Photo Thread

Richie Rich

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool photos DracoMalfoy

@zebredy - great pics there, particularly like the one with the Predator.

Thanks, yeah that costume did look great, wish I had the time, money and skill to pull off something like that.

DSC_0016.jpg

Here are some more photos of other people in there costumes, plus a Darlek and an R2D2

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

:(

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

The whole "no posed photos" thing did annoy me a fair amount yesterday. All of the guests I personally met, bar 1, were repeat guests and had done at least 2 shows before, if not more. And they had all done over the table photo shots until the photoshoots came in.

John DeLancie had NO signs up, and I was the only person in the queue to see him, and I asked and he seemed embarrassed to say "I've been told I can't as we're plugging the photoshoots". I never ask if a sign is up, but there was NO sign behind him. I wouldn't have asked as it's embarrassing for me to be told no!

Gates and LeVar on the 2 previous occasions both did over the table shots. I didn't ask them as the sign was up. They may all have the same agent giving the orders, I don't know, but I really miss the days of the over the table shots. I get photoshoots too, but I used to love having a momento of the actual moment of me meeting them, instead of an awkward shot by my friend stood behind me of the back of my head (with my hair starting to curl from the wind GRR) and my coat and bag in the way!

I got an over the table shot with Keegan- and it was particularly gusty at that point!!!

Here are some of mine of random people if you see yourself and want them larger and without the tag let me know and I sort you out :)

If anyone has some of me, I'd be glad to see them too, thankies.

img0125vg.jpg

img0123bv.jpg

img0100xr.jpg

img0086pb.jpg

img0059kas.jpg

img0058bk.jpg

img0038u.jpg

and here's a a lovely new friend I made with me.. in character we loathe each other of course haha

img0107yyx.jpg

Edited by Draco Malfoy

Nice photos! I'm a little surprised you managed to get a photo of Nicole, when I went past I could have sworn the sign said no photos.

That was the only complaint I'd have for today, really. I asked for a photo with her before that notice went up, she very politely declined, but I wasn't bothered cos I had the photoshoot later.

By the time I went to see John deLancie the notice was on the board - but Nicole posed for a photo with someone while I was at his desk. Huh?

Then I asked if I could have a photo with John. He said yes, but his minder lady said no. :(

The exact same thing happened to me. She let me take a photo of her but said no posed photos, which was fine by me. But then 10 minutes later when I was in DeLancie's queue, I saw her doing posed photos with people.

Also, the thing about photos with DeLancie happened to me last year. He was happy for me to have a photo with him, but the crew person said we weren't supposed to. I did get it though.

Here are my photos:

yg8t_f89_u8vf2.jpg

yg8t_2e2_u8vf2.jpg

yg8t_435_u8vf2.jpg

yg8t_ae1_u8vf2.jpg

yg8t_a09_u8vf2.jpg

yg8t_c2a_u8vf2.jpg

yg8t_f10_u8vf2.jpg

yg8t_8cd_u8vf2.jpg

yg8t_00b_u8vf2.jpg

Edited by Vitani

I love the photos over the tables idea... i was really looking forward to meeting Robert Patrick yesterday and was absolutely gutted when I couldn't afford it... but to be honest, when I found out that if I did meet him I wasn't allowed to take a photo with him over the table anyway, that made me feel a little better about it.

I miss the days where you could just lean over and have a snap. It does seem more people are not allowing it now.

I get a photoshoot sometimes if I am a huge fan of someone, but if you like someone for only one or two of their movies etc... maybe you don't want to spend another £15-£20 for a picture with them.

But I do sometimes let the photo over the table thing decide if I am going to meet someone.

Just my opinion...

My pictures are here:

www.richiesfamousencounters.weebly.com

Edited by Richie Rich

Sadly i was unable to make it this weekend but a very good friend of mine has got who i wanted (hopefully, as he hasnt failed me before) But reading this has made me post a reply re photo ops etc. Wherever possible i always try and get a "over the table shot" as i would rather that than pay extra for a professional photo. One such photo i will always treasure is my shot of me and Carrie Fisher leaning over the table.It may sound tight on my part and i know the revenue that the photoshoots generates for you guys which is fair enough, but when you have x amount of guests to see in a limited amount of time then for me its autograph quick table shot and away,its less time consuming and a lot easier on my part. Everyone is different and i know that a lot of you guys prefer a photoshoot to an autograph. Thats what makes these shows interesting is the huge variety of interests and preferences. Keep up the good work guys and ill see you in July .

No one get any of Dean Lennox Kelly?

Otherwise all great photos! :D

I did but I'm way too tired to try and work out how to upload my pics ~ sorry!!!!

What I can say though is he was fantastic, really chatty and thoroughly amusing with everyone he met, I even overheard one person complain that ''urgh he's talking to everyone'' bloody crazy if you ask me!! I loved the fact that he took the time to have a chat and a joke with everyone!!!

Not to mention he is gorgeous :blush:

Hat goodness! :-)

5771835427_43c7aab7c3.jpg

65 - Baby Doll by Man In The Hat, on Flickr

Saw the above lovely lady walking around today, talk about gorgeous! Must have been freezing though!

Is she on the forums?

Back on subject though, will prob have my photos online some point by next weekend as don't get home until Tuesday!

Edited by crippsy_99

Saw the above lovely lady walking around today, talk about gorgeous! Must have been freezing though!

Is she on the forums?

Back on subject though, will prob have my photos online some point by next weekend as don't get home until Tuesday!

crippsy, yes think so, she's on twitter, was great to meet up with her for a chat today.

Is she on the forums?

crippsy, yes think so, she's on twitter, was great to meet up with her for a chat today.

tony, cant you leave at least one nice woman for the rest of us? its not fair ;-)

Edited by timelord81r

Today draws Collectormania to a close for us for this year, but what a year. It was great to finally put a face to the name Jason (we were at the head of the lovely Alex Kingston's queue) and Too Tall, as always my good man, thank you for your help with queries and questions...invaluable.

Now some pix....

The fantastic and infectiously friendly Daniel Logan

David Warner

Nigel Planer, Christopher Ryan

Levar Burton, Gates McFadden

Robert Patrick, The legend Stirling Moss

John Challis, Roger Lloyd-Pack, Patrick Murray

John Leeson, Peter Davidson

The utterly gorgeous and classy Ms. Alex Kingston. What a lady! :P

I just wonder how next year will top this one..? But then I have said that for the last three LF&CCs :D

Is she on the forums?

*Blushes* that would be me! *Waves* I've been a bit of a forum luker for a few years now but I've made a promise to myself to pop in more often and ACTUALLY post things! Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback on my costume from today! Was my first time cosplaying and I was nervous as hell BUT I was not cold! Musta been the adrenaline or something! If anyone else has piccies I'd love to see! Didn't really have anywhere to store a camera today! lol