Chatting to Guests

enrohm1963

I thought it might be fun to discuss and share some of the things you learned when chatting to guests. To kick off, here is the sort of thing I had in mind :

1. Charlotte Skeoch originally hails from Kilmarnock in Scotland.

2. Stuart Milligan spent two hours getting his Nixon face applied before filming - and it took an hour to remove it afterwards.

3. Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa are absolute gentlemen and so easy to talk to (sorry but just had to share one of my fulfilled ambitions !)

4. Stuart Milligan also shared that he might have played Anthony Head's brother in the Gold Blend adverts. Seems they have been on parallel career paths given their shared role in Jonathan Creek !

5. Jason Watkins revealed that thinking a lot of bad thoughts helped create the personification of evil that was Herrick in Being Human. (Did anyone else think he looked a little like Harry Hill with his glasses on ?)

6. Gary Mabbutt had a photo holding up the FA Cup on a day that he described as "a good day at the office"

7. Afshan Azad is sorry that the HP filming is over but noted she and other cast members keep in touch. Did anyone else think she was absolutely stunning ?

8. LeVar Burton was amazed when I told him my son and I had driven 6½ hours to be at MK17 and were leaving later on the Monday to drive home !

9. Patrick Murray commented he had seen a t-shirt like my Tiger-print in Bangkok. I've never been so cannot confirm or deny !

10. Anthony Head is about to film a comedy in the States which will be shown here.

There you go for starters. Please add as I am sure many gems of info were gleaned by the hundreds who attended.

:clap::wub::D

Edited by enrohm1963

Jason Watkin's wife makes jewlery

David Blue had a starfleet jumpsuit as a kid, but didnt draw on a Riker beard (despite it being his power!)

Robert Patrick likes cool goggles, as does Anthony Head.

Levar Burton likes the starfleet uniforms changing from polyester onesies to actual jackets as much as I do.

Alex Kingston would never write on Matt's face :wub: But will go between David and Matt :D

And as always, that they were all having a great time and loved meeting everyone :clap:

Elpidia Carrillo:

She was offered other Hollywood roles but turned them down cos she didnt wanna be stuck in that kinda genre. She said working on Salvador with Oliver Stone was "really special". She also turned down toy and video games companies for wanting to use her likeness etc. She had no idea Predator would be so big but still every now then meets people saying, "Oh you're the Predator girl!" It was her first con.

Alan Kennedy thought it was good that the mancs equalised against Barcelona on Saturday night because it encouraged Barcelona to attack more.

Jason McAteer saw John Aldridge on Sunday

The Campbell (I think) Clan wiped out a load of Robert Patrick's ancestors

1) Eli's shirt in Stargate Universe was the key to getting home and was a huge plot twist according to David Blue. He seemed adamant! Rather hilarious.

2) David Blue was a huge Stargate fan. Especially SG1 due to the great cast, though he loves the SGA cast too, SG1 steal the show.

3) Colin Baker is local

4) Alex Kingston said if River Song was a biscuit she would be a classy biscuit. Not a rich tea. Maybe a Penguin. Jaffa Cake sounded good as it's got an orange-y tint. But the best biscuit hasn't been invented yet. It's being made backwards. It's chocolate on the outside so it's even more backwards.

5) Alex Kingston refused to confirm if she's in the episode next week (Even though she is) "Have to wait and see"

6) Peter Davison is having trouble uploading the movies he directed for Gallifrey 1 due to copyright claims.

1. David Warner doesn't understand Tron (does anybody??) In fact he doesn't understand any of the sci-fi movies he's been in! I thought that was lovely :-) He was, however, disappointed not to have been asked to do Tron Legacy.

2. LeVar Burton is really proud of his movie Blizzard. He set out to make the ultimate Christmas movie and hopes that one day it'll become a staple of the Christmas schedule (it's a wonderful film if you haven't seen it).

3. Both Nicole DeBoer and Robert Patrick are aware how highly regarded their episode of The Outer Limits is, and looked forward to bumping into each other at the event.

Edited by spymaster

1. LeVar Burton does a mean Patrick Stewart impersonation.

2. Fredric Lehne's wife joined a Yoga club for the weekend instead of shopping at the MK Centre.

3. Fredric also gave his wife "a good sh*g" Sunday morning (his words, not mine) before he came to the Stadium. Had me and the crew member in stiches (if you were the crew member there on Sunday for that insight into his life, I assume you weren't expecting him to say that - I definitely wasn't?)

4. Robert Patrick and Robert Englund once got drunk at a house somewhere while shooting a movie but can't remember which movie or who's house it was.

5. The Phelps twin's don't like the A34.

6. Hugh Simon was not expecting to be in Series 9 of Spooks and has not had a call to be in Series 10. Fingers crossed though!!

7. Alex Kingston thinks this week's episode of Doctor Who (A Good Man Goes to War) is the best one yet but wouldn't say anything more. Half wanted to try and make her say "Spoilers" like Rose tries to make QV say "We are not amused".

3. Fredric also gave his wife "a good sh*g" Sunday morning (his words, not mine) before he came to the Stadium. Had me and the crew member in stiches (if you were the crew member there on Sunday for that insight into his life, I assume you weren't expecting him to say that - I definitely wasn't?)

:rolleyes::thumbup: Damn!

David Blue is working on a project with David Hewlett at the moment. Also, he doesn't think that alcohol hand gel really works.

Anthony Head thinks Band Candy and Once more with feeling are 2 of the best Buffy episodes.

surprisingly for me I briefly chatted (very briefly) with alex, nicole, chase and peter shilton. but I can barely remember what about lol, I tend to freeze a bit in front of stars, and women and it all becomes a bit of a blur

though most commented on my height in the shoots.

I remember Alex commenting on my van Gogh poster and how much she liked the image and what she thought when she first saw it on set, chase on how many photos I was having with her and she also called me sweet and peter about italia 90.

Edited by timelord81r

Interesting thread.

David Blue gave me some big hints about what was planned for Stargate Universe if it hadn't been cancelled, in particular what was due to happen after the current final episode but didn't want to say too much as there were people in the queue who hadn't seen the final episode yet. Very disappointed it was cancelled and what he told me just makes it even sadder.

LeVar Burton thought there were enough good ideas for at least one and maybe two further seasons of TNG and had some things he would have liked to have explored before it ended but loved doing the films anyway.

Gates McFadden confirmed a story I'd read that she was told she could read for any part in TNG and she picked the one with the funniest scene, the episode being The Naked Now. Turned out to be one of the most serious characters on the show but she loved it anyway.

Robert Englund said he thoroughly enjoyed the episode of Bones he was in and working with everone on it and would love to be asked back. Also we had quite a discussion about why he thought the recent V remake (and indeed the Sarah Connor Chronicles) had been cancelled so early on. Very interesting.

Tony Head told me one of the photos I'd picked was taken in a field near Litchfield and that he really liked the one of him and SMG I had that I got at CM4 and which I've wanted to get signed for ages. I wanted to ask him something else but it was near the end of the day and they were trying to get the last few people through so didn't really have time.

Have to say not one single person made me feel rushed and everyone seemed to take time to exchange at least a few words, and some quite extensive discussions too. Brilliant.

3. Both Nicole DeBoer and Robert Patrick are aware how highly regarded their episode of The Outer Limits is, and looked forward to bumping into each other at the event.

Ha ha Nicole said that Robert was a good kisser...

She also said the the Trill spots in DS9 were painted on everyday and were a mix of two colours brown and orange and that the make up guy also signed it and numbered them everyday near the end of the spots. One time near halloween he painted a pumpkin at the end of the spots and she had been trill painted 99 times!

Apparently Rene Auberjonious was happy when she joined the cast as she had a lot of back story to film and it meant he got paid for his time off playing golf!

She also sucks at maths.

Gates face lit up when I said the ballroom scene in Labyrinth was my favourite and said that Jim Henson had seen her work about movement with actors and asker to to choreograph and be a movement director on Labyrinth.

Federick Lehane has dodgey knees and after finding out about Losts flash forwards, sideways etc was always waiting for a call to go back.

Jason Watkins's first girlfriend has the same name as mine.

Fredric Lehne thinks the Supernatural guys are a great bunch (but I guess he would say that - wish I'd been more original there).

It was thanks to Robert Englund that a) I know V's been cancelled and poor Marc [singer] had been waiting all season for his moment to begin, and b ) I had a great Willie photo from the desk for him to sign as he'd brought them himself! And he thought I had pretty hair. [/preen]

Er, that's it. Everyone I met were very pleasant, but I'm lousy at making conversation with guests at the best of times. :thumbup: Robert was definitely the easiest person with whom to chat on that score!

Robert Englund told me a story about a young girl who went to the toliet in the middle of the night, and saw her parents watching NOES , at the part where he bashes a girls head in.

Obviously, she was very distressed, so Robert and Wes Craven arranged for her to go to a film set, and watch people get the monster make-up on, and good news she was cured.

What a lovely careing guy !

Also, maybe everyone else knows this but the descent was supposed to be set i America, and not Derbyshire, as I believed it to be.

Edited by lovbug

Robert Patrick, asked him how he felt bout beating Arnie up, thinking he's won only for Arnie to cheat with a his backup system- "I could knock Arnie out then, and i could do so now".

Tony Currie(ex-sheff utd)- thinks danny wilson will be successful with Blades despite having played and managed Sheff Weds. Feels it harsh and daft to sack Micky Adams as what was he supposed do with other managers players.

John Wark- agrees (lol-d) that todays footballers need either grow a proper tash or not bother at all.

Chase Masterson managed to make her think that i was insulting her at first whilst in actual fact just trying say how much better she looked than a frozen block on saturday before ending up buying her cd which she then signed. Alos bout her film which she produced, Yesterday was a Lie, did well in the US and hopes it will come out over here.

Good chat with Shauna McDonald and Darren Morfitt bout Neil Marshall and how they think he's brilliant and open to ideas from cast and crew. Anyone else think Morfitt could pass for John Simm?

Edited by madmilburn

Hmmm what did I learn..........

..........I learnt that I now want to make Dean Lennox Kelly the new Kenny Baker and have him at every single event, the guy is crazy and hilarious all in a very good way!!!! :D

Frank Worthington could have been signed to play for Liverpool. Bill Shankley offered a record fee at the time but his blood pressure was high at the medical. Leicester City then came in for him. He says he got 12 England caps but with Liverpool it could have been 80 ! Liverpool instead signed John Toshack and the rest is history.

Also when he asked where we had travelled from, he told us he had just come down from Edinburgh after seeing one of his friends - Pat McGlynn of the Bay City Rollers. Pat had a recording studio in his house and had Frank doing the "Elvis" bit as he put it.

Edited by enrohm1963