would you pay this amount to meet these people ?

showmasters

i would be happy to pay this price so i can meet this guest   

425 members have voted

1. 1. if there is the right amount of interest it could happen

• Stan Lee £30
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. 2nd choice

• Hayden Christensen £55
    • Christopher Lee £55
  3. 3. 3ed choice

• Ewan McGregor £50
    • Christopher Lambert £35

Voted for Ian Holm and Christopher Lee. Met both, but the opportunity for a photoshoot would be amazing.

Would like staggered autograph prices for personalisation and this is a must for me also.

Assuming no dedications - taking a punt here, but will probably be in force

So £45 for Sir Ian Holm or £50-£55 for personalisation (for example)

So, you cater for those who are not bothered and those who are passionate about personalisations

No problem in paying the rates for any LOTR peeps.

• Moderators

No personalisations is generally a time constraint issue, so even if you offer a potential purchase option, everyone could still pay it and it'll still be just as busy.

Ian Holm and Christopher Lee

Most definately!!

Although I've heard that Christopher Lee doesn't sign certain things.... would there be any such restrictions in place on the topical nature of items signed?

I think the only merchandise he will not sign is Dracula - although last time I met him he would only sign his cd.

The problem is he has done so many good films what would he sign - Star Wars, James Bond, Lord of the Rings, any Tim Burton movie. The list goes on.....

The voting system of choosing one person or the other is a little unfair, as I would pay those amounts for each of them, and want to meet them all equally as much. Having said that, I would be a lot more comfortable paying those higher amounts for people like Stan and Christopher Lee, who are considered living legends, with huge accomplishments behind them.

Im not sure Christopher Lee would sign for long, and he wouldnt sign autographs fast bless him. Ive met him before and he wasnt too happy signing loads of photos but I was still lucky to get a Star Wars and LOTR pic signed. He only signed for an hour and that was 4 years ago. He has become more fragile since and not sure if he would like all the commotion. He was going to sign at London Comic Con for a few hours once but cancelled a few days before the event if I remember.... Hayden would sign a lot faster and would bring in more money I think because he could chern out more signatures to the hour.

As a huge Alien fan it would be a dream to meet Ian Holm so would be happy to pay that price. Would also pay that price for Ewan McGregor.

But Ian Holm has a huge fanbase with both Alien and Lord of the Rings so I'm sure he would go down well :D

if you have seen the recent Forbes interview, Christopher Lee looks much better than at the BAFTA, where I guess he was also very emotional.

if that can help I wouldnt mind at all the price for him to be even bigger than 55£, his auto is worth more anyway. Many fans have items to complete and that would be their last chance.

And Im all for a limited photoshoot with the legend. If fans are willing to pay the price, let them do ! If tickets are limited to 100, maybe they would be 2 to 4 times more expensive, but I know I would pay.

I just wonder which event would be best for him, Autographica or London ?

To be fair, Ewan's autograph isn't really all that. Just a EMcG if you're lucky (met him in person many times and have quite a few bits signed). However, the chance to meet him in a controlled environment, with a decent photoshoot get's my vote.

ewanmcgregorsignedlongw.jpg

ewanmcgregorsignedepiso.jpg

ewanmcgregorsignedepiso.jpg

ewanmcgregorasobiwanint.jpg

Hayden - Yeah, price is too high. £20/£25 tops I'd say. He's a good guy though.

haydenchristensenasanak.jpg

Christopher Lee - definitely. Although I'd imagine he wouldn't sign many.

Same with Stan Lee - definitely though.

Ian Holm & Christopher Lambert - not really interested.

I did vote earlier, but I would love to meet all of these, although I expect it might only be one or two of them at an event. (Keeps fingers crossed for LFCC!)

I think if you do get a big guest, and they are not signing personalisations (due to time constraints) then you should announce that when you announce the guest. That way people on the forum will know in advance, and it should be displayed promiently in the venue, and programme booklet. I know we would like to have our photos etc personalised, but it probably won't be possible.

It is really impressive that even the consideration of having Mr Stan Lee attend, nope scrub that it is utterly amazing! And very more impressively is the approximate price!

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here, probably more realistically the low price of £30 is most probably a signed image and maybe a premium will have to be considered to have his signature on some of his early Golden era work?

I know this poll and discussion is just to find out the general interest in the potential Guests and if we were prepared to pay, but I will assume for to get this great man's signature on some of my important archived collection would necessitate a premium and will if he attended adjust accordingly. I am thinking this must surely be the base rate and to have on any thing of importance signed will generate a premium. Sorry just thinking realistically considering the depth of volume this man has contributed to the comic industry.

Very very impressive and would attend even at this legend's merest hint of attending at any event!

I have chosen Stan Lee, Christopher Lee and Christopher Lambert, although everyone has a very reasonable base price. Sir Ian Holm is a tad overpriced in my opinion.

I just realised something, Christopher Lee turned 89 this year! This may be the last chance we'll ever get of meeting the legend, Dracula himself!!

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease make it happen!

I've told my friends about this and they are looking up flight schedules as we speak, in case one of these guests are announced.

Christopher Lambert!!!

I'd love to see this guy and buy autographs/photo ops even for 100 and I'm willing to bring 7 other of my friends who are big fans of Lambert.

There can be only one...Christopher Lambert