MUST HAVE GUESTS - AUTOGRAPHICA 17

BatmanForever

Ok so I've seen the line up in the past and there really have been some amazing guests, I really think these guests would be awesome and would attract so so many people, Val Kilmer and Bruce Campbell I think it would be awesome!

According to Bruce's official website he doesn't have any similar upcoming events so it'd be a good idea to get him in now!

Val Kilmer appeared at Autographica before so there's no reason why he wouldn't again and it'd be awesome to get him there now that the shows grown even more!

Show your support for these guys!

I don't see Kilmer at another SM event anytime soon. From what I'm told when he did Autographica he turned up with a pile of pre signed photos and just added the personalisations at the table. He's also cancelled/not turned up for several shows since then.

I'm not too sure about Bruce Campbell but from what I've heard of his films he'd probably be more suited to a LFACC/CM style event.

val was at an autographica? strange his first would be an autographica? would of thought that was a massive name for a LFCC, all were before my time, I cant remember, did he walk out of a LFCC?

Id love to meet val, he has been in some of my fav movies, and I think his doc holiday in tombstone is one of the best performances ive ever seen, scandalous he didnt even get oscar or bafta nominations

I think he did Autographica either just before or just after Showmasters got involved with it (I think it was just before). They had a show with him and John Mills attending. Unfortunately I had just had an operation on my rear end so I couldn't go which I still curse to this day (not so much Kilmer but I would have loved to have met John Mills).

I think Kilmer was supposed to do a full day at Autographica but ended up only coming for a couple of hours with his pre signed photos. From memory he was then announced for a few CM/LFACC type shows but cancelled each one. Then finally there was a LFACC which he didn't cancel but he never showed up for it (there was a signing table set up for him, a headboard in place and a crew member giving out VTs in fact everything but the man himself!). The story that went round was that he had decided not to come because there was a stalker at the show and he was worried for his safety.

I don't recall anyone mentioning seeing anyone behaving like a stalker at the show! To my knowledge he has not been announced for a SM event ever since

Those are the events as I remember but someone may know better than me.

Wow that's interesting, a stalker at the show? still the pre-signed photos also seems a bit weird? Maybe he had some reason?

Anyway it would still be cool to see if he would do it, apparently last time he was at Autographica the profits went to a local charity, which is always nice.

I'd love it if Bruce Campbell could be there, yes he could be one for LFCC but he's done a lot of good Movies including the Evil Dead series such as Maniac Cop etc. so he'd be interesting for Autographica.

I'll post the idea of these 2 in the LFCC forum.

Thanks for the comments

Back on topic. I thought I read somewhere that Val Kilmer did have a stalker in the UK, whom he knew by name as Steve Cleary. So, maybe there was some truth in his concerns?

I met Val when he attended Autographica, it was in Coventry, and was pre SM involvement. He did have pre-signed items, but he said that was due to his schedule meaning he couldnt stay for very long. He did have blanks that he started off signing and dedicating, and he had limited edition batman art ptints. Which he signed in pencil. Val was a late guest addition if my memory serves me right. He was happy to have a laugh etc, but came with several 'staff' who flanked him all the time. He then left rather suddenly. I dont think he was impressed that Sir John had such a big queue by comparison, and he made it clear he did not like the position he was given (he was a bit hidden down a walkway in a room on his own). Rather a Mickey Rooney approach, he huffed and left. His signing table was still set up ages after as the organisers were saying they didnt know if he was coming back or not, he didn't.

Back on topic. I thought I read somewhere that Val Kilmer did have a stalker in the UK, whom he knew by name as Steve Cleary. So, maybe there was some truth in his concerns?

Here's the story from that time

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....st&p=807470

confirmation from QS that SM then said they wouldn't work with him again

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....st&p=829627

and a more recent post suggesting that things may have mellowed.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....t&p=1639370

So, never say never, but I wouldn't be holding my breath...