Big Brother is not something we will be having attend at our event

SM well done.............the bb people are only trying to label us like theyre house mates i.e. oddballs and freaks, but we are no more that than football fans wearing there favorite teams shirt etc.........we just wear our fave tv, comic ,anime heroes costumes......

good on you and thankyou for protecting us, and when the lfcc is here i would like to shake the hand of the team member who made the desicion not to let the bearbaters at us lot........

thankyou sm...........

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo! We love you SM!!! Im a cosplayer and I wont be cosplaying at the LFCC due to the events that transpired last month! My friends are outraged at this show for allowing Channel 5 and BB into the event x So we thank you SM!

Hi, forgive me for being stupid (I've made peace with it :P ) but exactly what happened? I love cosplay (perhaps a little too much) and I've never had a bad experience. Totally agree with the no-access for C5 or BB - perhaps a few 501st Stormtrooper squads could be martialled together to 'shake-down' attendees :blink:

Edited by the Architect

Channel 5 is trash, as is Big Brother and the kind of people who find Big Brother entertaining are for the most part - NOT ALL - but a lot of, the people who ridicule people like us/the fans who are into sci-fi. The number of times I've been referred to as a trekkie or a nerd and I get people saying "oh you watch Doctor Who don't you?" I don't, my area of greatest interest is Star Trek but people make all these assumptions.

As I said to people at work who were slating me for going to an event, the difference between me and you is, you're boring and sit at home watching people on the TV, I prefer to get off my backside and go and MEET the people who are on the TV, something that wouldn't be possible without Showmasters or such great events like Collectormania or LFACC.

Besides... how can a waste of space like Channel 5 call anyone sad when they run a highly interesting and entertaining I'm sure programme about a handful of people who have nothing better to do than spend umpteen weeks locked in a house whilst the nation watches them go about their eating, sleeping and pooping?!

Me too, I get called a nerd and I have also been laughed at when i showed a friend a dress I wanted to wear for a future con x So im afraid this year I wont be cosplaying in London and this is due to some narrow minded people that spoil it for everyone x I will only cosplay at small cons x I didnt got to this show but I couldnt go to more than one in London due to funds but Im so glad I didnt go now! My friends who were there had their pics taken without knowledge and called freaks and nuts x The daily star also said that eveyone dressed up just so they could be in with a chance at getting into BB x they are outraged at this x SM you are the bomb!!! Im so glad I chose to come to the LFCC instead now xxxx

I have had to edit your post again. Please stop mentioning non SM events as that is not allowed on this forum.

Thank you.

Personaly, I feel different on this subject. For the following reasons:-

1. People will be given the chance to be interviewed, if you don't want to be on the show, and don't want to risk the way they might be put across, no-one is forceing them. I don't see why BB couldn't have attended, as only people who WANTED to take part would.

2.I know many people are not fans of the show, but on the posstive side, if you did want to be on the show. You could win a lot of money, and become famous for it. It could be fantastic opportunity for someone, which you have now not given them.

3.Contestants are often seen in a bad light, on opening night, due to past interviews and videos. However, once in the house, viewers often change their mind about contestansts based on WHO THEY ARE ONCE INSIDE the house. Therefore, they could look foolish for a couple of days, but it soon passes.

4. I know of one ex-BB contestant who enjoyed these kinds of events, and he came out of it just fine. I assume he was pleased to be given the experience.

Having said this, it's your show, and it was your choice. And i assume they are doing open auditions , for anyone who did want the chance.I do respect your decision tho, as you do have your rep to uphold, and it seems like i am in the minority here- so you do seems to be sticking up for the majority of your customers.

ALSO, I love the people who cosplay - you are all bloody fantastic !!!!!

Edited by lovbug

Yes but it's not a Big Brother convention, I'm sure if attendees wanted to appear on BB they'd apply on their own. You go to a show for a great day out and to meet friends and the guests, not to be picked out for reality TV and if they are let in, who is to say you wouldn't be filmed whether you want to be or not? You may be able to refuse an interview but you can't necessarily escape the cameras and their intrusive nature and being famous and on TV is not everyone's cup of tea. Next thing it will be ex-house mates under guest suggestions. Keep the events as they are and keep BB well and truly out! And those who feel ridiculed for their cosplay efforts - I'd like to see those who are so ready to ridicule, be as creative and do something better, they ought to keep their opinion to themselves! Cosplayers make an event lively, fun and interesting, I wish I had the confidence to do it!

Woo hoo! We love you SM!!! Im a cosplayer and I wont be cosplaying at the LFCC due to the events that transpired last month! My friends and I are outraged at this show for allowing Channel 5 and BB into the event x So we thank you SM xxx

Woo hoo! We love you SM!!! Im a cosplayer and I wont be cosplaying at the LFCC due to the events that transpired last month! My friends are outraged at this show for allowing Channel 5 and BB into the event x So we thank you SM!

Hi, forgive me for being stupid (I've made peace with it :P ) but exactly what happened? I love cosplay (perhaps a little too much) and I've never had a bad experience. Totally agree with the no-access for C5 or BB - perhaps a few 501st Stormtrooper squads could be martialled together to 'shake-down' attendees :blink:

i cannot mention it as my posts keep getting edited x freedom of speech? yeah right LOL

There is no such thing as "Freedom Of Speech" anywhere. It's a myth. Nowhere let's you say anything, so just learn the rules. It's not hard. :-)

well in my world i say what i think and if people do not like it then tough!!!

There is no such thing as "Freedom Of Speech" anywhere. It's a myth. Nowhere let's you say anything, so just learn the rules. It's not hard. :-)

If we weren't on the Showmasters's forums, I'd have something quite aggressive to say to that. But as we are, I'll leave alone it in the spirit of peace and love. :-)

*starts to sing* I'd like to teach, the world to sing, and furnish it with love!

Edited by Stenun

If we weren't on the Showmasters's forums, I'd have something quite aggressive to say to that. But as we are, I'll leave alone it in the spirit of peace and love. :-)

*starts to sing* I'd like to teach, the world to sing, and furnish it with love!

ok i guess i have to agree with you x it just outrages me that my friends were treated this way x I will not be attending any event from them in the future!

Going back to the original topic I'm happy you said no Jason as I've been ridiculed all my life for being a geek/cosplayer etc and your right they probably would have done the same at this event. Also if they did come and ridicule myself or any other cosplayers I may end up getting a free ride in a police car lmao

Think I'm getting the general gist of how C5/BB have consistently rediculed cosplayers, and (with the exception of C5 airing 'Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars') they can all be fed to the Sarlacc.

I love the Nerdvana that is my collection of figures, dvds, autographs, etc., and so don't really mind being called a nerd by family and friends, but to have something that only vaguely resembles entertainment (and I use that word loosely in C5/BB case) slate people for having a good time is atrocious.

Good show SM (ooh, I sense a pun in there somewhere) for denying them access! :blink:

To the people that don't see the problem, would you like to be the guest, going to these events because you enjoy meeting your fans, to then hear this story and think that you may he associated with promoting an event with 'oddballs' and people that want attention and stuff like that? I think not!

Although attendees when they are inside the show, they should be safe from Big Brother and Channel 5, but outside the venue they may not be. They could still be approached by them. Also, not everyone who attends the show reads the messageboards, and if they are approached won't know what has happened.

To the people that don't see the problem, would you like to be the guest, going to these events because you enjoy meeting your fans, to then hear this story and think that you may he associated with promoting an event with 'oddballs' and people that want attention and stuff like that? I think not!

I have read the article, and i feel really bad for the people who feel slammed. Although from what i gathered, it was not an article written by C5 BB, it was written by a newspaper. That I am presumming interviewed these people, and the person photographed gave there permission? (After all, they are poseing).

I'm not sure i follow, how auditions for a show, is the same as a newspaper article NOT written by the show? In the past with C4 BB, interviews (even at the early stages) are not leaked to the press, as they always had the rule if a person is put in a paper/mag then they are excluded from the show.

Again, can I just say that I love cosplayers.

Although attendees when they are inside the show, they should be safe from Big Brother and Channel 5, but outside the venue they may not be. They could still be approached by them. Also, not everyone who attends the show reads the messageboards, and if they are approached won't know what has happened.

I think any one approached, and interviewed and asked for a posed photographed would be told why, i wouldn't worry about it.

And if people were to come and take genral photos outside of a venue, this could happen anytime and would not be C5 BB people. Its a risk we all take, every day of our lives. It's not illegal to take photos of people in public places.Although thats moving away from the point some what.

Still, like i said earilier. SM obviously went the majority , which is a good business plan. I just have a different point of view.

Edited by lovbug

Channel 5 is trash, as is Big Brother and the kind of people who find Big Brother entertaining are for the most part - NOT ALL - but a lot of, the people who ridicule people like us/the fans who are into sci-fi. The number of times I've been referred to as a trekkie or a nerd and I get people saying "oh you watch Doctor Who don't you?" I don't, my area of greatest interest is Star Trek but people make all these assumptions.

As I said to people at work who were slating me for going to an event, the difference between me and you is, you're boring and sit at home watching people on the TV, I prefer to get off my backside and go and MEET the people who are on the TV, something that wouldn't be possible without Showmasters or such great events like Collectormania or LFACC.

Besides... how can a waste of space like Channel 5 call anyone sad when they run a highly interesting and entertaining I'm sure programme about a handful of people who have nothing better to do than spend umpteen weeks locked in a house whilst the nation watches them go about their eating, sleeping and pooping?!

hey, theres nothing wrong with watching dr who! it is after all THE greatest sci fi tv show of all time,official........

I think it makes a difference on how this would be done. Interviews are noramlly held in a booth, and therefore people not wanting to be interviewed would not be filmed.

I do understand the SM events are a safe haven for fans, and i dont think any TV/PRESS should be allowed to destroy that for cosplayers. I certainly dont think anyone NOT wanting to be TV should be put on.

I am just assuming C5 will do it the same as C4 and only film inside a booth, and that the only reason they asked SM if they could film, would be to try and get a comic book/ film fan, which they probally decided they were looking for when planning contestants for the show.

I would never want anything to put off cosplayers, i didn't mean that.

I think it makes a difference on how this would be done. Interviews are noramlly held in a booth, and therefore people not wanting to be interviewed would not be filmed.

I do understand the SM events are a safe haven for fans, and i dont think any TV/PRESS should be allowed to destroy that for cosplayers. I certainly dont think anyone NOT wanting to be TV should be put on.

I am just assuming C5 will do it the same as C4 and only film inside a booth, and that the only reason they asked SM if they could film, would be to try and get a comic book/ film fan, which they probally decided they were looking for when planning contestants for the show.

I would never want anything to put off cosplayers, i didn't mean that.

they did not do this at another event last month x nothing was done in a booth and cosplayers were made a mockery of by the media and the press! I guess this is why SM has said no to them for the LFCC x this other event told cosplayers they would sign a consent form before the media or press used their pics or what they said x they lied x no consent forms were signed and if you look on facebook there has been a petition for people to join because of this outrage at this other event (not a showmasters one).

I have read the article, and i feel really bad for the people who feel slammed. Although from what i gathered, it was not an article written by C5 BB, it was written by a newspaper. That I am presumming interviewed these people, and the person photographed gave there permission? (After all, they are poseing).

Obviously the article wasn't written by BB people but I think from the sounds of Jason's original post, the emails that BB sent Showmasters sounded like they wanted to film at the show in order to present cosplayers/nerds in a similar fashion to the way the newspaper did. That's just how I read it. *shrug*

Also, people who plan to use the photo's for something in the media SHOULD ask people's permission but if someone were trying to be covert then they may not ask, and I know personally that unless the person gives me a release form and tells me they'll use it for something else then I won't ask. I'm happy to pose with anyone who comes up to me and asks. I'm not saying anyone from BB WOULD still try to get in and get pictures and quotes covertly but if they looked like every other fan-photographer then that's what I'd take them as. That may be why some people who were photographed (but not interviewed) at the other event "are posing", as if they didn't know their picture would be used for an article they are posing as they would for any fan. :cylon:

Edited by Vamp_Rouge

The number of times I've been referred to as a trekkie or a nerd

I get that being called a nerd might not be that nice but how is being called a trekkie a bad thing? It's simply the name for a Star Trek fan, so if you like Star Trek then you're a trekkie (as am I) :cylon: