The Chase Masterson Appreciation Thread

Kinggodzillak

Chase was a guest I'd been dying to meet again ever since Collectormania London 2009. I'd met her then but just very briefly for an auto, cos I'd just missed the photoshoot earlier in the day and didn't get to see the talk she did with George Takei and Rene Auberjonois cos I was only there on the Saturday, but I'd heard a lot about what a lovely person she was and while I didn't come away from that show with any other impression I was also left wishing that I'd planned my day better and had a bit more time for the shoot and the talk, or that I'd actually made an effort to speak to her beyond a simple 'can I have your auto kthxbai' like I usually do.

And yes, I'm aware that was a very long sentence.

So, yes, was really excited to see her announced again and was determined to make more of an effort with her this time, but of course by the time Saturday rolled around I was full of the usual pre-con nerves/jitters, and as always very aware that whichever guest I went to meet first I'd probably make a complete fool of myself with. Decided to start with Chase, and...well, she was just lovely. Very friendly, very chatty, really helped me overcome the nerves thing, and then whenever I passed her table(s) later in the day she was still being just as nice to everyone else as she had been to me.

And no, I didn't make an idiot of myself! Well, I hope I didn't anyway...

Went back to see her again at the end of the day, because after my last con I realised that it's much nicer to end your day with meeting a great guest for one last time rather than just saying "Yeah, I've probably done all there is to do here, may as well go now." If you're lucky you get to go out on a high, which was what happened with me when I asked Chase to sign my photoshoot photo. Without getting into too much more detail, as someone who has huge self-image/self-esteem issues hearing someone as lovely as her saying the things she said meant so much to me, and I spent that whole bus journey back to the station with just the silliest grin on my face.

So thank you Showmasters for getting Chase back, and thank you Chase for...well, for being so utterly warm and genuine. Really really appreciate it.

she is great isnt she and so friendly and nice to her fans, she tries to talk to everyone and asks there names, great woman and guest, gorgeous also :( . in my photo shoot with her today she said hi again ect and then said how many of these things have you had? lol, I had a shoot with her on sat, desk pic on sunday and a shoot on monday ;-)

I first met her at CML in 09, only my second event, I had also been dying to meet her again, In my photo shoot back then she started chatting to me about my height and stuff as i left the studio, I almost tripped over the lighting cable, I was tongue tied,

also gotta give respect to a woman who dresses as nicely as she does despite the weather, :(

please bring chase back soon!

I was gutted I couldn't back today (Monday) to see her. I was there on Sunday and planned to come back today to get her and Nicole to sign my DS9 poster but couldn't make it.

Herself and Nicole didn't seem that busy on Sunday and seemed to chatting between themselves most of the time when I saw them - were they busy?

I always feel bad when a guest is there but there are no fans at their desks.

Hopefully, Chase (and Nicole) will be invited back again in the future.

I saw about 15 guests and Chase was easily the best and most memorable.

I asked if I could have a photo with her and she came bounding round the table and hugged me and told me to hug her!! (she didn't have to say it twice!) while the assistant rolled off about 3 pics of us hugging on my camera.

Lovely guest. :unsure:;):WINCE:;)

I should have asked for a hug. I never had a hug from a guest. A couple of kisses, but never a hug.

Y'know, I think the stadium is a pretty good location in terms of actually being able to get closer to the guests. It's not like the other shows where they're all lined up against the wall, there's always a bit more room to move here. But seeing poor old Chase freezing right next to the door just makes me wish the weather didn't keep letting us down...