Sportsmania flyers at Collectormania

18blue78

Just a quick question about the Sportsmania flyers that were doing the rounds.

There are quite a few names listed on the flyer that haven’t been posted on the web site or forum, notably 7 members of the ‘66 World Cup Winning team. Just wondering if these players have been confirmed?

Now, I know people drop out and nobody is ever 100% certain to attend. But if they are attending there are some items I’d like them to autograph that I haven’t got hold of yet because they’re a little on the expensive side. So I’m just after a little information so I can get the ball rolling (pardon the pun).

If you're going back to the event tomorrow I can only recommend that you ask at the Organisers Booth. I'm afraid I don't have any info on that, and everyone but me is at the show.

Otherwise you'll hopefully get an answer some time next week when SM are back in the office. I'll put the bit about the '66 players in the headline to make sure it's caught.

Normally I'd say "they are on the flyer, they are confirmed", but I remember those adverts that you seem to remember too. :lol:

Thanks for the help Queen Sindel. Unfortunately I can’t make it again on Sunday but I’ll keep checking for updates.

nosfer2, there was a dealer next to the sporting guests selling sports montage photos and football shirts. They had a massive pile of flyers for Sportsmania.

Hope you can find them.

P.S. nosfer2 I have just noticed your post on another thread. If you haven’t posted on the Everton FC forum yet then you might want to also mention Ray Wilson ‘might’ be attending…and if he doesn’t then blame the flyer!

Edited by 18blue78

Thanks for the help Queen_Sindel. Unfortunately I can’t make it again on Sunday but I’ll keep checking for updates.

nosfer2, there was a dealer next to the sporting guests selling sports montage photos and football shirts. They had a massive pile of flyers for Sportsmania.

Hope you can find them.

P.S. nosfer2 I have just noticed your post on another thread. If you haven’t posted on the Everton FC forum yet then you might want to also mention Ray Wilson ‘might’ be attending…and if he doesn’t then blame the flyer!

I've previously posted about Big Nev and Gazza on the Everton forum, I'll see if I can get one of the flyers and then put something up in due course.

Great news! I wonder why it hasn't been confirmed on the site / forum?
SM do it this way sometimes. Possibly as a nice surprise for the attendees at a current event who get to find out about future guests first.

The forum/website will be updated over the next week or so.

Great news! I wonder why it hasn't been confirmed on the site / forum?
SM do it this way sometimes. Possibly as a nice surprise for the attendees at a current event who get to find out about future guests first.

The forum/website will be updated over the next week or so.

Personally I quite like getting flyers at the events that confirm guests for future shows, almost seems like part of the fun of going!

I'm hoping that as there is going to be a pretty full team reunion for this event that there will be some sort of 1966 team photo shoot like last time.

Don't think there were any others that I noticed, but I've not really paid much attention to non football guests!

Was jimmy Greaves mentioned alongside the 66 Final team to attend this year's event?

Could anyone tell me how far from the MK train station the Hall is? Ta!

Was jimmy Greaves mentioned alongside the 66 Final team to attend this year's event?

I don't remember seeing anything about Jimmy Greaves, but keep checking back. Jimmy was at the Sportsmania in Coventry a couple of years ago.

The hall is part of The Centre MK shopping centre. It’s about a 15 minute walk from Milton Keynes Central train station, or there is a frequent bus service.

I'm pretty sure Greaves was on the flyer but he was mentioned as a standalone guest rather than as part of the 66 reunion.

I get the impression that although he will happily sign '66 items, he doesn't like to be too closely identified with the final. I've seen him a few times at events with no England photos at all, last time at CML he only had one England photo and that was from the England Vs The Rest of the World games.

Thanks everyone for the information.

I'm definitely going to this year's Sportsmania. Do guests generally do more than one day? Friday maybe a problem due to work comitments but either Saturday or Sunday will be fine.

I'm hoping for as many Tottenham players as possible. Steve Perryman and Dave Mackay would be great.

I don't remember seeing anything about Jimmy Greaves, but keep checking back. Jimmy was at the Sportsmania in Coventry a couple of years ago.

The hall is part of The Centre MK shopping centre. It’s about a 15 minute walk from Milton Keynes Central train station, or there is a frequent bus service.

We did the 15 minute walk yesterday because we exited the Centre on the side where there were no buses?

How much is the bus fare and what's the frequency of these buses?

EDIT: Bus route numbers as well please :YAHOO:

I'm definitely going to this year's Sportsmania. Do guests generally do more than one day? Friday maybe a problem due to work comitments but either Saturday or Sunday will be fine.

I'm hoping for as many Tottenham players as possible. Steve Perryman and Dave Mackay would be great.

This gets my vote :P

Edited by Not_Pennys_Ship

The last Sportsmania at MK was only a two day thing so I'm not sure how the Friday will work. On the whole it was a bit like the other SM events, some did two days others did one. If I remember rightly the 66 team did both days, although Gordon Banks and Roger Hunt didn't arrive till later in the day on Saturday. A lot of the other guests did just one day though.

There's usually a healthy sprinkling of spurs players so you should be OK from that point of view

Is the 66 team reunion still happening? It seems like we have had a formal announcement of all the other guests mentioned on the flyer given out at CM today except the 66 team.

I know sometimes things change between flyers being printed and contracts being signed etc but it would be useful to know.

Is the 66 team reunion still happening? It seems like we have had a formal announcement of all the other guests mentioned on the flyer given out at CM today except the 66 team.

I know sometimes things change between flyers being printed and contracts being signed etc but it would be useful to know.

They just added an announcement and image of the 66 players on the main site, no thread on the forum as of yet though

Good news, don't think it was on there last time I looked!

I think it was up there just after you posted your comment. lol.

Do you know how much it would be for all 8 players signatures on a shirt? cheers mate