so how early are peeps planning on arriving saturday?

I'm getting there latest 7am. That's 2 hours before the doors opening. I waited over an hour yesterday for Alex no problems so as long as I have music with me or something I should be fine. I am more than happy for no personalisations if it means more people get through, John Barrowman was the first guest I ever met at an event and I am sure it was only because of the no personalisations restriction that meant I got an autograph with him, otherwise I would have gone home empty handed.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually queue at about 8/8:30. Thats even for bigger guests.

But, I can see Karen's queue (especially as she's one day only) being MENTAL so I'd rather get there earlier and not risk dissapointment/being rushed through later on.

And yes, kind of hoping what happened with Alex does/dosnt happen with her. Alex personalised first, then stopped. I missed out on it being personalised (although I am still VERY happy) so I wanted to get to Karen early on hoping she'll be personalising at first (heres hoping, I'll understand 100% if she isnt from the start with the amount of people coming for her)

Just adds the extra little touch if she is :) PLUS, means I can dump the stuff I'm getting her to sign early on and not have to carry it around all day :unsure:

i was just wondering how early the first people get to earls court?

do earls court get grumpy if your there before a certain time?

thanks xx

im there friday preview night so i shall be up very early on saturday and head to the con x

Edited by guardianz

I never like to be the only one queueing (though its never happened yet)

If I catch a 5:30 train all the way to the event then I should get there for about 6:15-6:30, I'm not seeing any Dr Who guests but I hate being way back in a really long queue

Edit - Just checked and there are some closures on the District line, which means just taking another train or two to avoid the part that's close, but that won't delay my journey much at all.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews/plann...ar/default.aspx

:unsure:

LLAP :P

Edited by zebredy

Edit - Just checked and there are some closures on the District line, which means just taking another train or two to avoid the part that's close, but that won't delay my journey much at all.

Yes, the escalators will be "being worked on", so though I'm staying for the weekend, I only have to come from Victoria on Friday and back Sunday to get my coach home, so I may end up just calling a taxi or fetch a bus to avoid the Tube completely. Not sure yet, I'll wait till I get into London, lol! :P

I'm not going to be meeting Karen Gillan, and as I met Christopher Lloyd last time I'm not gonna stress if I can't meet him again, so unless another generally very popular guest that I do want to meet gets listed, I dont think I'm gonna need to dash in to get a low VQ. Plus I'll be there all weekend and try to spread the guests out as best I can over the weekend, so I think I'm gonna do my usual and turn up for 0830. I don't fancy queuing for hours.

I'm not going to be meeting Karen Gillan, and as I met Christopher Lloyd last time I'm not gonna stress if I can't meet him again, so unless another generally very popular guest that I do want to meet gets listed, I dont think I'm gonna need to dash in to get a low VQ. Plus I'll be there all weekend and try to spread the guests out as best I can over the weekend, so I think I'm gonna do my usual and turn up for 0830. I don't fancy queuing for hours.

Same but I'm getting there for 8 lol

Yes, the escalators will be "being worked on", so though I'm staying for the weekend, I only have to come from Victoria on Friday and back Sunday to get my coach home, so I may end up just calling a taxi or fetch a bus to avoid the Tube completely. Not sure yet, I'll wait till I get into London, lol! :D

same here. we are coming by bus from birmingham on the friday and leaving sunday night (victoria coach station) and where we are staying is walking distance tot he LFCC all weekend x so we may do the same now x thanks for the info tina x

Yes, the escalators will be "being worked on", so though I'm staying for the weekend, I only have to come from Victoria on Friday and back Sunday to get my coach home, so I may end up just calling a taxi or fetch a bus to avoid the Tube completely. Not sure yet, I'll wait till I get into London, lol! :borg:

same here. we are coming by bus from birmingham on the friday and leaving sunday night (victoria coach station) and where we are staying is walking distance tot he LFCC all weekend x so we may do the same now x thanks for the info tina x

You're welcome. It says on the TFL site that some people may be asked to wait outside the station to go through and down to the escalators, so I'm thinking about avoiding the Tube completely. :D

Still, the whole point of being dedicated and queueing is that you get what you're queueing for. But anyway, I wasn't at CM this weekend, so can't pass comment on Alex's queue, and I will hopefully be there early enough on Saturday morning to get a low VT for Karen. Here's to hoping :D

I remember someone complaining back in 2009 before CM15 took place about people standing in queue very early. Apparently, for some reason, that would make other people who weren't planning on going to the event stand in line too and therefore making it bigger, which was a pain for those attending who don't wish to stand in line for long. Make sense? No, didn't make sense then either. I was there to (only) meet Leonard Nimoy and wasn't about to hop on a plane only to miss out on him, so I queued as early as I could that year, did the same the following year when I came over to meet William Shatner and will do the same this year.

If the weather is dry - around 8-8.30-ish. If it is raining - just before 9.

I HATE queueing, but at the same time I consider it part of the game. So even though I rarely spend the time engaging in conversation with those around me, then I still like the anticipation of waiting to get in.

Too early. Not 100% sure what time we intend to get there, I think we'll just play it by ear as to when we're up, I'm staying with a friend who lives about half an hour away from the venue, so it depends how early I can be dragged out of bed...We have early bird tickets, though, and will hopefully arrive in good time. ^.^

Realistically, around 0630, in my own private fantasy world I'd just take a sleeping bag to Preview Night :uhoh:

i like the sleeping bag idea :D

i'm now aiming for 6 ish as just booked youth hostel bed!!!

So its my first time going to this event and I'm going on my own and was wondering if anyone would be so kind to meet up with me to guide me on my way :)

hey where are you coming from and what time you arriving? :D