Photo Thread

Richie Rich

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice photos! I'm a little surprised you managed to get a photo of Nicole, when I went past I could have sworn the sign said no photos.
It was no posed photos, i.e. no posing in the phoot with her. She was more than happy to pose on her own.

Nice photos! I'm a little surprised you managed to get a photo of Nicole, when I went past I could have sworn the sign said no photos.
It was no posed photos, i.e. no posing in the phoot with her. She was more than happy to pose on her own.

Good to know - I might just go for that as the previous time I met her (at a different event) the organisers prohibited taking any photos whatsoever at the desk.

That was the only complaint I'd have for today, really. I asked for a photo with her before that notice went up, she very politely declined, but I wasn't bothered cos I had the photoshoot later.

By the time I went to see John deLancie the notice was on the board - but Nicole posed for a photo with someone while I was at his desk. Huh?

Then I asked if I could have a photo with John. He said yes, but his minder lady said no. :blush:

Edited by Kinggodzillak

Hey guys... my photos are on my web site now for you all to see. :blush:

On the left hand side of the home page there is a tab for Collectormania 17. I hope you like the pictures.

Also on the site are all the other Showmasters events i have been to... Enjoy.

www.richiesfamousencounters.weebly.com

Rich :D

Edited by Richie Rich

I've now uploaded my photos to Photobucket! :P Please tell me if you are in one of my photos I want to know who you are!! :blush:

R2D2 and me :D

255558_10150198324589819_547374818_6778580_4163021_n.jpg

255108_10150198325989819_547374818_6778611_6127337_n.jpg

Me, Sam and Paul :P

253488_10150198325764819_547374818_6778609_7023694_n.jpg

252608_10150198324659819_547374818_6778582_1927769_n.jpg

Me and the Weasley Twins! :P

252408_10150198326354819_547374818_6778618_7972365_n.jpg

River Song and the Doctor ^^

251643_10150198323919819_547374818_6778565_2921954_n.jpg

10th Doctor :P

248568_10150198325549819_547374818_6778600_5734462_n.jpg

Please tell me if I had a pic with you :D I wanna add my Dr Who cosplay friends on facebook ^^

Rest of my pics are on here -> http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...mp;l=46b3c678ce

Edited by HohoCullen

That was the only complaint I'd have for today, really. I asked for a photo with her before that notice went up, she very politely declined, but I wasn't bothered cos I had the photoshoot later.

By the time I went to see John deLancie the notice was on the board - but Nicole posed for a photo with someone while I was at his desk. Huh?

Then I asked if I could have a photo with John. He said yes, but his minder lady said no. :blush:

yes,whats the deal with some people saying no posed photos???......if they have a queue a mile long i can understand it......but not otherwise.i find it rather rude to the fans that some will take your money to sign a photo,but not give you five seconds to have a photo.its not like you are asking them to donate a kidney........

yes,whats the deal with some people saying no posed photos???......if they have a queue a mile long i can understand it......but not otherwise.i find it rather rude to the fans that some will take your money to sign a photo,but not give you five seconds to have a photo.its not like you are asking them to donate a kidney........
There are any number of reasons as to why. A busy queue can be one of the those. Another example would be somebody like Gates McFadden who is sensitive to flash photography and suffers from migraines as a result. Others may suffer from a back injury which would no doubt be aggravated from the constant getting up and down.

At the end of the day the sign (and request) is there for a reason. It's just that the reason may not be apparent.

There are any number of reasons as to why. A busy queue can be one of the those. Another example would be somebody like Gates McFadden who is sensitive to flash photography and suffers from migraines as a result. Others may suffer from a back injury which would no doubt be aggravated from the constant getting up and down.

At the end of the day the sign (and request) is there for a reason. It's just that the reason may not be apparent.

yes,thats a fair comment.

That's fair enough, even though Nicole was pretty quiet all day - but like I said, someone did ask and got a posed photo at the desk even with the sign up.

The one I really didn't understand was John de Lancie's attendant saying no even after he'd said yes. If he's okay with it then the only reason for her to say no is to encourage me to go buy a photoshoot ticket - which in this case, I didn't do.

Was allowed to take a photo of them both, though.

john-1.jpg

nicole.jpg

Oh, another thing - why were the toilets so heavily guarded? :thumbup:

guards.jpg

Was Gates saying no to posed photo's and was she sat next to LeVar?Thanx for any replies!
Gates was 'no posed photos' and no flash photography at all. They were sat together today. I imagine they would be tomorrow, although that can change at times.

The one I really didn't understand was John de Lancie's attendant saying no even after he'd said yes. If he's okay with it then the only reason for her to say no is to encourage me to go buy a photoshoot ticket - which in this case, I didn't do.
I have no idea about the John situation. I can only guess that there was some sort of misunderstanding.

Nicole - unless she did that pose a lot then I was behind you in the queue :thumbup:

Edited by 1of2

On the flipside, one might consider it an overdeveloped sense of entitlement if you've paid for an autograph but expect the guest to stand up or pose for a photo too.

If I go into my local supermarket and pay for a bottle of gin, I don't expect them to give me a couple of bottles of tonic, a lemon and a bag of ice too... (nice as it might be!)

I get the impression that sometimes the crew have to play the 'bad guy' to enforce the guests wishes. If the guest doesn't want to do posed photos at the table they may ask the crew member to enforce this so they don't appear to be the one saying no.

There wasnt a sign for Levar Burton, Gates Mcfadden or Jason Watkins saying no posed photos when myself and the wife got to the front of the queues. I asked Levar if it was possible for a photo at the table even though we had a photoshoot later with him, and he said 'I would but i've been told that I can't'..

I also said to Gates McFadden that I could take a photograph with 'No Flash', as I know she doesnt like flash phototography due to migrains etc.., and she also said No I've been told I can't.

Same situation with Jason Watkins, we were 3rd in the queue after waiting till 1:30 to see him as he was running late.. The first people in front of us asked for a photo and he said 'I've been told I can't', then he said 'Go on then' and the then had a photo with them. Came to us and then a woman came round and said 'No Posed Photos As Its Holding Up The Queue'.

I have many photos from the Showmasters events (And Other Events Hosted By Another Company) that were posed over the table shots and also many of the paid for photoshoots. I think the over the table photos just makes it feel like the guests have actually appreciated you for coming to see them and given you 5 seconds of their time..

I've been to a couple of these events in the USA and 99.9% of the time the guests never ever moan about having a posed photo over the table.

I understand what you saying here, but you can take a photo 'without' a flash and the people who want a photo could also bend down in front of the table in front of the guest, as I have done on many occasions..

[

Yes I agree that sometimes we are being encouraged into buying a photoshoot...

On whe whole though it wasnt too bad a day... Robert Patrick, Levar Burton were brilliant and were very chatty.

But the guests of the day had to go to James and Oliver Phelps who were the most frendliest guys you could ever want to meet... Constantly smiling and chatting, posing for photos.. Brilliant..

I also told them what area i lived in as I knew that they were from around the same area and they told me that their nan lived half a mile from where I live.. So I asked them 'Yes but how often do you go round to see her' and they said 'Every Sunday guaranteed'.. I said to them 'I wish i'de have known, I would have come round tomorrow and had ya autograph and a photo with you both and save me £50!!!!!!' They just started laughing and said 'Yeah ya could have done'..

I recommend anyone to see these 2 guys if they havnt done before, there really down to earth....

Edited by Kingy68

Then I asked if I could have a photo with John. He said yes, but his minder lady said no. :thumbup:

Jason himself has talked about this several times on the forum. Sometimes guests just don't want to pose at the desk (for any number of reasons) but they don't want to come across as the bad guy saying no to fans. So they say yes (but mean no) and get the staff to do the "dirty work". After all, you are contractually buying an autograph only - anything else is a lucky bonus.

Jason himself has talked about this several times on the forum. Sometimes guests just don't want to pose at the desk (for any number of reasons) but they don't want to come across as the bad guy saying no to fans. So they say yes (but mean no) and get the staff to do the "dirty work". After all, you are contractually buying an autograph only - anything else is a lucky bonus.

This makes more sense. I can't see why showmasters or any of the crew should deny photos at the table if this is ok for the guest. The only reason I can think of would be to speed up the process in case of a very long queue; but I have seen guests with no queue saying "no" and guests with a long queue (like the Phelps or David Warner yesterday) posing happily. I also feel that since the photoshoot has been introduced so widely the guests might think that is unfair to pose at the table "for free" over those who paid for the photoshoot.

Edited by Bergman

That's why I absolutely HATE photo' shoots so much I would rather have an informal over the signing table free of charge on my camera than a formal photo shoot that costs extra and I have to stand around waiting to be returned for ages....when I heard about the photo shoots creeping in I knew things would change for the worse and it would be no posed photo's go and buy a photo shoot ticket.NOT GOOD!

Edited by Howie

Hope you like these photos, excuse the rubbish one of me and David Blue the camera was on the wrong settings :(

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Will post more later.

:(