i would be happy to pay this price so i can meet this guest   

425 members have voted

1. 1. if there is the right amount of interest it could happen

• Stan Lee £30
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. 2nd choice

• Hayden Christensen £55
    • Christopher Lee £55
  3. 3. 3ed choice

• Ewan McGregor £50
    • Christopher Lambert £35

I voted in the poll but we would buy at least 2 autographs of each (minus Ian Holm) and if there were photoshoots we would get 2 Ewen MacGregor and 1 each of Christopher Lee, Hayden Christensen and Stan Lee.

Voted for Ian Holm, Hayden, and Ewan. But I've no interest in Ian Holm.

Ewan has been my idol for years. I'd kill to meet him...but at the same time I don't know if I want to as he's such a hero of mine and I don't want to do anything that might put my rose tinted view of him in jeopardy. But a photo for £50? Yeah, I'd do that. May not get an auto though for that price, but a photo, yes.

And Hayden - I'd want a photo, not an auto. I really wouldn't want to pay more for him than Ewan as I adore Ewan, whereas Hayden is just Anakin. But at the same time, it's Anakin! So yeah, push comes to shove, I probably would pay £55 for a photo. But not for an auto.

Edited by lizzy88

Hayden is just Anakin. But at the same time, it's Anakin! So yeah, push comes to shove, I probably would pay �55 for a photo.

Wondering what people would pay for a group photo of Jake, Hayden and Dave Prowse....

These are prices for autographs, right?

If so, fans are also willing to pay similar prices for photoshoots.

Agreed!! £50 to £60 for a photoshoot with Sir Christopher Lee is a bargain.

I was more than happy to pay the £45 for the Christopher Lloyd/ Delorean photoshoot ticket and wouldn't hesitate spending good money for a silmilarly rare photoshoot in the future...

Edited by keithporter23

I chose lambert to show my love, and hayden to keep him in the running, but i am keen for multiple signatures from all of these guys...and photoshoots....and talks...and whatever else you can come up with.

The show last year was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed William Shatner and the other great guests, please keep em coming and i will bring my CA$H

Thankyou for the line up so far, anyone else you add is very welcome. When will you announce Matt Smith??? Michael J Fox??? Kirstie Alley??? Jeri Ryan??? Joanne Blalock??? THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING REUNION??? Harrison Ford??? Mark Hamill???

Ewan has been my idol for years. I'd kill to meet him...but at the same time I don't know if I want to as he's such a hero of mine and I don't want to do anything that might put my rose tinted view of him in jeopardy. But a photo for �50? Yeah, I'd do that. May not get an auto though for that price, but a photo, yes.

I'm exactly the same as you! I wouldn't know what to expect and rather want to keep my rose tinted glasses on but at the same time I would sell an arm, leg and a kidney to meet him!

£50 for a photoshoot? Yes, I'd happily pay it, autograph? Not so much as I'd want a couple of things signed from him.

I'm not sure I;d be willing to pay that much.

Someone like Kurt Russell, Mark hamill maybe.

but if you had never met Olmos and it was the only way ?

Yes, like Rusell and Hamill - if I hadn;t met Olmos I would pay these sort of prices to do so.

Thats the problem with this poll, unless you list a whole load sof people and prices and get total numbers, it's not a fair guide. But in general terms, yes get a big guest that I'd like to meet and I;d pay - i suspect many of us on here would do the same.

Hi Jason, thanks for this poll. Although I would love to meet Christopher Lee, I seem to recall that's roughly what he charges for his autograph on his site, so I guess if you're actually getting to meet (albeit briefly!) the man, it's a bargain.

Stan Lee??!! :D

Ok, have to say I am having a total geek girl moment at the thought I meeting Stan Lee for the bargin basement price of £30!!!!

All I've got to say to that is Hell Yeah!!!

I've actually met and looked after Christopher Lee in the past and at £55 that is a great deal.

To be honest all those prices are really good and I'd be happy to pay those prices for any of the guys.

However the stand out and one I wouldn't miss out on would definitely be Stan Lee all the way!

Cheers

Naomi x

I voted for Ian Holm, Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor. Sure, £45+ is a lot more than we pay for most guests but if it's a decent guest people will still pay. They may only get 1 or 2 autos instead of the usual 3 or 4 but the big names will undoubtedly pull in the punters and make sure you get a decent quantity of fans visiting the guests regardless of price.

I was just begging in the LFCC sub-forum for more Alien guests, so seeing Ian Holm would be a definate MUST for this fan. Can you imagine the people who would want to see him for his LOTR work though? There would be no shortage of people wanting his autograph. Same for everyone else listed.

I hope that this list is not totally exclusive to these six names and is indicative of other big names that could be achieved. A real star I would like to see at a show at somepoint would be Sigourney Weaver who even at £50+ would have no shortage people wanting to get her autograph. Another AMAZING guest would be Roger Moore. If you can offer to donate a decent amount to UNICEF then I imagine there is a good chance he would do a show.

I'm looking forward to future lineups already!

But this is confusing...

Stan "The Man" Lee = Legend

Christopher Lee = Legend

Hayden Chrstensen = One Hit Wonder Pretty Boy = Same Price as C. Lee and more than S. Lee?

Not that I am complaining...if you can get them this year (or next?) then please do so, I have my Sideshow SCARAMANGA figure, and a LOTR and SW dvd sleeve all lined up for Mr Lee's squiggle.

• Moderators

But this is confusing...

Stan "The Man" Lee = Legend

Christopher Lee = Legend

Hayden Chrstensen = One Hit Wonder Pretty Boy = Same Price as C. Lee and more than S. Lee?

Not that I am complaining...if you can get them this year (or next?) then please do so, I have my Sideshow SCARAMANGA figure, and a LOTR and SW dvd sleeve all lined up for Mr Lee's squiggle.

It's tricky really, because SM events tend to lean towards the movie/tv area, and so even though Stan Lee is a complete legend he can have a lower price because he's a comic guy .. in simple terms anyway! At least that's how I see it.

Hayden's still pretty 'recent' and he's been one of the iconic parts in one of the (if not THE) biggest franchises in film history, so they can get away with that price. I guess when you factor in rarity etc too, it's no surprise. Plus I guess if you're going to have 'one hit' it's not a bad one to have..

Ever since I started doing these events, I've always been amazed at some guests that were cheaper than others, but I just considering myself lucky :D

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here, probably more realistically the low price of £30 is most probably a signed image and maybe a premium will have to be considered to have his signature on some of his early Golden era work?

This would be totally rubbish if it ever happened. I'd be pretty miffed if I had to pay more to get a stack of silver age comics signed (that have cost me a fortune over the years) rather than a 8 x 10. Charging different amounts for different items would be a slippery slope that I wouldn't want Showmasters to go down as it just wouldn't be fair

Really hope Showmasters can pull this off. I've already set aside the comics I'd get signed. He is definitely my dream guest

Hi, It has happened at other places and not that I'm saying will happen here, but personally I would not rule it out either. :D

As you know at many comic conventions you get the signature free and pay for sketches etc, so considering stan Lee and the importance and impact he has in the medium AND how scarce a signer he is, well this would be a first, so would not rule out the amount of a premium considering it will elevate any comic convention to another level. This is just my opinion as as such obviously just surmisation and realistic assumptions. :wub:

Look at it this way, IF he is announced you can imagine the people that will come :) It will be like Mark Hamill when he signed here. They had to extend the hours and still some, well a lot of people missed out. Also the amount of people queue jumping and the extra security/ staff that was drafted in.

I voted for Ian Holm, Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor but would pay those amounts to meet all the 6 guests listed.....

The highest amount I ever paid for an in person autograph was Mark Hamill in the USA but it was definitely worth it!

Im afraid to think how high I would go if Harrison Ford was ever to become a possible guest prospect!