Feedback

Tina197

I just dont get why people still moan when they dont get a free posed photo with a guest at the table , when photoshoots available.

I am sure in deciding which guests to approach SM have to work out how to recover costs and autographs alone wouldnt pay the bill for some of them.................................................... or thats how I see it anyway.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only spent a brief time at the show today because I wanted to get home in time for the football. All in all a good show, did eveything I wanted to do in just over an hour which was a bonus. Monday does seem a good day to avoid the crowds although it has to be said the atmosphere isn't quite the same.

Robert Patrick was great to meet, very chatty and good about quotes etc on photos.

As with last year the sports guests were top class as well, all the ex-Liverpool players I met were friendly and took the time to chat. They seemed steadily busy as well which I was pleased to see as I really like this aspect of the show and would like it to continue.

Only concern for me was Chase Masterson sitting out in the wind and rain, if she catches a cold it could go right to her chest!

The old ones are the best ones!

The only real moan I have is the debarcle with the Alex Kingston photoshoots.

We bought our photoshoot tickets at 9am on Saturday morning and was given ticket 365 which would have been ok had we not then discovered that people who bought their tickets on Sunday were given lower numbers which meant for LONG LONG LONG waits after people who bought their tickets AN ENTIRE DAY AFTER US to get their photographs first. I understand that the staff accidentally used the wrong ticket book on Saturday and gave out the highest numbered tickets to people who should have got their photoshoots before the people who bought them on Saturday.

My issue was resolved and I thank the showmasters team for this, but I know for a fact that this affect MANY MANY other unhappy customers who didn't have their issue resolved and so I felt it was something that needed to be brought up so that, in future, things like this didn't happen again because, as you know, unhappy customers today means lower numbers tomorrow.

Thanks again for a great event

Carole

I was wondering why my friends got tickets in the 100s and me and my sister were right after them in the queue and got tickets in the late 300s. Guess now I know.

I'll write more in the How was your Experience thread, but here I'll give feedback. I was happy that I got to meet Alex, but not so happy with the organisation. I arrived early and queued up in the Alex-specific queue. When we were allowed in Jason was giving out tickets. I said "Hi Jason!" and he asked me to join the queue outside Alex's booth, saying "Don't worry, you'll get a lower ticket number." I noticed that the tickets he was holding were in the 100s. When I got to the booth I was given ticket number 263.:YAHOO: If Jason had given me one of the tickets he was holding I would have been able to get my autographs in the morning while Alex was still doing personalisations. What made it worse was overhearing some people who had been in the other queue boasting that when the show opened they had gone straight to Alex's booth and got really low numbered virtual tickets. Given that was the case, what was the point of having the two separate queues? Alex was lovely and I'm glad I got to meet her, but those things did irritate me.

Not sure how to reply to this...

As far as we at the head of the queue were concerned, there was only the one queue for AK, not two. Did you join the right one? It sounds like you did not. The AK queue started at gate#2 and the main entry queue was at gate#4 and there were signs that pointed to #2 just to the right of #4's door.

When did you arrive, and where were you in the queue? If you were in the correct one but just as it reached the main entrance doors (gate 4?) then you would have easily hit 200s without breaking a sweat. If you consider that some folks must easily have been numbered in the 500+'s then 263 sounds pretty good to me. If you were actually in the wrong queue for AK and so then had to join the end of the correct one, then your 250+ sounds just about right.

My 2c's worth:

I do not understand what people have to justifiably complain about. It is quite simple. If you want to get a low number for a guest, then get there earlier than you would usually do. We knew that AK was going to be insanely popular, we estimated, and arrived accordingly. For us that meant a 5.00am alarm, out the house by 5.45am, down the M1 and into MK by about 6.35am and at the correct gate by 6.50am.

And there was already a young chap waiting there.

Jason did come out and talk but as far as I could see, he did not have any tickets to give...unless that was after he had already spoken to us at the head of the line. He led us into the stadium and set us up at the AK stall and the crew member there started handing out tickets (ours were 1,2 and 3), but it would easily have got to the 100s just getting back to the entrance?

It's not a quiz, or a MENSA entry form. It's simple. It also makes sense and has application to the "NO PHOTOS, NO PERSONALISATIONS" aspect too because people will be less tired and fresher if you see them earlier on. They are more likely to to be responsive at the start, than if they suddenly realise that after two hours they are at person #200 they still have another 600+ plus lunch and a photo-shoot to go.

It's as simple as asking yourself a single question...Just how bothered are you to get a better than average response from the person you really want to see?

I know that it seems harsh, but the truth is that, in general terms...Want better results? Simple, get up earlier.

Miracles may happen if you just wing it all the time, but put the effort into it and you will increase your chances of good results by orders of magnitude.

Thank you Jason, Too Tall, Queen Sindel and all the rest that made this go so well. And, of course, thanks to the guests for coming and making this CM one of the very best so far.

I'm not a moron. I was in the Alex-specific queue (Gate 2, as stated), and even got a taxi from Milton Keynes station to make sure I was there early. I don't have a car so I was reliant on public transport, and the earliest train I could get from Euston was the 8.25am train - as it was a Sunday the Tube only started running around 7.30am, and it was the earliest train I could find listed on National Rail Enquiries.

Attended the show on Saturday and Sunday. I genuinely like the venue and much prefer it to the shopping centre. The only downer was the cold weather (again!) but there's nothing we can do about that. Didnt get soaked by rain which was a bonus! :D

The dealers area was bedlam as per due to the limited space availabe. I can sympathise though as it would be totally impractical to have the dealers area open to the harsh elements!

Sunday was much busier than the Saturday and I must say it was a bit of a slog to get about the venue. Had to avoid being run over by numerous prams and buggies and had to dodge the many 'unscheduled' photoshoot in an effort NOT to ruin them! :wub:

Had a great time and thank you to ALL at the Showmasters organisation :YAHOO:

Well, here's my two cents after spending all three days at the event:

Milton Keynes Stadium - great location; free entry; easy to find and easy to park, plus free buses to the station and Central MK. Plenty of room to walk around. Excellent location.

The Guests - cancellations notwithstanding, a good range of guests; very friendly and accommodating (I managed to get my signings personalilzed), and Robert Patrick was amazing. I did feel sorry for some of the guests who had to suffer the wind and cold though - Chase Masterton must have caught a chill in her outfit!

Food & Drink - all I can say, it's just as well there's a KFC and McDonalds right outside the stadium, because the Stadium's own food outlets were expensive, and there was not much choice at all. The Red Dot bar and restaurant was actually closed for all three days, which is amazing for a venue like this; what a missed opportunity - didn't they realize they had a captive audience of thousands?

Dealer room - it's been a while since I bought anything from one of the dealers stalls, and it's not really my cup of tea. The couple of times I went in there it was far too busy to actually see anything, and everything seemed to be crammed in. Not a criticism though, just not my thing.

All in all I had a great time, and really enjoyed the event. This is the third year I've been to MK Stadium, and I'll definitely be going again - well done Showmasters!

No one is calling you a moron, so calm down.

But you are not making yourself very clear are you...? You said...

I arrived early and queued up in the Alex-specific queue.

You clearly say that you were in the correct line, but then you say this...

When we were allowed in....Jason....asked me to join the queue outside Alex's booth, saying "Don't worry, you'll get a lower ticket number."

...which seems to clearly indicate that you were not, in fact, in the right one and joined it inside. How can you already be in a queue and then join it inside?

Finally, not to put too fine a point on it, but you arrived as soon as you could which is great but still perhaps later than others...but you are then surprised that this meant that others were way ahead of you and you so you were upset at #256? Like I said, and judging by how busy she was going to be...the mid 250s sounds bang-on to me.

Edited by SlippDigby

I'll try to explain it in words of one syllable in the hope that you might understand: When I arrived I established which queue was which. I joined the queue that was for Alex. When the doors opened the queue started moving forward. As I was going through Gate 2 I saw Jason walking down the line handing out tickets. I would have taken a ticket from him directly, but he asked me to proceed to the signing area. When I got to the signing area I was disappointed to discover that the ticket I was given was a higher number than the ones Jason was going down the line and handing out, especially as it meant that I couldn't get to meet Alex until the afternoon, by which time she had been asked to stop doing personalisations. Do you understand me now?

I'm not upset that others were in front of me, what I am upset about is that people who went in through the main gate rather than Gate 2 were allowed to get tickets for her prior to those of us who had queued specifically for her.

Had a fantastic day on Sunday (was planning to come Monday too but couldn't get out of work early enough)

Met Alex Kingston (surprised at all the negative feedback as meet her quite late on and see said hello and asked me where I bought my DW poster from as she liked it and asked me what signatures I had - even though rushed she seemed friendly and it seemed the actual staff were rushing people not her - which is understandable so everyone can get something signed)

John Leeson (again heard negative things about him before but he was very friendly and we chatted for a few minutes and he also asked me what signatures I had on the poster)

Peter Davidson (again a fantastic guest and on top form as usual)

Daniel Logan (I was watching some of the football before going to see him and he actually came up to me and started chatting about the football and the weather - odd, never had a guest come up to me before and start randomly chatting. A really nice guy)

Was planning on popping down today to get some ST stuff signed by Levar, Gates, Nicole and Chase but haven't had the time today sadly to pop back. Absolutely gutted as saw Nicole and Chase had no line at all but didn't have my DS9 poster with me - were Nicole or Chase busy at all over the weekend? I feel bad when I see a guest sitting there with no one visiting them.

Again, really enjoyed myself but thought the organisation for Alex Kingston could have been better - it seemed more of a scrum around her area than an actual line and no one knew what was going on - makes me worry for the upcoming LFCC and Karen Gillan signing - it will be madness!

Also remembering the good old days at the shopping centre (which is no fault of SM) but I feel as though over time the stadium may start putting guests off - don't know if SM could let us know what the actual guests think of the stadium format? I go to all venues and do enjoy going to MK but wish there was a better venue than the stadium (its too exposed to the weather and wind)

But seeing certain guests out in the wind and cold makes me think "will they be back"

Edited by tanusspijek

I just dont get why people still moan when they dont get a free posed photo with a guest at the table , when photoshoots available.

because some people either resent paying the same amount again for a photo or simply can't afford it. But if you follow these events you'll know by now that it's very hit and miss as to whether you'll get a photo at the table. I always assume it's unlikely now and if you do get one it's an added bonus but with limited funds I've been to get the autographs and not been able to go to the photoshoots as well.

Made an exception this time for Tony Head as it was my birthday weekend and actually rather liked the experience, even though he was doing photos at the table later in the day too. So I'll try to budget in for that next time.

because some people either resent paying the same amount again for a photo or simply can't afford it. But if you follow these events you'll know by now that it's very hit and miss as to whether you'll get a photo at the table. I always assume it's unlikely now and if you do get one it's an added bonus but with limited funds I've been to get the autographs and not been able to go to the photoshoots as well.

I think it all's down to the demand of the guest, if there is going to be a high number of attendees expecting wanting that guest auto then I would expect there won't be a pose photo with them. So that they can get through more. Also to accommodate people wishes to have a photo with the guest SM lays on, the option of paying for a photo shot is also there.

If the guest is expecting a low number of attendees wanting there autos, then they will most probably also do over the desk poses.

It is a juggling match for SM to give the attendees what they want. Even if it means that some people miss out on stuff.

cap

I'll try to explain it in words of one syllable in the hope that you might understand: When I arrived I established which queue was which. I joined the queue that was for Alex. When the doors opened the queue started moving forward. As I was going through Gate 2 I saw Jason walking down the line handing out tickets. I would have taken a ticket from him directly, but he asked me to proceed to the signing area. When I got to the signing area I was disappointed to discover that the ticket I was given was a higher number than the ones Jason was going down the line and handing out, especially as it meant that I couldn't get to meet Alex until the afternoon, by which time she had been asked to stop doing personalisations. Do you understand me now?

I'm not upset that others were in front of me, what I am upset about is that people who went in through the main gate rather than Gate 2 were allowed to get tickets for her prior to those of us who had queued specifically for her.

Only going by what you have said matey. If some of it does not make sense then that is your fault not mine. Like this...

Jason was handing out tickets down your line, but somehow singled you out and stopped when he got to you, talked to you for a bit, did not give you a ticket, but then continued on to give tickets to people in the line after you? Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

In fact when Jason spoke to us, he specifically said that the 'main entrance queue not getting in ahead of the 'real' one' was exactly what was not going to happen, that's why they set up the second gate idea in the first place.

So, I am sorry but it is you that is being nonsensical. You are also speaking to me as if I was not right at the start of the queue, which I was. The start of the queue (ie us) went straight to the AK booth and tickets were handed out from there outwards

Perhaps, if it helps, you should try using words of more than one syllable. It will probably still just as contradictory but much more entertaining.

I don't see quite why you are making such a big thing of it.

Edited by SlippDigby

I don't see quite why you are making such a big thing of it.

I was prepared to let it lie. You were the one who criticised what I said. I love Showmasters events and just want to make them better. The reason I gave the feedback in the first place was in the spirit of giving constructive criticism. Everything went smoothly for you. Bully for you. Things didn't go quite so smoothly for me, so I'm making Showmasters aware so that they can avoid this kind of thing happening in the future, which will make the events better for everyone.

You have put words into my mouth that were not there. You were not there when I was so you don't know what happened. Stop acting all smug and superior.

I've been hoping to write about the positive aspects of my weekend but every time I go back to the forums I get more criticism from you. Kindly desist.

Edited by nosfer2

I'm with you on this, I have to say I do try and get both where possible as I know that the pro one tends to come out better than mine does but I also enjoy the pose over the table.

I appreciate that it obviously is more expensive to get photo shoots but in my opinion they're totally worth it and yes they can look similar to everyone else's but hey who cares, you're in it and if you look through some of the threads on here you can see that people personalise this by asking for poses, personally I'm just not brave enough to ask for anything more than a hug!!

On another note though this thread seems to have deviated from feedback into a lets slag off Alex Kingston thread, I had a similar experience with Shannen Doherty and yes I mentioned it when I first got back but wow did I not keep going on about it for ages, at the end of the day we all get different meetings but I saw her queues for signing and photos and I can't blame her for getting a tad cranky (if she was I have no personal experience) cos there is no way I would want to do as many as she got through!!!

Met Alex Kingston (surprised at all the negative feedback as meet her quite late on and see said hello and asked me where I bought my DW poster from as she liked it and asked me what signatures I had - even though rushed she seemed friendly and it seemed the actual staff were rushing people not her - which is understandable so everyone can get something signed)

happy to hear a good experience late on, Alex was lovely and kind to everyone, any bad experience of being rushed ect was caused by a decision by SM to ensure everyone got to meet alex, otherwise lots of ppl might of missed out. given the choice of hundreds missing out or the later ppl not getting a personalization and more time with her, I think they made the right call, and either way, thats not alex's fault, she was brilliant. fantastic, lovely and of course beautiful :lol: she cant be blamed for the amount of ppl that turned up for her or the decision to stop personalization's and still pics later on in the day. or even for being rushed. that was a SM call and I think the right one to ensure everyone got to see her and get an autograph. which everyone who waited in line did. at 16.50 she was open queue, fair enough the show closed at 17.00 lol, but just prooves that if the decision had not been made, large numbers of ppl would of missed out. it also proves that if ppl stayed till the end of show they would of been able to meet her regardless of VT. I understand ppl have transport issues ect, but again thats not alex's fault, so I hope any negativity towards her ends. I cant wait till/if she comes back again (I hope she does)

I think I'm having a bit of a crush tbh. She was absolutely amazing and so stunning. We were second in the queue when she came back from her lunch and the people in front said they hoped she hadn't rushed her lunch and she told them not to be silly. And I thanked her when she signed my photo and she replied and said 'thanks for coming'. Was a it gutted I couldn't get a personalisation but at the end of the day, I got to meet the fantastic Alex and I wouldn't change that for anything :D

Well in my case it's not so much that I'm complaining about not getting the photo, that's fine if I've got a photoshoot with the guest later - like you say, it's a freebie, it's a bonus, although I've had some over the table photos which have been so much better than the photoshoot ones.

What does irritate is seeing the same guest who just refused me posing for other people not long after, even though a sign is now up saying no posed photos which hadn't been there when I asked. Why is it okay for them, but not for me? Or having the guest say yes to a photo but their minder saying no - how does that work? If the idea is to have the minder look like the bad guy rather than the guest, why not just have the minder make sure the guest has a 'no posed photos' sign up in place to start with?

I was expecting a map of the stadium with guest locations, I'm sure we had one in previous years?

Not that I was planning to meet him, but I didn't see Kenny Baker anywhere so was surprised to hear he was there. All I know is that he was somewhere near the dealers.

As odd a venue the stadium is for an event like this, I do quite like it. But I almost lost a couple of my autographs due to gusts of wind. Had I been carrying around a poster at those times I imagine it would've blown away or being damaged by me wrestling with the wind.

I was expecting a map of the stadium with guest locations, I'm sure we had one in previous years?

I thought I saw a proper booklet in one of the bins, didn't go rummaging down there to get it though!

But I almost lost a couple of my autographs due to gusts of wind. Had I been carrying around a poster at those times I imagine it would've blown away or being damaged by me wrestling with the wind.

Was the David Warner/David Blue tent set back up again after the wind utterly demolished it on the Saturday?

Yes there were maps up on walls around the stadium, we consulted them a few times. Not that many mind you, but they were there.

I thought I saw a proper booklet in one of the bins, didn't go rummaging down there to get it though!

But I almost lost a couple of my autographs due to gusts of wind. Had I been carrying around a poster at those times I imagine it would've blown away or being damaged by me wrestling with the wind.

Was the David Warner/David Blue tent set back up again after the wind utterly demolished it on the Saturday?

Didn't see any booklets but then I didn't really ever have a need to go to the organisers booth.

I wasn't there Saturday so didn't see it get demolished, wish I had though :D On Sunday I can't remember if there was actually a tent there or not.

Yes there were maps up on walls around the stadium, we consulted them a few times. Not that many mind you, but they were there.

Ah, I didn't notice any. I looked for one as soon as I walked into the stadium so I knew where to get VTs from, but didn't see any. I was expecting there to be one posted on the forum before the event started too but I didn't see one posted anywhere.

With a guest at the table in digital format, on your own camera or phone, which can uploaded instantly. It's odd in a digital age the photoshoot is still stuck with only the physical copy.

Also if its at the table, it might even have the signed item in shot too. Its proof the item has just been signed.

Doesn't really appeal to me, a few years ago I only got my photo taken (with my camera) with Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels and Billy Dee Williams because they were as good as insisting on it!

I've declined free photoshoots with the likes of Bernard Cribbins, such production line shoots just seem a little artificial to me. But we all go mad in our own ways...

Edited by TerraHawk

Just got back from our 9 hours drive to Aberdeen! Had a really great time- fab line up (best being LeVar, David Blue and Robert Patrick- great guys, very talkative and friendly!)

A couple of people have mentioned the smell in the dealers corridor- think it was caused by the beer? It led to me and my bf nicknaming it the 'Corridor of Farts'. It wasn't the nicest of smells!! :hathor:

Also I noticed that there were a lot of children there this year, which is cool to see if they are enjoying meeting the guests and seeing people dressed up, but it was obvious a lot were bored. Ive been to other events where they've had creches/child care - might be something to consider? We were walking around with expensive signed items and the last thing we needed was kiddies running around our feet and using the hand rails as a play park. Especially when it was really busy (also noticed a couple of lost child announcements) Ive nothing against taking your kids with you, but it might be an idea to have somewhere safe for them to go when you're doing grown up boring things like standing in a queue for 30mins!! :borg: