6.7 A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR (1/2) inc Spoilers

timelord81r

I didn't like the whole daughter thing purely cus like others have said she doesn't seem to have any love towards them.

I wonder if like she was always meant to be this character, like when she was first introduced in tennant's series.

Part of it seems almost rip off from the time traveller's wife..... I did enjoy it though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't know is why keep it a big secret? like her identity ......

it was built up like it would be a reveal that would rock the doctor, change everything, but its not, he is happy about it, so thats a bit of a niggle for me,

I dont think this was moffs plan all along, certainly not from SITL, I dont even think in series 5 he had made up his mind, not when writing series 5, IMO.

Like the gangbanger from last weeks episode.

I hope you mean ganger or else you were watching an entirely different episode that definitely wouldn't have been on a Saturday evening!

Doctor Who After Dark on BBC3?

Nice idea, lol! Though a depraved Doctor Who might put a few people off... :D

I hope you mean ganger or else you were watching an entirely different episode that definitely wouldn't have been on a Saturday evening!

Nice idea, lol! Though a depraved Doctor Who might put a few people off... :lol:

XXX Song

now thats something id like to see ;-)

You can go and watch Moll Flanders for that!

In the tone of the late macho man, "oooohhh YERRRRR"

that holds a special place in my collection,

tell ya what its not out on dvd here but I swear I saw it on tv years ago, wasnt there some saucy stuff in bodica also?

You can go and watch Moll Flanders for that!

In the tone of the late macho man, "oooohhh YERRRRR"

that holds a special place in my collection,

tell ya what its not out on dvd here but I swear I saw it on tv years ago, wasnt there some saucy stuff in bodica also?

I've got an american DVD of it (renamed Warrior Queen) but I'm sure the "saucy stuff" has been cut out of it as I also remembered there being some on TV but there si none on the DVD.

it was built up like it would be a reveal that would rock the doctor, change everything, but its not, he is happy about it, so thats a bit of a niggle for me,

I dont think this was moffs plan all along, certainly not from SITL, I dont even think in series 5 he had made up his mind, not when writing series 5, IMO.

I'd have thought it was quite obvious that he's had it in his mind for quite a while. Apart from the fact that he obviously thinks about things a long time in advance, and is always planning, he must have created the character of Amy Pond with it in mind that her and River's names were related. When you consider he would have to have the character of Amy planned and outlined since at least 2009, it stands to reason he always had a plan for her. I very much doubt he'd create a character that is clearly going to be coming back into the show time and time again(going by the way her lifeline is being handled) and not actually know himself who she was

I'd have thought it was quite obvious that he's had it in his mind for quite a while. Apart from the fact that he obviously thinks about things a long time in advance, and is always planning, he must have created the character of Amy Pond with it in mind that her and River's names were related. When you consider he would have to have the character of Amy planned and outlined since at least 2009, it stands to reason he always had a plan for her. I very much doubt he'd create a character that is clearly going to be coming back into the show time and time again(going by the way her lifeline is being handled) and not actually know himself who she was

there was an interview I saw with him, he didnt know her outcome when he wrote SITL, thats what he said, though who show runners like to lie ;-) lol

he said something like in trek they would of left it but he felt why not make a big deal and explore it when he took the reigns

When Rory goes and try to get River at the start of the episode, she said she cannot come yet, but will be I was also thinking last night, she tells the doctor that she killed a good man. We all think that she kills the doctor down the line. But I think there is a twist in it, to us the Doctor is a good man. But in that universe, season after season he is cast as a bad man to some people. That makes me think he is not the one who gets killed.

Also how old is Dr Song actual is, if she regenerated a number of times she might only been in her teens, in a grown adult's body. Also how many times can she regeneration, we know when we first meet her, she dies. So it might mean that she cannot regeneration 13 times like other Timelords.

That leaves only one other re-occurring man on Doctor Who at the moment, who is always good. Rory. The way that Dr Song does not get attached to Amy and Rory and the way that she just blanks them. To me, it must mean she knows what she is going to do to them. To make it easier, for when the event happens he trys and make it so that they don't get connected to her and she don't give anything away.

Also Rory is the lone centurion who looks after Amy all of those years in the alternative universe, and always been there for her. He only sees the good in everybody even, though some people are bad to the core. Like the gangbanger from last weeks episode.

cap

Hadn't thought of that...

Just get her on Torchwood... ;)

loved vasta and jenny, really hope they do a period ep with those 2 in.

Several people on IMDB want a spin-off show with them

Have just watched it again, and what I don't get is the Gallifrey writing on the cot. If it was the Doctor's cot, and baby Melody was only in it for about 5 minutes, how come the writing on it seems to suggest "Amy, River's your daughter" as implied?:D Watched that part a couple times, and still don't get it....

Someone on IMDB said that River and The Doctor were looking at the name-leaf- thing in the cot, rather than the cot itself and mentioned that The Moff confirmed this on Twitter

I thought there would be at least one fool who would call the Doctor a pedo after the ep, instead there's bitching about the gay couples in the episode.

i dont have a problem with gay couples in who, but the gay marines seemed a bit pointless, just there to set up a quick joke. haha imagine how much hassle RTD would of got for this ep, 2 gay couples in one ep? lol.

I think vashta and jenny are a well sexy couple ;-) bet captain jack would be all over them, after he had his way with the fat and thin marines lol ;-)

"theres a far worse day coming for me, the day he finds out who I am" how is finding out she is baby pond a worse day for river than the docs or rivers death?

#re watching episode 1 at present

Edited by timelord81r

"theres a far worse day coming for me, the day he finds out who I am" how is finding out she is baby pond a worse day for river than the docs or rivers death?

SPOILERS !! :P

for those of a certain disposition my following post contains speculation from my mind, not spoilers ive seen elsewhere.

yer she is happy to see him until he tells her why and she realizes its already happened for her and she cant go with him.

although how the younger river knows where to find the doc and why in a good man goes to war is anyones guess.

is she the kid regenerating? im not totally convinced, her reactions in those first 2 eps would not make much sense if it was her when she was younger. but why did the silence build the space suit for her/the kid, that made no sense. hopefully that will be addressed in coming eps.

were the silence working with/for eye patch lady? that would then make sense as to how its young river and why just about, but not to why older river has no clue about it lol

I think maybe river maybe that little girl because she says she killed a good man a very good man so in the beginning of the episode a astronaut kills the doctor and later in the episode the astronaut is the little girl.

Also maybe when river if the little girl was her she comes back to get revenge on the silence and help the younger her.

And the reason maybe why if the little girl is her she's not with Amy and Rory maybe that the doctor rescues baby melody but goes to far in the future well that's my idea anyway LOL.

Edited by PoTtHeAdWhOvIaN

I am still thinking about who River Song kills is it the Doctor or is it poor old Rory again

octavian in time of angels knows who she kills and knows he was a "hero to many" but doesnt recognize matt as the doctor, river has to introduce him, by his reaction he knows of the doctor. so does that rule out matts doctor? or could it be he just heard that she killed the doc and knew of the doc but had never met him?

can rory really be a greater man to river than the doc even being her father?

I think maybe river maybe that little girl because she says she killed a good man a very good man so in the beginning of the episode a astronaut kills the doctor and later in the episode the astronaut is the little girl.

good point, but river in that ep seems to have no clue about whats going on with the silence and the space suit, if it had been her in her past she would remember at least the space suit

unless that was her being used as a weapon, and somehow thats wiped frm her memory, but if so how does she remember killing him?

I am still thinking about who River Song kills is it the Doctor or is it poor old Rory again

octavian in time of angels knows who she kills and knows he was a "hero to many" but doesnt recognize matt as the doctor, river has to introduce him, by his reaction he knows of the doctor. so does that rule out matts doctor? or could it be he just heard that she killed the doc and knew of the doc but had never met him?

can rory really be a greater man to river than the doc even being her father?

good point, but river in that ep seems to have no clue about whats going on with the silence and the space suit, if it had been her in her past she would remember at least the space suit

unless that was her being used as a weapon, and somehow thats wiped frm her memory, but if so how does she remember killing him?

look at my edit

ah ok re-watching TIA is helping, I was confused, so the worse day for river is when she looks into the docs eyes and he doesnt know who she is, she knows thats coming

although how it all fits with octavians line about the doc wouldnt help them if he knew who and what river was is anyones guess.

Edited by timelord81r

were the silence working with/for eye patch lady? that would then make sense as to how its young river and why just about, but not to why older river has no clue about it lol

Have you thought about it the other way? Maybe Kovarian is really a good person, but then she saw a silent and they gave her the whole plan. Could link in with when Amy was taken and why 'she will bring the silence'...

ah ok re-watching TIA is helping, I was confused, so the worse day for river is when she looks into the docs eyes and he doesnt know who she is, she knows thats coming

although how it all fits with octavians line about the doc wouldnt help them if he knew who and what river was is anyones guess.

Dont forget River told Rory she is pregnent as well in the Impossible Astrounaut could that be the more worse day to come telling the Doctor that she is pregnent and it is his baby