Doctor Who Cosplay Photo Shoot... Were YOU involved?

Hey all,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came along to the MASSIVE Doctor Who Cosplay photo shoot on the Sunday, and also thanks to everyone who took photo's. At one point when we did the 'everyone in' group photo's I felt as if I was standing in front of a wall of photographers! We started off by the Weeping Angel at Gate 4 and then proceeded to take over the lobby and stairs in the DoubleTree Hotel. God bless the hotel staff, they must have thought they were being invading by mad people - and the TARDIS. When I put the word out that I wanted to get as many cosplayers together as possible for a few photo's I had NO IDEA that so many brilliant people would turn up!

There must be a good hundred pictures floating about of various stages of the shoot, and if you were involved and want to be tagged (Probably about 50 odd times... ) please let me know who you are, and who you cosplayed! Also, a description of your costume would be awesome, after all, we had about 8 'Ten's' and at least 6 'Eleven's' LOL! Luckily for me, I was the only Donna Noble!

I will have some video footage from both the walkway and the hotel stairs of the gathering masses - my son was the Matt Smith with the Black Stetson. I have not had time to process as we only got home at 10.30pm last night. Will update this message later tonight with some footage / photos.

That would be my daughter Kirstin (Cleopatra River Song) and I (Mummy Jedi Chef) who put the word out to meet at 4pm. I did the Allonsy, Geronimo and Jelly Baby etc and thanked everyone for coming. It was amazing to see so many Dr Who cosplayers/costumes in one place. I hope we can arrange something for LFCC as well.

LFCC may be difficult, seeing as there is really only the large space in the middle that we could use... I like the MK shoots as the stairs are a good place to organise everyone. But that doesn't mean I'm not up for doing it! It was fantastic to see so many people of all ages who put in the time and effort with their costumes.

I have LOADS of the pics on my Facebook, so if you want to add me, I'm Natalie Vanstone, and my profile pic is currently me as Donna with my friend as Ten!

Iwas checking out of hotel as you were doing your photo shoot on the stairs it was an amazing sight. being a old whovian from the 80's & 90's. it just felt amazing seeing you all there and the effort you had all made in the costumes.I was wearing a star trek uniform as we were raising money for Mcmillan cancer over the weekend,but it made me want to hunt out my old multi-coloured scarf and moth eaten stick of celery again Good times

Edited by steve88