Lets hear your Experience.

KingRichard76

Disappointed with one of the guests I met today. I won't name them but they didn't even look up at me when signing, let alone say hello. I understand they were busy but they could at least have said "hi" and maybe given me a smile - even if utterly false. That would still have been far, far better than being ignored.

But as for the first guest I mentioned ... I might actually sell the photo. *shrugs*

It wouldnt be anyone with the initials AK by any chance would it??

I dont think this really has anything to do with the guest, she was very friendly 'early in the day' and was kind enough to write a personal message on the back of a signed photo I was getting for a friend in the USA, congratulating her on her graduation.

Unfortunately, (and we all know the reason for this is so that everyone has a chance at getting an auto) the 'showmasters machine' was in full flight after a couple of hours, with photos/stuff being placed in front of her every 2 or 3 seconds, so i dont think she had much choice at that stage.

Like i said - we all know why this has to be done at times. I fully expect this will be case with Karen Gillan at London, due to hiugh demand and short time available.

The guest is too "busy" to do personalisations or even look at who they are signing for, then maybe having them is not a good idea, that being the case, if someone pays twice for autos on one pic/photo they can have a personalisation then? As I would do that if that is what it takes to get a "To whoever". Alex Kingston did look up, smile and say Hello to Kirstin so she was over the moon. I was quite happy with the experience, it was just a little niggle.

Went down Sunday, arrived around 9:50 and joined the Alex Kingston entrance Q, ended up with VT of 390, so knew I had a long wait. Luckily came down with friends (Who were also the reason we arrived at 9:50 instead of the arranged time of 9:15, sometimes they're a nightmare to get going in the morning) so we could divide and conquer getting VTs, so by 11 had everything else I needed signing done bar Alex's autograph and the photo shoots.

Photo shoots went well, had some lunch and waited for Alex Q to reach 400.

Finally got autographs around 2:30, watched the first half of the football match (Does anyone know who won) whilst waiting for photos to come back.

Picked up photos (Remembered to look at camera, chin up, stomach in and smile)

Left around 4PM, got back around 6:15, pub meal then home to bed.

That was my day.

Good bits

Good show, good range of guest and as always well attended and colourful.

Meeting my friend Adi and his new(ish) partner and her kids. (Hi guys if you're reading this)

The good organisation and control of the photo-shoot Q's.

The hard work of the SM guys and the volunteers. (As always)

Seeing Chase again, she was one of the first people I ever met. (Although she did look a little different back then.)

Bad bits.

The wind (as always).

I pray that next year finally we'll be inside. Does anyone know just how much they need to get it finished, maybe we could have a whip-round ?.

I think it got so cold that Too-Tall had to put his fur coat on. There can't be two people that tall, so he must have been in the Wookie costume.

The speed that people were pushed through to see Alex.

I know that she was only here for one day, but I'm sure that SM realised that she would be in huge demand (Why else would they give her a separate entrance Q) .

I'm guessing early on that the Q may have gone slower, given that for the first two hours the VT numbers only went up to 200, yet when she came back after the photo-shoot\lunch we was up to 400 within the hour. I don't know whether earlier on she was personalising stuff either.

In the past SM have done this far better with popular\big name guests (Shatner\Carrie Fisher\James Marsters\Eve Myles\John Barrowman) when we were at the MK:Centre.

Also was a little disappointed at the range of photos available for Alex, maybe all the good ones went early. Normally I do bring at least one item of my own to be signed, but couldn't find anything I really liked.

I just hope that they learn from this for LFCC, because if they thought Alex was bad, Karen is going to be much more.

The cancelled guests, especially so late on. I know that it's not SM's fault and they always say that their appearances are conditional on work commitments, but when you see that someone you wanted to see is no longer coming, you can't but not feel disappointed, especially if they are a HOT blonde.

Overall.

A decent event, but not one of the best SM have put on.

Roll on LFFC in six weeks time.

I have to disagree with the previous poster, I think that this is the finest spread of generally excellent guests that CM has had for a good few years.

We met everyone we wanted to meet, in good time, we attended both days (for us, the first time ever that we have at a CM), we did two photo-shoots, treated our selves to a few extra autos than we'd planned and everyone we met over both days chatted, was friendly and polite, made time for us, and seemed to be enjoying the experience.

I honestly cannot say that there were any low points at all, it really was all good.

Daniel Logan was our first meet. He is a great young man. He signed our "SWII:AotClones" DVD sleeve and because his silver pen was not very good, he grabbed a photo from his selection and did us another auto for free.

Gates McFadden was friendly and whilst not being OTT/gushing, she was chatting and pleasant. A very classy lady actually. After getting her auto, a little later we were in the dealer's area and was waiting in the walk through whilst my son was inside spending my his money. Who should breeze passed looking beautiful and elegant but Ms McFadden. I looked at her and smiled and she blazed back a 1000watt smile that lighted up the room!!!

Levar Burton was great too. We'd wanted to meet him at other events but through work or circumstance, he'd not been able to previously. When I mentioned this to him and told him that there was no way we were missing him on this occasion he joked that he knew that I was going to be there and that's why he'd come. He then told me that I had the best knees he'd ever seen :)

Robert Patrick was also a great fellow. He arrived a little late on the Saturday with a delayed flight. But he did share with us that he'd come more or less straight from a Vet treatment centre, for wounded service men and women, where he'd been chatting with the soldiers there and doing autos. What a top bloke! A bit later on he was walking passed me, and to begin with I almost did not recognise him as he had dark-rimmed glasses on but he saw me and smiled and said "Hey!" in that gravely voice of his.

The Young Ones Duo were great. When we met Nigel and were making a selection from his photos, I asked my wife if she liked the "University Challenge" shot which I identified as the 'vegetable rights and PEACE' photo...which was how he dedicated it to us. Chris Ryan was, compared to how he is in Young Ones, WHO and OFAH, was such a gentle and softly spoken man.

We then met David Warner. I had our TERMINATOR skull (for Robert P) in my arms when we met him and he noticed it and asked what it was. As a joke I said that I'd brought him '....the Head of Alfredo Garcia" and low-and-behold he then told about how he'd been in the running to be in that very film but ended up sadly not.

And finally, we ended Saturday by meeting Stirling Moss. He was also friendly but a bit overwhelmed I think. And he seemed genuinely humbled when I told him that it was a rare chance to actually meet a living legend.

Edited by SlippDigby

for me it has to be Robert Englund he was just so awesome. as usual i couldn't speak when i was getting my autograph :D but i was bouncing up and down inside when he remembered my name at my photoshoot ;) i hope he comes back so i can get another photo that was such fun.

my photo with Alex is fab especially when i corrected the photographer that my bear was actually monkey and she said it's monkey dressed as matt :P shame things had to be hurried up with her auto but at least it gave hopefully everyone with a vq tkt the chance to get one. fingers crossed she'll come back one day and i can get my name on it then!

this situation however has made me start to go into panic mode about karen in july and i am now seriously considering getting to earls court extremely uber early.

i had a great day met some fabby people and got a scott pilgrim t-shirt and hat for £10 what more could i ask for thanks xx

Edited by kinkbunny

Sunday for us was a little different as it was the first time we have done two days at a CM and because we did our two first ever photo-shoots. We had Alex and the lads from Only Fools & Horses. Our whole Sunday was going to be primarily a WHO/OF&H day.

We arrived good and early to be sure of a good start for Alex Kingston and low-and-behold were third fourth and fifth in the queue for her auto. Out VT numbers were 1,2 and 3 :)

Since she had not yet arrived at her booth, we got to meet the OFAH gang and all were very friendly. I was glad to see that Patrick Murray looked better as I understand that he'd been really very ill indeed. He was a little quite but friendly...a bit overwhelmed perhaps?

Misters Challis and Lloyd-Pack also seemed very pleased to be there and were very grateful for the fan's attention too.

John Leeson was giving a lot of time to the fans. Sadly for us, the folks in front had about 12 items to sign. I was not deliberately listening but their voices were carrying, so it became obvious that they only had one personalised item. I wonder (not) where the other 11 were destined for? When we finally got to meet him, I assured him that we only had the one item and that it was for all three of us. I think he appreciated the sentiment as he gave me a very clear "oh well, what can you do?" smile.

We then got to, what for me, was the highlight of the day. Our auto opportunity with Alex K. She was gorgeous. I think that she must've had a cold or something because she knocked back a couple of Olbas throat lozzies - and they're horrible, you would not want one unless you needed it - and offered one to Peter Davidson. She looked utterly beautiful, so natural and enchanting.....

See what I mean? A short video...

She dedicated our picture and was friendly and warm, just a prefect and classy lady. I told that she was gorgeous and she gave us (my son and I) a cheeky smile as my wife told her "Don't worry, I'm taking them both away now!"

We then did our photo-shoots and both Alex and the OF&H gang remembered our son, with AK calling him by name.

Whilst we waited for them to return from printing, we ended our day by meeting Colin Baker and Peter Davidson. My son and I both have the 11 figure WHO set and so they were a natural to take for signing. Colin was as gracious as ever (we'd met him before) but this was the first time we'd met Peter. And he was great too. It gave me the chance to thank him for answering my fan mail to him many years ago (whilst he was still actually the Doctor) and he seemed pleased though he did confess that it was rather rare as he was a bit rubbish with his fan-mail back then.

We then collected our son's photo-shoot pix and as an extra the photog had shot two of his OGF&H turn so he got them both for the price of one.

It was a great weekend and we rank it as the best CM for us personally in a few years.

Arrived at 10am, grabbed a VQ ticket for Robert Patrick first as that was was most important to me and then picked up a Tony Head VQ en route to queuing up for a photoshoot ticket for Robert Patrick ( how did the card payment queue move quicker then the cash queue, once at the front is took me 2 seconds to say Robert Patrick and hand over a £20 note !!! ). Then dashed back to get a Alex Kingston VQ ticket as the queue had now gone down and I got number 550 something. Went and met Mark Capri for my Frasier collection, felt sorry for him at first as he had obviously been discussing the weather with a crew member and as I arrived the crew member went " all right I'll get you a blanket " not the sort of thing a bloke wants said in front of others. Frederic Lehane was a good guest and I got both a Lost and a NYPD Blue picture signed. Went to the Robert Patrick photoshoot and this was very well organised with the crew member calling people forward in batches of 10 loudly and clearly. Tony Head was impressed with my NYPD Blue picture and told me his character was based on a real life case.

Had dropped the other half off at the shops first thing so went back to meet her for lunch, heart-breaking to see Middleton Hall empty and I had a few thoughts for all the great people I met there in the older Collectormania days.

Got back to the football stadium around 2.30 and was delighted to see the Robert Patrick photos were back, collected mine and decided to get both that and an X-Files photo signed by him, as everyone else has said he was a great guest and made you feel he was pleased to see you. Did a few laps of the stadium and then it was time to see Alex Kingston, saw the sign saying no personalisations and realised it was going to be brief but then I had no problem with that as it gave everyone a chance to meet her, she actually paused for a few seconds admiring my ER cast photo and liked it when I told her she didn't look any older ( which she didn't ! ).

As always many thanks to everyone at Showmaster, It's always easy to moan when guests cancel etc but in the last year I've met Agent John Doggett and Cigarette Smoking Man and who ever thought I'd get to do that.

Met Alex Kingston, John Leeson, Peter Davidson and Daniel Logan on Sunday.

Heard bad things about people who have meet AK and JL but all the guests were really nice and AK gave me a hello and asked me where I had gotten my DW poster from and what signatures I had so cannot understand all the negative comments about her (I met her at about 4pm and she still seemed chatty and friendly)

Star of the show though was Daniel Logan - he actually approached me whilst I was watching the football and we chatted about football, weather, twitter and the recent con's he has been to. A really nice chatty guest and the first guest I've ever had who has come up to me for chat, its usually vice versa.

Meant to pop back today (Monday) to see Levar, Gates, Nicole and Chase but couldn't make it, absolutely gutted!

Edited by tanusspijek

Here's my report of my experience, as posted to my blog:

This weekend I went to Milton Keynes for Collectormania: I've been going to Collectormania since the third event they held, only missing it once since then. This was by far the busiest it's been in a number of years, but even so I still had a great (though thoroughly exhausting) time.

This year I was able to go on Saturday and Sunday. I had more guests I wanted to meet on Sunday, but there were several people I wanted to meet who were only there on Saturday. I left home a little later than I intended, and missed the train I had intended to catch so I didn't get to Milton Keynes until about 10am. The free bus to the venue was waiting outside the station so I got on board and it wasn't long until we were underway. When I arrived at the stadium where the event was being held I went to get virtual tickets for the actors I thought would be busiest.

I was surprised to be ushered straight in to meet Gates McFadden, but the crew member explained that as she was leaving shortly for a photoshoot it was best for me to go in right away. I had two group shots of the Star Trek: The Next Generation cast which I had decided to get signed (now Wil Wheaton has started coming to European events I feel willing to attempt to get the set!), and a trading card featuring Gates and Patrick Stewart (so I'm hoping he'll come to another event soon). When I got to the desk poor Gates was sneezing, so naturally I said "Bless you!", to which she replied "I can't believe I'm sick!" She signed my items and I said "Get Well Soon!" and she seemed grateful for the good wishes. Next I went to the info desk and bought a photoshoot ticket for Alex Kingston who wasn't due to appear until Sunday, but having missed out on a photoshoot for Leonard Nimoy at a previous event by not buying in advance, I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice. I was pleased to get a relatively low number.

I then met Keegan de Lancie (son of John de Lancie, who was also at the event, but I'd met him previously and didn't have anything new for him to sign). Keegan signed a photo from Star Trek: Voyager and then posed for a photo. After meeting him I queued up to meet Dean Lennox Kelly. I was meeting him for his appearance in Doctor Who, but lots of people were meeting him for other shows he's been in, so he was very popular. I was surprised that there wasn't a virtual queue in place for him. I waited in line and enjoyed watching him interacting with all the fans. When one of his friends called him he put his phone on video mode and showed his friend the queue and the photo he was signing at that point! When I got to meet him I asked him to sign a trading card. He didn't have much space, but kindly added "Will" as his character name, which I thought was a nice touch. After meeting him I spent some time in the Dealers Room looking at the merchandise, but didn't see much I wanted. I did buy a tin of Doctor Who trading cards, and when I opened it later in the day I was pleased with the contents. There were a couple of actors from the Star Wars films who I wanted to meet but they were on their lunchbreak so I decided to eat my packed lunch and wait for them to return.

After lunch I went to get autographs from LeVar. I was about to ask if he could use a specific pen to sign my items so that it matched the colour Gates had used, but he instinctively reached out for the correct colour pen. I told him that, and he was pleased to hear it. He then asked me what my name was. He said he would try to remember the moment forever, and then without missing a beat said "Sorry, what was your name again?" We all fell about laughing! (When I got home I sent him a tweet to remind him, just in case he had forgotten again.) My ticket number for Robert Patrick had still not been called, so I went to meet the Star Wars actors. One of them was already there, so I got a trading card of his character signed, but the other one took a long time to return from his lunch. When he finally arrived he apologised for keeping me waiting and explained that he had got lost in the stadium and couldn't find his way back to his signing area. He signed a trading card too, and then I had trouble getting a photo because there were people behind his table and I had to wait for them to move. I then went back in the hope of getting Robert Patrick's autograph, but it was nowhere near my ticket number so I decided to cut my losses and try again the next day. I knew I was going to have a very early start on Sunday, so I figured I would go home and rest. (I also wanted to make sure I got home in time to watch the latest Doctor Who episode.)

On Sunday I woke up at 6.30am. I wanted to be out of the house in time to get the first train from Euston to Milton Keynes. I got there with plenty of time, unlike the previous day, but annoyingly the train was delayed leaving the station "due to over-running engineering work". We did eventually head off 13 minutes late, but it meant that I missed the free bus from the station. I decided to get a taxi as I was determined not to miss the chance to meet Alex Kingston, and I knew that as she's in the current series of Doctor Who she would be very popular. It took me a while to find the correct queue as the taxi driver had dropped me on the opposite side of the stadium, but I was there early enough that I felt confident that I would get to meet her. When the doors opened I got my virtual ticket, and then went to get tickets for the other actors I wanted to meet.

There were a couple of sports stars I wanted to meet, and having met some ex-Everton players last year I decided to go meet them first as I thought they might leave early. They were ostensibly there for a West Ham reunion, but two of the players had also played for Everton and had appropriate photos. I started by meeting Tony Cottee, who was my favourite player at the time he played for us, and it was a real thrill to meet one of my childhood heroes! He asked me about my expectations for next season and I said that if we get a better start than this season we should do well. I then met Mark Ward, and he signed my photo and shook my hand.

Having met the sports stars I then started meeting the many actors who I wanted to see at the event. From Star Trek I met Marianna Hill, who was lovely. I gather she was also in the Godfather films, so my brother should be impressed when I tell him I've met her! After I met her I went to the Dealers Room to get a Deep Space Nine cast shot so that I could get it signed by Nicole De Boer. I was pleased to discover that she was happy to be photographed so after she'd signed my picture I took a photo of her. There were a lot of actors from Doctor Who at the event,, so I started getting autographs from them. I joined the queue for John Leeson and was glad to be shielded from the wind by the gazebo that had been set up. I had met John previously, but having got an autograph from Elisabeth Sladen on a trading card from the Alien Armies set, I wanted to get one from John that I can display next to it. After meeting him I joined the queue for Colin Baker. Again, I had met him before, but I had a CD sleeve for an audio featuring three of the Doctors and as I had previously got it signed by Peter and Sylvester I thought it would be good to complete the set. While I was waiting in Colin's queue, someone brought a full-size K-9 for John to sign. I would have loved to take a picture but because of where I was in the queue I couldn't get a clear shot. When I got to the front of the queue Colin was in good spirits, and signed the sleeve exactly where I hoped he would without me needing to ask.

As it was approaching midday I made my way to the photoshoot area. Because the venue is open-air it was really hard to hear what was being said by the organisers, but eventually they managed to arrange things so we were grouped according to our ticket numbers. When it was my turn I said a quick "Hello" to Alex, who smiled and said hello, posed for the photo with me, and then said "Thank you". I thanked her and then went to see if any of the other guests were back from their lunchbreak. As they were all away from their desks I took the opportunity to have a look at what photos were available for Alex, which made it easier to decide which of my own items to get signed.

I went to the bar area, where I was please to see that the Monaco Grand Prix was being shown. I stood just outside the bar and ate my lunch, then went inside to watch the rest of the race. I was surprised at the lack of chairs, and ended up sitting against the wall at the back of the room. As a McLaren fan the race was disappointing, and when it was red-flagged I thought the race was over so I left the bar and went to see if anyone was back from their break. I was glad to be able to meet Robert Patrick, having missed out the previous day, and got a photo of him as he signed my Terminator 2 picture.

Next I went to get autographs from Alex. I was disappointed to discover that there were signs up saying "No Personalisations", though I could understand it as she was extremely busy. She did say hello to me, and after signing my photo she seemed to be moving on to the next attendee, so I had to explain that I had two more items. She signed them and when I said 'Thank you very much" she looked up and smiled. Although I would have liked to get my items personalised, I was glad that I got to meet her, and it made the early start worthwhile!

After meeting Alex, I was hoping to meet Anthony Head but my number had not been called, so I went to meet Roger Lloyd Pack instead. Although he was there for the Only Fools and Horses reunion, I wanted to meet him for his appearance in Doctor Who. He signed a trading card of his character for me, and seemed worried about ruining the picture, but I explained that I had a spare one at home so I didn't mind him writing on it. I realised I should have brought my classic Doctor Who autograph book as John Challis was sitting next to him, but it was too late to do anything about it. I'll just have to hope he comes to another event. After meeting Roger I went to see if I could meet Anthony, and fortunately by then my number had been called. The queue was really long, but given how many successful shows he's been in it wasn't that surprising. He signed my trading card and posed for a photo.

There was just enough time to go to the Dealers Room and get two cards from the Doctor Who: Monster Invasion Preview set. I now only need two cards to complete the set, but one of them is the preview Infinite card, which is so scarce that I doubt I'll ever see one, let alone get hold of one for my set! After buying the cards I rushed to get the free bus back to the station, and got back to London in time to go to the evening service at my church. All in all, an excellent weekend!

I would have liked to go back again today to meet Stuart Milligan (President Nixon in Doctor Who), but I was too tired, and my new job starts tomorrow so I had to prepare for that. Hopefully he'll come to another event in the future.

Edited by nosfer2

The guest is too "busy" to do personalisations or even look at who they are signing for, then maybe having them is not a good idea, that being the case, if someone pays twice for autos on one pic/photo they can have a personalisation then? As I would do that if that is what it takes to get a "To whoever". Alex Kingston did look up, smile and say Hello to Kirstin so she was over the moon. I was quite happy with the experience, it was just a little niggle.

In fairness, this is not the guests fault - they are being told to get everyone through. I saw the same a few years ago with Leonard Nimoy.

the down side, the cold but well thats normal for MK dons and i have learned from experience to dress appropriatley. all those that went in costumes esp the girl dressed as baby doll and the one as wonder woman i take my hat off to you i was cold just looking at you brrrrrr

my phone which i know was really nothing to do with SM, but it meant i didnt have a camera so was disappointed that i couldnt take pics of anyone

the upside, everyone was so friendly, i made new friends

mr kelly what can i say? the guy is ace, brilliant guest!!!

jason watkins he was lush

levar god what a sweetie

nicole she was so pretty and such a lovely person

keegan de lancie, what can i say cool cool guy and a special thanks to the young lady looking after him, she will know what i mean!!!!!

darren morfitt, oops i unwittingly started a queue for him before he was even there!!! great bit of banter def worth the extra days stay!!

the dealers well 2 in particular, the guys from stateside stills who were really helpful and full of banter

the dr who guys esp the one who was extremely helpful with regards to a present i was looking for

the staff esp TT, i know i was a pest, but hey you must be used to me by now

the 2 guys that were with daniel logan and darren morfitt on monday, they chatted to us while we waited for the guests to arrive, nice friendly guys and not forgetting their "runner" they were all great guys!!!!

John Leeson was giving a lot of time to the fans. Sadly for us, the folks in front had about 12 items to sign. I was not deliberately listening but their voices were carrying, so it became obvious that they only had one personalised item. I wonder (not) where the other 11 were destined for? When we finally got to meet him, I assured him that we only had the one item and that it was for all three of us. I think he appreciated the sentiment as he gave me a very clear "oh well, what can you do?" smile.

To be honest if you think they were heading to eBay, I doubt they'd make a profit there. John simply has a lot of Who credits to his name, and some of us like him on each DVD etc. Of course many of us get him for half that price, but there you go.

Nick Moran <3 says it all total gentleman, I've never loved too tall so much :D He was a lovely guest to look after, made an effort with every single person that came into his queue, having proper conversations and doing photos with everyone

Chatting to The Phelps twins about Gloucester rugy, Barnwood and how long it took to get to the event. Also my sisters face at their photoshoot! <3

Meeting Tony Head & chatting about my 12" Giles figure, he's a lovely guy <3

Everyone was lovely over the two days that we were there but two memorable moments:

1 - am impromptu "hello HoytyToyty's" from JAson Watkins when we were talking about Psychoville. So funny

2 - Got Robert Patricks autograph on Saturday and he remembered my daughters name on Sunday in the photoshoot. Made her day

In fairness, this is not the guests fault - they are being told to get everyone through. I saw the same a few years ago with Leonard Nimoy.

It was mega busy when we met William Shatner and as you said Leonard Nimoy, but at least both of them looked up when finished signing the autographs and said Thank You..

I dont know if Alex Kingston was having a bad moment when she met me and the wife but she dissed us completely by not making any eye contact or even saying thanks when tossing the autograph to us..

Edited by Kingy68

Memorable moments...

Alex Kingston, what a lovely lady. Have been a fan since ER so I was especially pleased to get my ER print signed. She commented on my hat before getting distracted by the photograph before sharing a couple of memories from working on ER. Awesomeness! Well worth meeting her!

David Blue... that man is literally made of awesome! I love that the man is a complete and utter geek. I spent an awesome day on David Blues cash desk on Monday and although I spent nearly all day with my back to him I did get to meet all my fellow Stargate fans and hear the stories David was sharing from a distance. Super guest!

Then of course there was hanging out with all my amazing friends both in the crew and outside of it. You guys kept me smiling all weekend despite the cold.

Awesome work to everyone at SM Towers! You guys rock!

Well i took my 7 hours trip down on the bus to dear to fly from Glasgow :( i was staying with my friend so we decided to go both days.

Saturday i got into MK at around 9:30 so we went straight to the stadium, i can't really remember who i met first but i must say James and Oliver Phelps and Dean Lennox Kelly were so lovely :) James asked where i was from, my friend who was really nervous ended up saying i'd come up instead of down from Scotland they laughed it off :)

Dean ended up speaking to me in a Scottish accent couldn't stop laughing such a lovely guy :)

After meeting Dean we called it day i was shattered.

Sunday we got to the stadium and stood in the queue for Alex Kingston, when we got in were number 300 and something :D so we walked back and forth, met Colin Baker then Guy Henry, waited in the queue for Anthony Head, he was such a lovely guy i'd love to meet him again. Then we met Roger Lloyd Pack. Then it was off to meet Peter Davison were we found out that there was no posed autographs with Alex Kingston so we decided for an official photoshoot with her. Peter was so nice as was John Leeson who signed my friends mini K-9 :)

I was so glad i met Alex she was so so nice. :)

I fairly enjoyed my weekend. Those i met were incredibly friendly.

It was mega busy when we met William Shatner and as you said Leonard Nimoy, but at least both of them looked up when finished signing the autographs and said Thank You..

I dont know if Alex Kingston was having a bad moment when she met me and the wife but she dissed us completely by not making any eye contact or even saying thanks when tossing the autograph to us..

The first time William Shatner came to Collectormania a lot of people were upset that he didn't look up at them when he signed. When he appeared at LFACC last year he was there for longer, which meant it was possible for him to give more attention to everyone. It's a shame Alex wasn't able to be at Collectormania for more than one day. I'm sure she didn't mean any offence. I assume that if she comes back for a future event it will be similar to the situation with Bill.

The first time William Shatner came to Collectormania a lot of people were upset that he didn't look up at them when he signed. When he appeared at LFACC last year he was there for longer, which meant it was possible for him to give more attention to everyone. It's a shame Alex wasn't able to be at Collectormania for more than one day. I'm sure she didn't mean any offence. I assume that if she comes back for a future event it will be similar to the situation with Bill.

I was at the event with William Shatner, he did smile at everyone as they went past, but it was his assistant that did all the talking. I've never know a guest to move around the venue so much, does anyone know why he kept changing tables?

I met Alex on Sunday, just after the No Photographs sign went up, although we were hurried, I did briefly mention remembering her in Grange Hill during it's original run, to which she was very surprised. As a matter of fact I'd re-watched the two episodes on DVD the night before!

the 2 guys that were with daniel logan and darren morfitt on monday, they chatted to us while we waited for the guests to arrive, nice friendly guys and not forgetting their "runner" they were all great guys!!!!

That would be Rob (with Darren), Kiel (with Daniel) and David (the runner).

All three were fab! :D

Had a great time on the Sunday! Robert Patrick was lovely, and although I was probably the millionth person to tell him I loved his work on the X-Files, acted like I wasn't lol and told me how much he appreciated that etc, happily chatted about the show for a while and added "Agent Doggett" to my photo as well as personalising it. Later on I went back to get another autograph from him, as I'd managed to find a Pieceworks card on one of the stalls - after signing it he had a closer look and realised it was a bit of a shirt he wore in one of the episodes, then called over to Robert Englund and told him about it too :P He kindly posed for a photo holding the card :D (thanks to the crew lady as well for letting him!) Great guy, really friendly to everyone.

I met Alex Kingston after she'd had to stop personalisations (I had a VT in the 400s), and she was obviously trying to get through people faster, and some people in front of me and my friend who didn't say anything to her, she did just sign their photos and hand them back, but I said Hi and asked how she was, she replied, we exchanged pleasantries and she shook my hand, so I was happy - couldn't ask for more really as she was so busy! :D

I also met Anthony Head towards the end of the day when he had an open queue - nice guy, very sweet and was happy to have photos with people as well which was cool.

Thanks Showmasters!