Feedback

Tina197

Absolutly Fantastic show, really really great!! have been both days so far, and am going tomorrow!! Every Guest that I have met have been fantastic!!! Only fools and Horses today were all so friendly, Robert Patrick, what a top bloke talked to him about his appearance in Lost, he was really chuffed that I asked him about it. Tony Head, was immense today such a fantastic bloke posed for photos at the desk and took the time to talk which was great! Alex Kingston was amazing, I spoke to her about Dr Who, and then her appearance here at CMania, she talked about it to me, saying she was really enjoying herself and that she was hoping to stay in the Convention Circuit, it was a lovely chat wth her, and she let me take pictures of her signing and she was amazing, I loved her!! A Fantastic event!!! The crew were amazing aswell, very helpful!!!

A special must go to Malcolm for dealing with all the Photoshoots over the weekend, so many people to deal with, and I think he deserves a standing Ovation!! well done!!

Thank you SM, a fantastic event!! bring on London!!!!!

:-)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Day Saturday arrived at 9.30 from london:

Got all the auto's I wanted Gates MacFadden - Levar Burton - John and Keegan DeLancie - John Warner - David Blue and Jason Watkins all Great people spent time and all allowed photos Most Posed My Only Low was the Helper that was with John DeLancie, que'd with all the others was not long around 20 25mins and there was only 25 - 30 people behind me. He was happily posing for photo's right upto when I get my items signed ( I purchased 7 auto's from him) and when asked for a posed photo he stood up and the helper said sorry no more photo's John is doing a photo shoot later you can get one then. :blush:

I thought selling photo shoots didn't stop people from taking there own one but I must be wrong If they are selling a photo shoot they must think they can sell more if the peolpe that are getting signatures cant get one at the table. Correct me if im wrong but I/We the Public make these events work (I know without you planning them there would be no event) but without US the events would not work. Getting a photo IF THE GUEST IS WILLING should surely be upto the guest. This makes the day that bit more special.

My Wife actualy got a photo of me with him but obviously because of the Helper saying no it was not as good as it could have been. and as my wife took the picture John gave us a thumbs up. :D

I've had a very pleasant 2 days at the event, and the highlight is Alex Kingston, I had a lowish photoshoot number ( 189 ) and when I met her, she did mention that she was somewhat overwhelmed at the number of people queueing to meet her. Which is perfectly understandable given this is her first signing event.

I believe she was personalizing in the morning, but this usually does get stopped when they realise just how many people there are waiting to meet her.

Two oberservations so far though,

1 the queue outside for Alex Kingston got so long it started mixing with the normal entry queue , and no crew were outside to keep the public right on what was what.

2. The American food stall had no Mountain Dew at all, Showmasters get accused for everything else outwith their control, so just thought I'd add to this !! lol :blush:

I had a great weekend, and don't really have any complaints to be honest. Everyone I met was truly wonderful and took the time to chat, take photos and personalise my autos!!!

Dean Lennox Kelly was the absolute highlight of my weekend, he was so funny and charming and certainly kept everyone entertained, I have some great comments on my pics, PLEASE get him back in the future :blush:

I also had a lovely short (if somewhat random) conversation with Gates Mcfadden in the lift about our crappy British weather and how the wind is good for your complexion makes your cheeks red so no need for blusher was her take on it!!!!!!

So thank you Showmasters I had a great time and can't wait for LFCC!!!!!!!!! :D

Edited by ericsdonor

I'll do the full thing later but 2 words Alex Kingston. Left her to it when we saw no photos AT ALL and no personlistation on the photos, I was not hanging around for three more hours for something I could have brought from the dealers!

While Alex was fine with me so don't agree with the other posters post, I will admit the photos did run out quick for her!

I had a look while she was doing her shoot, to see what the selection was or if I needed to go buy something else, and was loads there. When I finally went back an hour or so after she had got back, most had run out so was hardly any to choose from, so I only got one auto in the end instead of two as the others I wanted had run out.

I thought Alex was absoloutely lovely, she commented on my dress twice, once when she was signing my poster and monopoly, and once in the photoshoot.

She also said ' Oh Lovely!' when I went back to get my photograph signed,

She seemed so friendly, and even later on in the day it looked as if she was having a good time!

I don't think she expected such a large number of people wanting to meet her, but to be honest she is such an amazing actor!

The whole weekend was lovely, I got all the autographs that I wanted, and really fast aswell! We even left early on the saturday which I was not expecting. The photograph from the Alex Kingston shoot came back so fast aswell!

Overall I feel that it was an amazing weekend, and it was a shame I couldn't stay for the monday. I met loads of lovely people that I got photographs with and ended up having a Doctor Who photoshoot with all the cosplayers at the end which was a lovely way to finish the weekend for me.

Thank you showmasters :)

most of the time i would agree with other fans about things like this.

but i also met her today. and yes she wasnt saying much at all. and we were a bit mift that it was no photos and no dedications. BUT she was very popular and towards the end she was being rushed.

they stoped doing the tickets and just let anyone in by the end. her helper was taking pictures from people and pasing them to her, signin them then pasing them back.

i dont think alex was having a good time.

i dont think it was all her fault

I understand that if the guests are pushed for time then no dedications / personalizations .

But a quick 'Hi' or 'Thanks' etc isnt asking much is it?

Maybe its because we didnt fork out any more money for a photshoot...

Edited by Kingy68

• Moderators

Again this comes down to either getting everyone through, or leaving lots disappointed by having a guest spend time with them. It's always a tough call, but I think more people getting SOMETHING has to be good.

Alex seemed lovely during her photo shoot and I heard many good things from my friends who got her auto. I decided against it towards the end because I wanted it personalised, but that's personal choice and I wasn't annoyed about it.

Jason Watkins was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better meet. Same with Tony Head who is always fantastic and Robert Patrick as nice as I remember him being back in 2004 when I met him elsewhere.

Overall I was very impressed with the lineup, and the guests I chose to met. Yes, there were a few losses but I look forward to getting them in future. And it was great to see everyone from Showmasters, the crew, and loads of forum people. I didn't get to see all I hoped to, so we'll have to make up for that at LFCC :P

I was lucky to meet Alex first thing so had my autograph personalized - she also wrote "Hello Sweetie" on it.

Dean Lennex Kelly and Jason Watkins were both talkative and fantastic.

Le Var Burton was one of my favourite guests - fantastic guy, also Robert Patrick also excellent and genuine.

I was lucky to meet Alex first thing so had my autograph personalized - she also wrote "Hello Sweetie" on it.

Dean Lennex Kelly and Jason Watkins were both talkative and fantastic.

Le Var Burton was one of my favourite guests - fantastic guy, also Robert Patrick also excellent and genuine.

Everyone we met made time for us and we had a nice chat with each and I must say something about my earlier comment about Alex, I am sure she was lovely and I can't comment on it as I never met her, if we had more things to do or staying over another night, we may well of stayed to get her sign something but we couldn't justify the wait for just her I am afraid, but well done to those that did and I am glad you had the chance x

had a great time at collectermania,Alex Kingston smiled at me when i asked her if her hands where aching at 3.00 this afternoon, and she rubbed her wrist and said ''thank you its not too bad at moment but they are starting too a bit''. i though she was really nice considering what she was having to contend with.On the whole all the guests were great and memories of discussing with Robert Englund about how he loved seeing Hammer Horror films when he was younger, and Peter Davison discussing the longleat convention when i last met him in 1983 are going to live with me forever.Not to mention John Leeson doing his k9 voice and making me feel as if i was 12 again. it was not perfect with organisation with alex Kingston not prepared for the ammount of people wanting to see her, but that was not the fault of the stressed out staff left to sort it all out. Hopefully the management will learn from those mistakes made with the popular guests

My family and I went to Collectormania on Saturday, stayed at a very nice hotel nearby, and went back today as well. Great weekend, managed to get all the autographs we wanted.

This was the first one I'd been to since the days of the Shopping Centre, and I did prefer it back there, as most of the event was out in the open and freezing cold!

I would like to know who the individual was that dropped the stinkbomb in the only warm area of the venue though! The disgusting smell was still there this morning!

When arriving yesterday at mid-day after the long drive there, I was surprised to find nearly ALL the guests were at lunch, all at the same time! We simply collected our VQ tickets and drove off to a McDonalds some distance away for a while and came back later.

Today we were quite surprised, to find that at the back of the stadium, was a McDonalds, a KFC, and an entrance from the car park that went straight into the event, rather than via a lift!

Met Alex Kingston this afternoon, it was a bit rushed, no photos, but had the opportunity to speak to her.

All the time we had the bonus of being able to watch a few football matches free of charge!

Thanks to all the staff for their hard work and keeping everything moving.

LeVar was fabulous. Have to agree. Had a great chat with him, really welcoming and seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the day. David Blue was something else as well, spent ages chatting to people, truely seemed to apreciate everyone coming and wrote a lovely long dedication on my photo.

Gates McFadden I found a little distant at first but she had only just come back from the photoshoot and I know how she doesn't like flash photos, so maybe that had didn't help but once i'd asked the first question she was lovely and took time to go into quiet some detail.

Robert Englund, brilliant. I'm not really a horror fan but the guy is a legend and I met him late in the day after hearing others speak well of him. He seemed a bit distracted by how long there was left but once we got chatting he was extremely interesting and obviously so enthusiastic about the industry. I'm a fan of Bones and he was great chatting about the episode he'd done and the other actors, also his thoughts on the V remake etc.

Tony Head was also great. Last time I met him it was all a bit rushed but this time he was personalising, finding time to say a few things and happy to pose for a photo, though he looks scared in mine for some reason. Glad I got a photoshoot as well.

Didn't arrive til late (11ish) and wasn't expecting great things from the initial lineup and cancellations but other than it being too late to get my Tony Head photoshoot pic signed when I collected it and not finding what I wanted in the dealer room I actually had a good day. Nice to have some footie to watch too when waiting around.

Hope those going tomorrow have a good time and everyone you meet is just as nice.

I just want to add positive comments about Alex Kingston. When me and 3 of my friends came out from the photoshoot we were some of the happiest people alive. This was because of how much of a great person she was even in those few seconds. I had VT number 80 for her in the autographs but waited until the afternoon to see how my photoshoot came out and so my friends could go at the same time and again she was lovely to all of us. She was one of the nicest people I have ever met and would not regret meeting her again. I just want to add my thanks to Showmasters for getting her to the event.

Got to the venue early so the VT was in the late 50s when met Alex and she was very friendly. My son wanted a photo and she signed it to Dominic, Hello Sweetie, talked about his hoodie top and chatted about the new series. She was also very friendly to the people in front. She also recognised him at the photoshoot and said hello again. Thus shame that things didnt go well later in the day.

This was only my 2nd event after the London show last autumn so all a bit new but got the hang of it,and the Showmasters team are very helpful and friendly. Dont like the venue (too cold and dealers area too cramped) but once again the stars were really friendly so a very enjoyable day. My soin was very pleased with John Leeson and Peter Davidson. Will be back again, thanks for making it happen.

My big draws for this CM were the Phelps twins, Robert Patrick and Alex Kinston and each of them was fantastic!! The twins are really chatty and friendly as was Robert, who is so warm and welcoming. I saw Alex 3 times during the day: very early on for autographs, later for the photo shoot and in the afternoon for another autograph (Gold Pass - thank you!!) and each time she was lovely. We chatted about ER, the Chelsea Flower show and her appearance on Graham Norton. Lovely woman, hope she comes back again.

I thought Alex Kingston was awesome ! Even though she was sooooo crazy busy and rushed she handled everything with class and she was super nice !! So 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up from me ! :(

I also met Nicole De Boer who was equally lovely and seemed to find me hilarious for some reason - lol I guess it was something I said !! :(

Also Anthony Head who was delightful and super nice again !

David Blue rounded off the day for me and he was great ! Really happy to chat and again just super nice !!

So on the whole I'm very pleased - that was my first Collectormania MK and I definitely enjoyed it !

Edited by angelstorm

I was planning on attending both Saturday and today unfortuntly couldn't make today :( so im a bit gutted about missing out on meeting Anthony head and Shauna Macdonald so please get them back soon

Also would like to say thanks to SM for putting the free buses on as they were a big help to people like me who had to use public transport, it was the first time I had to use the free bus service as I usually have a lift to the stadium

also do agree with Lizzy, mega and Kinggodzillak about what they have said regarding posed photos and the photoshoots like Lizzy I never ask if there is a sign up (as like Lizzy said its not nice if you get a no) and the no posed pics signs have increased since the photoshoots started and although it didn't happen to me personally though I did see it happening I dont think its very good for some of the crew to be telling some of us that we cant have a picture but then plugging the paid photoshoots (i.e "xx is doing a photo shoot later you can get one then)or having a guest as what happend to Lizzy saying to them "they cant have a pic cos they've been told to plug the photoshoots" as like mega said its us that make the event work and personally like others I think it should be up to the guest themselves and some of us dont have the money for both autos and photos all the time (dont have any issue as it didn't happen to me but think it was worth talkin about it) as personally I think plugging the photshoots in this way will just end up driving people away from buying them as like others personally I wouldn't proberbly buy a photoshoot unless I really wanted the pic if it was promoted in this way (and yes I do often buy photoshoots)

anyway had a good day didn't get to meet everyone I had planned too (due to not being able to attend sunday and lack of cash!) dealers area was good but packed as usual and dont think anything can really be done about the space in there and anyway heres a bit about who I met

Firstly I met Nicole de boer, who I had been wanting to meet for a while, again Nicole had the no posed photos sign up so I didn't bother to ask. Nicole was nice enough but very quiet (which I understand she was with most people) said to her that I enjoyed both the dead zone and star trek that she had been in although didn't get much of a reply but that may have been down to Nicole being quiet/shy? but it was nice to meet her and am still glad I did :) Nicole signed a star trek pic for me and added a small heart to her sig (will upload my pics/autos later)

then I met Gates Mcfadden who was a little reserved (which I was kind of expecting to be honest after reading about that flash photography triggers migraines for her) but she was nice enough and she seemed happy that I enjoyed all of the star treks that she had been in :)

Then I met Nick Moran who actually ended up making my day maybe a little more than the star trek guests as he was so nice with everyone and hapily posed for a picture as he signed a hp picture for me and was happy to talk about all the projects he has done and seemed to be having a really nice time meeting everyone

finally I met Christopher Ryan - General Staal and he was really nice to meet and had a chat about his dr who character and also asked him about the rumour of his characters return to dr who but he said its the first he has heard about General Stall coming back so if the character does come back it will proberbly be a different soltarian that the dr encounters, hapilly allowed a photo too and signed my pic "Sonta ha!" and added his character name too :)

like I said would have gone today if I had been able to as I wanted to meet Robert patrick (couldn't meet him saturday due to cash issues lol,) Anthony Head, Shauna Macdonald, alex kingston (although as i now know she wasant doing personalisations/pics im hapy to wait till another time) colin baker & peter davidson (and dont think I can make tommorrow morning to meet Anthony Head) so bring them back soon please

edit - finally forgot to mention all the great cosplayers that I saw at the stadium - all your costumes were great!

Edited by -Craig-

most of the time i would agree with other fans about things like this.

but i also met her today. and yes she wasnt saying much at all. and we were a bit mift that it was no photos and no dedications. BUT she was very popular and towards the end she was being rushed.

they stoped doing the tickets and just let anyone in by the end. her helper was taking pictures from people and pasing them to her, signin them then pasing them back.

i dont think alex was having a good time.

i dont think it was all her fault

I understand that if the guests are pushed for time then no dedications / personalizations .

But a quick 'Hi' or 'Thanks' etc isnt asking much is it?

Maybe its because we didnt fork out any more money for a photshoot...

Did you take into account she could have been tired or that you could have said hello and initiated a conversation with her?

also do agree with Lizzy, mega and Kinggodzillak about what they have said regarding posed photos and the photoshoots like Lizzy I never ask if there is a sign up (as like Lizzy said its not nice if you get a no) and the no posed pics signs have increased since the photoshoots started and although it didn't happen to me personally though I did see it happening I dont think its very good for some of the crew to be telling some of us that we cant have a picture but then plugging the paid photoshoots (i.e "xx is doing a photo shoot later you can get one then)or having a guest as what happend to Lizzy saying to them "they cant have a pic cos they've been told to plug the photoshoots" as like mega said its us that make the event work and personally like others I think it should be up to the guest themselves and some of us dont have the money for both autos and photos all the time (dont have any issue as it didn't happen to me but think it was worth talkin about it) as personally I think plugging the photshoots in this way will just end up driving people away from buying them as like others personally I wouldn't proberbly buy a photoshoot unless I really wanted the pic if it was promoted in this way (and yes I do often buy photoshoots)

My all-time fave photo of me with a guest is a posed one, not a photoshoot one. As good as those are everyone's is going to be the same, more or less, and if they're going to start saying "No, go buy a photoshoot ticket" then that's a bit of shame.

And yet we have David Warner (who was also doing a photoshoot) posing for photos at his desk no problem despite being much busier than either John or Nicole. Chase Masterson was at least asking for charity donations in exchange for a posed photo, that seemed reasonable enough...

chase was taking donations? she didnt say anything to me and I didnt notice, why do I never notice the donations box, was there one? I feel guilty now.

when I asked she said are you here tomorrow, I said oh yes, Ive got a photo with you booked and I had one yesterday also, im just greedy lol, she said you are so sweet, and she got up for me, awesome, gorgeous woman. very fan friendly also.

Edited by timelord81r

I dropped in on Saturday with the intention of just meeting Robert Englund and Peter Davison (but of a quiet event for me in terms of guests). Sadly the Peter Davison reschedule meant I'll have to wait until next time to meet him, but Robert Englund was great, definitely well worth the wait. More V guests please!

In the meantime, I'll look forward to LFACC... lots of guests on the list for me there :YAHOO: