What autos/dedications did you get?

Kinggodzillak

I was so unbelievably nervous going up to Robert Englund, this was only my third convention and only my second ever Autograph, but he was great. I got a 1987 copy of Fangoria signed with 'To Will, Freddy K, Robert Englund.'

I managed a thank you and shook his hand but shyness well and truly got the better of me, I envy those of you that manage to have a quick natter with the guests.

Edited by WillCarter

David Blue wrote "next time will you see some theatre with me?" after we'd been chatting about the London theatre (he'd asked for recommendations on what to see on fb before he came over). My answer was "hell yeah" lol.

I was so unbelievably nervous going up to Robert Englund, this was only my third convention and only my second ever Autograph, but he was great. I got a 1987 copy of Fangoria signed with 'To Will, Freddy K, Robert Englund.'

I managed a thank you and shook his hand but shyness well and truly got the better of me, I envy those of you that manage to have a quick natter with the guests.

Hey don't worry, I was like that when I first went to one of these (CM4 back in 2003).

I find a little bit of pre-planning works wonders. Think about who you want to meet and then think is there something about a particular show/film you want to ask them about? Something about them? Doesn't have to be much to kickstart a conversation.

I don't always know a great deal about some of the guests and do a bit of research before turning up. For example, I read a quote about how Gates McFadden got her role in Star Trek. It was quite amusing and so I asked her if it was true and that got a nice little conversation going.

With David Blue, it was easy as it was all about Stargate Universe being cancelled and the last episode.

First person I met at CM4 was George Takai and I'd read his autobiography a while before and had a fascinating conversation about some of his experiences as a child during WWII and the way the Japanese in the US at the time had been treated. It was something I'd never heard about and he seemed so appreciative that I'd learned something from what he'd written. Lovely man.

Sometimes just pick up on what's going on. When the last football World Cup was on, Joe Flanigan (Stargate Atlantis) was one of the guests and was wearing an England fleece against the cold. I totally forgot what I meant to ask and ended up asking him about that and talking about football (soccer) amongst other things which was cool.

So a bit of advanced thought and it's really not so hard. Some guests will initiate the conversation but if you can come up with something a little bit different it won't do any harm at all at piquing their interest and getting a chat going, if there's time of course. Sometimes there's just no time though, judge by how quickly the people in front of you are being pushed through.

It'll come and hopefully enhance your experience in the future.

Hey don't worry, I was like that when I first went to one of these (CM4 back in 2003).

I find a little bit of pre-planning works wonders. Think about who you want to meet and then think is there something about a particular show/film you want to ask them about? Something about them? Doesn't have to be much to kickstart a conversation.

I don't always know a great deal about some of the guests and do a bit of research before turning up. For example, I read a quote about how Gates McFadden got her role in Star Trek. It was quite amusing and so I asked her if it was true and that got a nice little conversation going.

With David Blue, it was easy as it was all about Stargate Universe being cancelled and the last episode.

First person I met at CM4 was George Takai and I'd read his autobiography a while before and had a fascinating conversation about some of his experiences as a child during WWII and the way the Japanese in the US at the time had been treated. It was something I'd never heard about and he seemed so appreciative that I'd learned something from what he'd written. Lovely man.

Sometimes just pick up on what's going on. When the last football World Cup was on, Joe Flanigan (Stargate Atlantis) was one of the guests and was wearing an England fleece against the cold. I totally forgot what I meant to ask and ended up asking him about that and talking about football (soccer) amongst other things which was cool.

So a bit of advanced thought and it's really not so hard. Some guests will initiate the conversation but if you can come up with something a little bit different it won't do any harm at all at piquing their interest and getting a chat going, if there's time of course. Sometimes there's just no time though, judge by how quickly the people in front of you are being pushed through.

It'll come and hopefully enhance your experience in the future.

Aww thank you so much for that, that's definitely something I'll have to think of in the future. I was annoyed with myself because I'd seen him chatting with others in front, so I knew he was willing to. I think he may have even given someone his email address because the guy wanted to send him something. Still, it's something to try and remember for next time.

My fascination is mainly based around Horror actors, so I tend to wander round and not have a clue who many of the people are, such as the Star Trek actors etc. (I'm probably very much in the minority there) But it's still kind of cool to see how they react and interact with fans and see some of the things fans get autographed and dedicated to them. To be honest just the whole atmosphere of a group of people being in their absolute element is great, can't wait for my next one.

Aww thank you so much for that, that's definitely something I'll have to think of in the future. I was annoyed with myself because I'd seen him chatting with others in front, so I knew he was willing to. I think he may have even given someone his email address because the guy wanted to send him something. Still, it's something to try and remember for next time.

My fascination is mainly based around Horror actors, so I tend to wander round and not have a clue who many of the people are, such as the Star Trek actors etc. (I'm probably very much in the minority there) But it's still kind of cool to see how they react and interact with fans and see some of the things fans get autographed and dedicated to them. To be honest just the whole atmosphere of a group of people being in their absolute element is great, can't wait for my next one.

No problem at all. Look, I turned 44 on saturday and still enjoy going to these things. Though all my friends thing I'm a bit weird about it. I'm also not the most outgoing person, I'm not one for just talking to anyone in a queue for example, but having been stuck a few times myself in the early days I learned to just to do some research. Works wonders.

To be honest I don't know who a lot of the people are either but treat the guest well, act friendly and you'll generally get the same back. They are still people after all and although they're actors, it doesn't mean they're all larger than life outgoing people either.

I'm not a big horror fan but Robert Englund is a legend and I had to meet him. He told me I'd picked a promo picture from V which was a nice b&w portrait and it got us talking about that and the recent remake that's been cancelled and why he felt it had been cancelled. I also like Bones which he was in an episode of and that set him off talking about the other actors and what he liked about them etc and how he hoped they'd invite him back sometime. So you see, sometimes a small thing starts a great conversation.

I have found over the years from being on here that some of the people who have issues or a bad experience either didn't understand how things work or went with a bit of an attitude themselves.

Everyone I've met has been almost without question been great and if you have something interesting to ask or say, they'll be appreciative and happy to engage with you.

Edited by sugar_mouse

He told me I'd picked a promo picture from V which was a nice b&w portrait and it got us talking about that and the recent remake that's been cancelled and why he felt it had been cancelled.

Nooo, I didn't know it had been cancelled :unsure:

Sci-fi seems to be dying :WINCE:

David Blue, for at least the time I was in his queue/meeting him, seemed to be wanting to think up something different for each person.

As I was in starfleet uniform and he said he had one as a kid (no Riker beard though :WINCE: ): "To Rob, just one spin in the holodeck...PLEASE!?"

Hehe was awesome.

Others were the usual 'hi' or 'peace' or 'all my best' :unsure:

It seems David Blue liked the bizarre quotes, I got a "To Infinity and Beyond" like someone else previously posted.

As I was in Alex's queue quite early I was lucky to get a "Hello Sweetie" and "Spoilers!" on my two pictures.

Robert Patrick put "The T-1000"

"Willie" from Robert Englund (V fans!)

A heart from Chase Masterson :WINCE:

"Sontar - ha" from Christopher Ryan

:unsure:

I asked for quotes on my First contact print:

Gates: "So much for the Enterprize-E" (Yes, she spelt it wrong!!)

LeVar: "Leak? I'm not detecting any leak..." (And he loooved my print :unsure: )

woohoo, leg is now tattooed!! robert englund is on my leg forever and it looks AWESOME!! will post a pic when ive got the blood off LOL

I'm so glad you had such a great experience with Robert!! The bloke is just amazing isn't he, sometimes when people meet stars they have been looking forward to for ages it can be abit of a dissapointment if they aren't how you imagined they'd be.. But WOAH not with Robert, an absolute legend!!

Also, I saw your fbook site and can I just say WOW!!! I want a Zelda cake :clap:

Literally a last minute decision to get this signed along with my Supernatural Poster.. (I was actually at the cash desk!!) Needless to say, I am VERY happy!!!

(sorry if it's huge, uploading off the iPhone app)

a110a738.jpg

:D

LORI!

I got one too! I bought his book and he put "Sleep Killz" on it. We had a good chat in the bar later about how hard it was for him to find a voice for the book.

Edited by Sabreyeager

Nick Moran - All The Best

Helen Atkinson Wood - Happiness

Dean Lennox Kelly - All The Hairy Chest (W.Shakespeare)

Alex Kingston - Hello Sweetie! and Spoilers!

Robert Patrick - All My Best The T-1000

John Challis - Good Luck

Gary Mabbutt - Best 'Spurs' Wishes

John Parrott - Cheers!

Everyone else either Best Wishes or a simple To Martin

dean lennox kelly (dr who pic) loads of love pet

dean lennox kelly (being human) all the hairy chest

levar burton peace

darren morfitt (dog soldiers)wicked to meet you, tons of love and best wishes

darren morfitt (dr who)lots and lots of love and respect

jason watkins with best wishes

I'm so glad you had such a great experience with Robert!! The bloke is just amazing isn't he, sometimes when people meet stars they have been looking forward to for ages it can be abit of a dissapointment if they aren't how you imagined they'd be.. But WOAH not with Robert, an absolute legend!!

Also, I saw your fbook site and can I just say WOW!!! I want a Zelda cake :o

awww yeah he is totally amazing! yeah i know just what you mean about the disappointment thing....but he did the total opposite, i love him even more!

and thanks very much for the comment about my site, im glad you got a peek before the links were taken off! ha ha

heres my tattoo......chuffed with it :)

251716_10150196560208323_509248322_7043317_6222774_n.jpg

On a picture of the 1960 Monaco Grand Prix;

“Louts’s first win! Stirling Mossâ€

I was nervous about asking for an inscription, but after telling him what the image was we had a quick chat about the Monaco Grand Prix. Very, very cool.