Organising Event Meet

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I entirely understand this. This is what I think is happening: You will all meet up in the morning at King's Cross Station, then will travel to LFCC as a group. Are you going to all be in a group at the convention itself? Then, when the convention ends, you will go to a chosen restaurant afterwards. Have I got this right?

Pretty much, until I get full numbers as to how many are going we may end up splitting into a few smaller groups, at the end of the day it helps out those who haven't gone before and people like me who prefer to go with people. And yes after the event we will end up going for a meal at a restaurant near by (one that was chosen by the majority) and I'll make sure everyone gets on or near their trains to get home :)

yeh on sat i will be going back and forth as i have about 8 photoshoots for that day so far.

but i will show face to make my self known just so u dont think who is that creepy dude watching us everytime he goes by :D

I am going with a few friends, and we will definitely meet up, as we are planning on getting there early :D However, I doubt we will be able to come for the meal, :thumbup:. Glad you are planning this meet up, they are always a great way to meet people!

• Showmasters Admin

One word of advice for organising this.

Don't under any circumstances book anything you could loss money on. The first 2 LFCCs at Earls Court I organised meeting in the evenings and each time I got 50-100 people saying on-line they'd come. But when it actually came to it, only about 20% turned up.

So just be aware of that and don't think, "O this is getting good, maybe I'll book somewhere!", because if you tell them it's for 100 and only 20 turn up they may ask YOU for money for the difference.

Have fun though and I hope it works out :D

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

just to give you all a heads up we maybe having a big party on sat night at the venue ?

we will know more after wednesday after we go over it with the venue .

this is going to be a big thing if all go's ahead on wednesday

so we will keep you up to date on all this soon

jason :D

hi all

just to give you all a heads up we maybe having a big party on sat night at the venue ?

jason :D

jason, are you trying to give me more work? lol

this is something I'd be interested in as it will be the first time I've attended LFCC if im able to come this time (as still not sure that I can make it right now) although I wouldn't be able to make the meal after as I'd have to get the train back

That is brilliant, it cuts out the meal afterwards (thus saving money) and means I potentially get an invite to an After Show Party :D YAY!!!

Yeh an after party would be cool.

But I would still like to eat first.

:-)

Dear Mr Showmasters Guy (Jason I Think)

Is there any news on the afterparty yet? As some of the guys in the group I'm organising (whom arent on the forum) are constantly asking me lols

Many Thanks for any info shed

Karl White

Rob - you may have missed this post from Jason earlier in this thread

hi all

jason :lol: