would you pay this amount to meet these people ?

showmasters

i would be happy to pay this price so i can meet this guest   

425 members have voted

1. 1. if there is the right amount of interest it could happen

• Stan Lee £30
    • Ian Holm £45
  2. 2. 2nd choice

• Hayden Christensen £55
    • Christopher Lee £55
  3. 3. 3ed choice

• Ewan McGregor £50
    • Christopher Lambert £35

Thinking about this again today, I suppose I might pay £50 for Ewan, if he was giving 50% to charity. I'd have thought that would be the main reason he'd do an event like this. Probably just get the one though.

Hayden simply hasn't does enough to warrant more than £25 IMO.

Ms Portman on the otherhand....

I would happily pay for all the potential Guests listed in the poll except the price for Ian Holm. I personally see the price at a few pounds less.

I know this is controversial but this is my opinion and would actually pay more for Mr Stan Lee.

I also think theres other deciding factors concerned with the pricing such as will there be exclusions as to the images some of these Guests will sign? Also the availability of personalisations etc.

Anyhoo to sum things up I see Ian Holm's pricing at £30 or less. But again I stress this is just my opinion and would not pay £35 for his signature.

I have chosen

Stan Lee @ £30 and agree this is an absolute bargain !

Christopher Lee @ £55 as long as one of the options was the ability to have a signature on a Dracula picture

Christopher Lambert @ £35 just because he is Conner Mac Cloud from the clan MacCloud!! LOL!!

:(:D

Stan Lee @ £30 and agree this is an absolute bargain !

Christopher Lee @ £55 as long as one of the options was the ability to have a signature on a Dracula picture

Christopher Lambert @ £35 just because he is Conner Mac Cloud from the clan MacCloud!! LOL!!

I didn't realise there was any controvesy with Christopher Lee signing specific pictures, but for what it is worth, I would only meet Mr Lee if I could get a picture of Dracula signed too. With that being said though, I am sure there a million and one Star Wars and Lord of the Rings fans that wouldn't be fussed :(

• Moderators

Yes, there's often been Dracula issues with Mr Lee. Which is a shame, but there's still plenty he can sign.

bill paxton and lance henriksen 50 pound no bother

That's not really answering the poll :( and Lance has already been at a far lower price so shhhh!

Edited by DavidB

I've never paid for someone's autograph in my life - when I were a lad (cue Dvorak's "New World" :D ) guests signed for free. This whole modern "autograph battery farm" scene is new to me, I only recently discovered it because I bought a Karen Gillan photo as a present for someone else.

Being old school as I am, the idea of paying someone to sign an autograph is sort of distasteful, but I've browsed the threads about last week's event and seen everyone having a good time and coming away happy so I guess a greater good can come from celeb's charging for signatures.

Anyway, the other day I was idly pondering the question of whether anyone would be a big enough draw to get me to attend an event and stump up for their sig on a picture. Eventually I came up with three people, and a fourth as a maybe. The three were George Lucas, Neil Armstrong, and Stan Lee. The fourth place "maybe" was Christopher Lee.

So, Stan Lee could be enough to stir this non-autograph hunter from his apathy. Maybe Christopher Lee too. BUT I would need to be sure of one thing first: a personalised signature.

I've read that popular guests sometimes will NOT personalise due to pressure of time. IMO, time would need to be effectively managed to allow for autographs to be personalised or I'm not interested. A couple of factors would seem important in achieving this. First of course is the price - paying a premium would reduce overall demand. Second, the number of autographs per person. How about one each? I''m sure that would be a horrifying prospect to anyone planning on bringing their entire DVD or comic collection to be signed! :(

But at its most fundamental, isn't an autograph ultimately a memento of meeting a person? And isn't that criteria fulfilled by a single personalised signature? Giving that to as many people as possible should be the guiding principle IMO. For those wanting a second signature, they could collect a "second chance" ticket after getting their first sig. Then they go through the queue again later, after the first timers have had their chance. If there's time.

I do appreciate that is not what people are used to, but after reading about attendees' varying experiences last weekend with Alex Kingston it would seem that the most in-demand guests do require a different approach.

I would definately be interested in meeting all of those guests at those prices. However whether I would buy more than one auto per person would depend on whether they were personalising or not as I prefer that. If they weren't I would still meet them all though and would definately be interested in a photo shoot with each of them. Just please don't get them all at once my bank balance couldn't take that!

Now I've got over the squee of the potential of Ewan, got to remember, it's not JUST Star Wars fans he appeals to, sure, I like Star Wars but I'm not a massive fan of it. Look at his filmography, Shallow Grave, Moulin Rouge!, Brassed Off..I could go on. What an amazing guest he would be, I've been a fan of his for a very very long time and happily pay that price twice over just to get a few moments with him!

Now HE would drag me to LFCC kicking and screaming.

I didn't vote but here's my thoughts:

Stan Lee £30 Probably not as I'm not a comics fan. £20 max on my X2 poster.

Ian Holm £45 Although I love Alien £45 is a bit steep so I'd pass. Plus he's in LOTR and thus so busy I'm sure it would only be a quick sig and then I'd be herded through. So £20 max.

Hayden Christensen £55 No interest.

Christopher Lee £55 No interest.

Ewan McGregor £50 I like The Island and Moulin Rouge! but not enough to meet him.

Christopher Lambert £35 No interest. And I'm surprised - I'd have thought he was a £20-er max.

I do appreciate that is not what people are used to, but after reading about attendees' varying experiences last weekend with Alex Kingston it would seem that the most in-demand guests do require a different approach.

Just a thought on the whole "non personalised" debate, why not have loads already presigned and then do the photoshoot at the same time? (obv for a bundle price or you could still pay for just a photo) you are still getting the same thing but quicker, as if the people that do not worry for personalistation this seems the perfect set up, you go in, have your pic done and go out with your autograph, then for the people that would like a more personal touch and cannot afford a picture and auto, and just the auto, they go later in the day?

Even I didn't make sense of that but seems perfect to me, but then my head is filled with smelly feet right now!

I'm going to have to agree and say that personalisation would be a condition of buying an autograph, especially in the case of Stan Lee. I know that I'd want at least 4, if not 5, autographs, but only 1 or 2 would be personalised/dedicated.

SM could always sell tickets for 'autographs with personalisations/dedications' prior to the event, limiting these to a realistic number per guest; first-come, first-serve basis.To make it fair for those who might not be able to afford such a ticket SM could have a lottery for a specific number of these tickets on the day (again, with a limited number of tickets).

Everyone else can use VQ 'autograph-only' tickets at the event. Look at it logically; people would be willing to pay, and it wouldn't exactly be too much effort to pull something like this ticketing system off; I'd volunteer to help

Problem solved! Now, how to achieve world peace ... hmmm ...

hard choice on the first one went with Ian Holm but would love to meet both

2nd and third choice were far easier Hayden as I have met Christopher on a couple of occassion and Ewan as I have no interest in Highlander

Second, the number of autographs per person. How about one each? I''m sure that would be a horrifying prospect to anyone planning on bringing their entire DVD or comic collection to be signed! :(

Half of those names on the list would draw a worldwide audience. Limit it to one per person you'd cut down the number of people prepared to travel half way across the world coming to see them.

£50 a time should buy you enough time for a dedication though.

30 seconds a signature would work out at £6000 an hour!

I just wanted to chip in and say that I have a friend who said she'd be coming with me if you managed to get Ewan as she absolutely adores him, too. (We're both obsessed with Moulin Rouge haha!) She's never been to one of your events before, so he'd definitely draw in new people.

Personally, I will only be paying for an autograph if it is personalised, that way I know that the actor/actress has signed it and not been passed in the back room by the tea boys. Plus, if you are paying £50 for an autograph then i think you have every right to spend a minute or two of their time, else its just a case of the actor only caring about the money and not their loyal fan base.

That said, I'm not really a Stan Lee fan so would only pay £25-£30, same as Ian Holm as I am a really big fan of John Hurt of the Alien movie. As for Christopher Lee, I've heard mixed reports about when people have met him saying that on some occasions he was really chatty yet on others he was a little off-putting; if you are charging £50 for an autograph you should be a little accomodating to your fans.

These are only my opinions though, if you atend an event like this you don't have to pay for any autographs or photo oportunities if you dont want to.

I just wanted to chip in and say that I have a friend who said she'd be coming with me if you managed to get Ewan as she absolutely adores him, too. (We're both obsessed with Moulin Rouge haha!) She's never been to one of your events before, so he'd definitely draw in new people.

You have taste :(

:D Amazing isnt he....

I already voted, but thought I would add that I would pay £50 for an autograph (might get two or three, and a photo-shoot) if Sigourney Weaver attended an event.

The Alien franchise is probably going to have a good year next year with the release of a new videogame (Colonial Marines) so could be a good opportunity to get guests from these movies to events...

Edited by Manbeast

You have taste :(

:D Amazing isnt he....

Well thank you, you too! ;)

Oh definitely, I love him <3

Been a fan for such a long time, never thought I'd get the chance of meeting him ;)