6.7 A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR (1/2) inc Spoilers

timelord81r

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

which is why im angry now, sorry but although it was revealed well, it makes no sense in relation to amy, river has never shown ANY inclines to amy being her mother or rory being her father.

Why would she though?

We don't know how she's been brought up. I mean, if they havent seen each other in years until she's an adult woman, she wouldn't be all lovey dovey towards them would she? I don't know.

There's so many reasons why she wouldnt be like that though, and that's not mentioning the simple fact that the writers probably didnt want to make it obvious :blush:

That was...Wow. I have no words. I knew that was coming, but the way it was dealt with made it all the better. I was so convinced that only the Doctor was going to find out and we were going to have to wait until September. :') The episode is a whole was wonderful. And Karen's acting; honestly, she has serious talent.

deff need to watch it again

first thoughts

exciting, fun, clever

BUT

Im getting really really p***** off with the doctor being bigged up, making great speeches and being really clever, everyone afraid of the on coming storm, great dialogue for it all to be a trap and the doctor isnt all that, moff did it in TPO with the stonehenge speech, wonderfull, accept they didnt wet themselfs and run away, they just wanted the doc to think they did and the same thing happened here, all this you have never risen higher and also fallen so far is tosh, the doctor being awesome, well he wasnt, they wanted him to think so. arghhhhhh, really dont like it when they make the doc look silly, I dont mind him loosing but dont waste my time with brilliant scenes of the doc being bold, brave and the oncoming storm just for you to say actually there enemies arnt afraid.

now to river, I was worried before that she would be either amys kid or the doctors mum, the kid is better but still im not happy, mainly cos river shows no interest towards amy and rory as her parents at all!!!!! ever!!! if not for this I might be fine with it, (loved the docs reaction though)

though it was revealed very well. rivers identity, (BUT WHO DOES SHE KILL?)

loved the victorian silurian

loved the cybermen bit, especially the classic design ships (shame there was still stomping)

loved the lone centurion,

didnt like strax with his all too human accent, just feels like he was some dude in a suit.

loved the calling in debts stuff and the headless monks.

although all exciting with touches of brilliance, its all too messy, and really risking vanishing up its own ass like lost did.

also "lets kill hitler" as a ep title, did moffs kids think that up? man.

Even if you ignore the revelation, I thought the actual episode was stunning. However, there wasn't reaaaaally that much adventure/problem solving on The Doctor's part, it was more an episode about the rest of the cast. Also, it has certainly set the second half of the season up to be very exciting :WAVE: As for River's identity, in some ways, I was hoping she wasn't going to be Pond spawn (get it... :P ) because I thought it seemed like the most obvious answer, though I make no claims to have sussed out all of the intricacies and complexities of it. Very happy :blush:

Also, nobody has commented on how the Headless Monks were just Sith rip-offs and just to take you back to the opening story:

"I'm a screamer, there is a spoiler for you!"

:blush:

Edited by cyd0nian

also I have a question, if the kid in the space suit who then regenerated (why was she in the suit?) is river then why does the river who is with the doc in that story know that the little girl in the suit is her, surely thats her past?????????????????????????

this episode was far to over hyped by the bbc and the moff. a game changer? how so? and the kid being able to regenerate cos she was born in the tardis? TOSH, TOSH I scream.

yet for all its faults, for all my anger, its still better than the RTD years. which wernt bad, just well, the moff years are better cos for all its faults its still exciting and interesting.

TOSH, TOSH I scream.
This is why Naoko is avoiding you ^_^

Shes been to see me twice :D

The RTD years were the ebst in my opinion - I don't know what your getting so angry about Timelord......

I thought the episode was really good for Matt Smith.. however, I would have liked more of the pirates....

also I have a question, if the kid in the space suit who then regenerated (why was she in the suit?) is river then why does the river who is with the doc in that story know that the little girl in the suit is her, surely thats her past?????????????????????????

this episode was far to over hyped by the bbc and the moff. a game changer? how so? and the kid being able to regenerate cos she was born in the tardis? TOSH, TOSH I scream.

yet for all its faults, for all my anger, its still better than the RTD years. which wernt bad, just well, the moff years are better cos for all its faults its still exciting and interesting.

^_^ Wow really? for being such an apparent admirer of steven moffat and matt smiths time, you do a Hell of a lot of criticising of this season. is there any episode this season you've actually liked without bein able to fault?

matt was amazing in it yes.

perhaps ive become too critical and too over expecting of new who.

when I bash RTD era above I dont mean every ep, but when RTD era stories were dodgy they were silly and childish and unimaginative, where as at elast the moff era dodgy ones are exciting, interesting and imaginative and rarely childish, for me anyway.

^_^ Wow really? for being such an apparent admirer of steven moffat and matt smiths time, you do a Hell of a lot of criticising of this season. is there any episode this season you've actually liked without bein able to fault?

I didnt do much faulting of TIA and TAP. like ive said perhaps ive become too over expectant and critical, ive also not re-watched many of this season over again. which I intend to now do, and perhaps will enjoy them more.

at no point have i critiqued matt for not being good, he is, has been and will continue to be amazing, second best doc of all time!!

There are only three things I like about the Moff Years....Matt's Doctor, Amy and Rory. Dislike River. You so know that I am an RTD man.

at no point have i critiqued matt for not being good, he is, has been and will continue to be amazing, second best doc of all time!!

After David ^_^

• Moderators

I'm the complete opposite - I loved the fact that the Doctor was outsmarted. Why shouldn't he be?

To actually have a credible threat to him, and not to have his own way the whole time, is what gives the show new life. That and the twists in the relationships mean there's far more to come, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.

After David ^_^

my poor deluded friend, lol, after patrick troughton, david, is much lower, matt wipes the floor with him ;-)

I'm the complete opposite - I loved the fact that the Doctor was outsmarted. Why shouldn't he be?

To actually have a credible threat to him, and not to have his own way the whole time, is what gives the show new life. That and the twists in the relationships mean there's far more to come, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.

I totally agree david, BUT my issue is with how they big him up, give matt and others great lines, "my friend you have never risen higher" well actually no, he has been fooled, they did the same in the pandorica opens. "give someone else a chance?" watch them run and rivers "whole armies would run line" its all lies cos they dont, its a trap every time.

im fine with the doc loosing ect, just it annoys me that they use great stuff for the doc and co to show how great he is then they reveal its a trap and it totally invalidates that which came prior

which is why im angry now, sorry but although it was revealed well, it makes no sense in relation to amy, river has never shown ANY inclines to amy being her mother or rory being her father.

Why would she though?

We don't know how she's been brought up. I mean, if they havent seen each other in years until she's an adult woman, she wouldn't be all lovey dovey towards them would she? I don't know.

There's so many reasons why she wouldnt be like that though, and that's not mentioning the simple fact that the writers probably didnt want to make it obvious :D

humm, ok I can take that on board, plausible and technically her mother did try to kill her when she was in the suit, so ok, BUT why does the river of that ep not know its young river in the suit, its her past for christ sake!!!!

when I bash RTD era above I dont mean every ep, but when RTD era stories were dodgy they were silly and childish and unimaginative, where as at elast the moff era dodgy ones are exciting, interesting and imaginative and rarely childish, for me anyway.

These past 7 weeks I've nodded off during 3 episodes.

I'm sure I'll look back more fondly on the Moffatt era when he's gone, if the show survives him.

I tend to think of David as my surrogate Doctor.

my poor deluded friend, lol, after patrick troughton, david, is much lower, matt wipes the floor with him ;-)
Pretty much everybody wipes their feet on the door Matt....

Edit: I do actually like Matt. I just like winding up Rob more ^_^

Edited by 1of2

BUT why does the river of that ep not know its young river in the suit, its her past for christ sake!!!!
One word. Spoilers.
She actually shoots if you remember, to try to stop the astronaut and then says something like "No, of course not" as in of course I can't kill myself at an earlier point in my own timeline ^_^

BUT why does the river of that ep not know its young river in the suit, its her past for christ sake!!!!
One word. Spoilers.

what was the polar bear in lost?

One word. Spoilers.
She actually shoots if you remember, to try to stop the astronaut and then says something like "No, of course not" as in of course I can't kill myself at an earlier point in my own timeline ^_^

why cant she? time can be re written.

If she died at a younger age she wouldn't be able to be there to kill herself so she couldn't die in the first place. Standard big ball of wibbley-wobbley-timey-wimey craziness ^_^

in the whoniverse, that dont stand up to what the doc has said about time, what can change what cant and the more recent time can be re written.

plus earlier in that ep when river is talking about the child, why does she not know or mention, oh, by the way, its me, she certainly doesn't show ny sign of knowing its her in the suit.

then again maybe its not and its another timelord. ?

what was the polar bear in lost?

^_^ If you are on about the TV series Lost then that reference is....lost on me. I never watched it.

then again maybe its not and its another timelord. ?
I have been wondering that. When was it confirmed that the person in the spacesuit was the little girl? When was it confirmed that the little girl was mini-River?