Feedback

Tina197

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could change my forum name. It made sense about something years ago but seems a bit silly now.
You can. You need to e-mail Showmasters or Queen Sindel (e-mail in her profile) with the details.

Edit: Snap. Again. Sigh ;)

Edited by 1of2

I had a nice 3 days. Used the quiet Monday to hoover up signatures for Levar Burton, Gates McFadden, Chase Masterson and Nicole De Boer and catch them while they were quiet. Levar gently showed me the autograph before handing it over and said that he hoped I would enjoy it and wished me a good day, when i replied saying thanks and 'Take Care' he seems genuinely touched that I had said that other than the usual thanks. He seemed a really nice guy. Had a chat with Chase about my home town of Ipswich, she asked what it had going for it - I said nothing much and she said she would keep her fingers crossed! Kept the crew member happy!

Photo shoots were handled well. The male photographer (Malcolm?) kept us singing on the Sunday while we waited for Levar Burton and then introduced him as he came in the room - he looked a little shocked!

Usual weather conditions for the stadium - don't get me wrong I love the stadium as a venue - but a few had a moan and Nicole De Boer referred to it as 'interesting' (!).

The dealer room was packed and as luck would have it whenever I wanted to look at something in particular, someone would get in the way! ;)

Met a nice couple of people in the Chase Masterson shoot, an Irish chap who we kept bumping into during the weekend (never did get his name but said we would hopefully see at LFCC) and Leanne (?) who later Cosplayed as Baby Doll (?). Both were nice down to earth people and good for a chat!

Two highlights for me - 1) Chase Masterson's photo shoot, she asked my name as I approached (as she did with everyone else) and actually remembered it afterward as I walked away - pretty good considering the amount of people having pics. 2) Robert Patrick remembering my mum about 2 hours after the photo shoot - she has loved him since the X-Files and that made her weekend!

Sorry for OT:

I wish I could change my forum name. It made sense about something years ago but seems a bit silly now.

Drop me a line at the e-mail in my profile. I can change your forum name for you if you want.

Email sent. Many thanks. Might confuse one or two but i use another id else where so want to make it all consistent now.

You can. You need to e-mail Showmasters or Queen Sindel (e-mail in her profile) with the details.

Edit: Snap. Again. Sigh ;)

You two do seem to keep jumping in at the same time to help people. Seen it elsewhere. Many thanks anyway for trying to be first.

My Alex Kingston autograph was un-personalised but to be honest with you that doesn't matter to me one bit.

My friend and I went to get our autographs together, and he had 3 to get signed, I only had the one (He seems to have unlimited funds at con's, lucky beggar) so we had a few minutes to talk to her. As she was signing, I told her that we had to apologise to her for keeping her from her taxi on the Saturday of last week when we saw her outside the Wyndham Theatre in London. She looked up at us and said "Oh that was YOU!!" with a MASSIVE smile on her face. I told her I was worried she was going to spot us and ask us for X amount of pounds for the cab and she laughed and said to me "That's why you're wearing the wig!" (I was dressed as Donna Noble at the time) She also commented on the beautiful hand drawn picture that we asked her to sign, was very complimentary about our cosplay outfits and seemed generally happy to meet us... All in all, pretty much my guest of the weekend.

Seriously,

What are Alex Kingston or her representatives going to think if they keep reading all the negatives that people are putting up here?

Hopefully, they will see that it is not aimed at AK herself, but with some folks here it can be hard to tell. It should be down to the guests if they do 'photos at the table' I suppose, at least in theory...but the reality is that SM as a company, has to account for the satisfaction of the majority of its attendees. If that means that they have to introduce a cut-off point for personalisations/non-posed pix then so be it.

And good grief, whilst some of the complainers are new comers so by that reckoning you can allow them the lack of knowledge, a fair amount of the moaning has come from CM veterans that really should know better as, one way or another, the cut-off point always comes into it somewhere.

It's not as if it is a new introduction or anything!

To all the people that have moaned...a simple piece of advice that will solve most (not all mind you, but certainly most) problems...

Think of the earliest time that you can get there to the event, allowing for travel....

Then actually get there a full hour (minimum) before that!

99% of most of the problems solved right there. And YES it REALLY is that simple.

Edited by SlippDigby

• Moderators

Just a random question - did we have signs saying where the free bus was picking up outside the stadium?

I saw many people standing outside the main entrance when it was picking up outside KFC which meant they kept having to run over every time it arrived.

I wasn't sure if there were signs which had been missed by a lot of people, or if it wasn't specifically stated anywhere?

I was lucky to meet Alex first thing so had my autograph personalized - she also wrote "Hello Sweetie" on it.

Dean Lennex Kelly and Jason Watkins were both talkative and fantastic.

Le Var Burton was one of my favourite guests - fantastic guy, also Robert Patrick also excellent and genuine.

have to agree with you about dean and jason, i waited ages to see dean, well worth the wait!!!!

Just a random question - did we have signs saying where the free bus was picking up outside the stadium?

I saw many people standing outside the main entrance when it was picking up outside KFC which meant they kept having to run over every time it arrived.

I wasn't sure if there were signs which had been missed by a lot of people, or if it wasn't specifically stated anywhere?

Unfortunately, it wasn't clear.

Luckily we saw the bus approaching and we ran and caught it.

Seriously,

What are Alex Kingston or her representatives going to think if they keep reading all the negatives that people are putting up here?

Hopefully, they will see that it is not aimed at AK herself, but with some folks here it can be hard to tell. It should be down to the guests if they do 'photos at the table' I suppose, at least in theory...but the reality is that SM as a company, has to account for the satisfaction of the majority of its attendees. If that means that they have to introduce a cut-off point for personalisations/non-posed pix then so be it.

And good grief, whilst some of the complainers are new comers so by that reckoning you can allow them the lack of knowledge, a fair amount of the moaning has come from CM veterans that really should know better as, one way or another, the cut-off point always comes into it somewhere.

It's not as if it is a new introduction or anything!

To all the people that have moaned...a simple piece of advice that will solve most (not all mind you, but certainly most) problems...

Think of the earliest time that you can get there to the event, allowing for travel....

Then actually get there a full hour (minimum) before that!

99% of most of the problems solved right there. And YES it REALLY is that simple.

I agree with you. She was brilliant and in fairness did try to please everyone which as we know from this forum is impossible :P

One of the down sides to the weekend was the amount of people that were holding up the q's so that they could give their life stories to the stars - in my opinion a 1 minute hello and question and a thank you would be great but some people are there for ages and this doesn't help.

Also there were alot of attendees just standing around and blocking q's, stopping in the middle of the comncourse and blocking it. I can't count the amount of times I had my photo taken by attendees that were vlocking corridors to take pictures of the guests but were not willing to pay for them.

I wish these people would stop moaning about the personalization thing - at the end of the day, isn't it better that you met Alex and had an autograph? Does it really matter whether your name is on it?

How dare these people expect extra on an auto, even if it does make it more special to them! LoL Each to their own.

The only thing people are complaining about is the personalisation thing, she was a delightful guest, so sunny and smiley. Brilliant to have her, and everyone is saying we need to get her back as she was so popular.

I was going specifically for Alex Kingston, and the queue outside was just amazing. I started to think I didn't have a chance at getting a photo or auto, but ended up with VQ350ish which didn't sound so bad. It seems the most apparent way to sort out the time issue would have been to have her for both Saturday and Sunday - I'm guessing this wasn't possible for some reason?

FWIW I got my photo and auto, without any personalisation. I waited for the photo to come back so I could have it signed so I didn't get the auto till about 4 - I imagine if they hadn't stopped the personalisations then I may not have gotten the auto at all, so I'm much happier with a compromise.

Tricky situation for her really, if she could only spare the one day. I suppose the other option would be for her to wait for another event when she could make 2+ days, whenever that could be. And then it'd probably be something like LFCC where I expect there'll be many times as many people, so it'd end up being the same situation to handle volumes.

Guess it's just the cost of being popular :YAHOO:

• Moderators

I doubt they'll ever take the 'well, we'll wait until..' approach. Far too many things can happen. They have to get guests when they can.

Certainly better to have her for one day here than never get her.

whats all this about alex leaving early? I walked past alex at about 16.50! she was still signing with about 10 ppl in the tent and had an open queue, so 10 minutes before show closed she was there! she didnt leave early with ppl waiting for an auto.

I really find it hard to understand why some ppl seem to have a dislike for alex after this show, she was amazing.

although I disagree, I can understand some ppl being upset at how SM changed it to no dedications ect to get everyone through but thats not alex's fault!

My wife heard someone say at 3pm that if we wanted Alex's autograph we had to go then and there. It was at that time they were putting up the no photos signs, and there was a big rush for the tent as others had been told the same thing. By that time the numbers were up to 450, we were slightly later than that.

One point was that one of the ladies at the tent took our VQ tickets and tore them up, and whilst in the queue we were asked for them again by someone else, and I had to tell him that the lady round the corner had torn our tickets up, fortunately he believed us!

We also were told that Karen Gillan was going to Collectormania on Sunday by another member of staff, when it turns out she's actually going to LFCC!

A few communication problems around the stadium, but at least we obtained all our autographs in the end.

I doubt they'll ever take the 'well, we'll wait until..' approach. Far too many things can happen. They have to get guests when they can.

Certainly better to have her for one day here than never get her.

Couldn't agree more.

My feedback for this event is....

I really think that this has been the best CM in a few years. A personal thing of course, but none the less, to us it has certainly been the best since being held at the stadium.

For us there just seemed to be the exactly right mix of returning guests and new ones. Our highlights were...

Danny Logan was superb, a great young fellow clearly having the time of his life!

Gates McFadden and her 10,000watt smile at me in the merchandise area.

Meeting the OF&H gang.

Levar Burton's knee appeal, a great laugh!

John Leeson going into K9 mode for my son.

Robert Patrick spontaniously acknowledging me and growling "HI!" in his distinctive voice as he walked by.

Meeting TWO Doctors Who and finally being able to thank PD personally for answering my fan mail when I was younger.

Jason and TooTall being stars.

Meeting such a class act as David Warner. Great bloke.

Finally completing my YOUNG ONES quad of autos, another pair of great blokes.

And meeting the sexiest and classiest lady...EVER(official)...Alex Kingston who was a sheer delight from start to finish.

My only question is, how will you top it next year? There's a tough one!

I crewed this weekend, and had the best time ever!!

Saturday I was David Hirsts GA, what a fab man who kept me amused all day!

Sunday I done abit of a mix.. Organisers Booth, queue management outside before opening, and Alex Kingstons Photoshoot queue.

I thought the queuing before opening went quite well, the majority of people just got on with it and needed little assistance and listened to me bellowing at them to go to Gate 2 for Alex Kingston. When the gates opened though some just pushed straight in at the front which I thought was slightly cheeky but I put a stop to that the second i realised...

Alex Kingstons PS queue, wow, never seen one that long before!! But also the majority of people were great so no real problems there!

Only got autographs with 2 guests, Fred Lehne and Robert Englund. Fred I love, only met him a couple weeks ago but he's such a fantastically kind man that I had to see him again. I had a good chat with him about when we met, his recent travels and the fantastic singer Jason Manns which I am seeing tonight, and he asked me to pass a message onto him for him.

Robert Englund, well the blokes a legend!! Decided at the last second to get my auto booked signed by him too and he drew me a great pic in it. I also got my Supernatural poster signed by him and he told me about how his wife was gutted she couldn't go with him when he filmed the episode as she's in love with Jared! This then led onto a conversation about the Gilmore Girls and also that he might be coming back to do another episode of SPN :o:D

I had PShoots over the weekend with the Phelps boys, Alex Kingston, Robert Englund, Fred Lehne and Anthony Head.. All where fab, so polite with special note going to Robert Englund for his planning of the pic (he yanked my hair round the glove and told me to be scared :lol: ) and also Fred Lehne who remembered me by name from the Auto session so that made my day!!

One thing that really made me laugh was walking past Kenny Baker seeing him drinking Smirnoff Ice and then later seeing him asleep in his chair at the auto desk :lol::(

Jeez a slightly long post..

All in all, I had an AMAZING time and can't wait to do it all over again at LFCC!!

x

I´ve made my way from Germany to my first Con ever and I´m really pleased.

Was very nice and extremely well organized - thanks Showmasters.

Guests were great. John de Lancie was very friendly and Gates MacFadden was really nice and lovely!

She tried to chat to me but due to my (really, really) bad english I´ ve had some troubles.

Shame on me!! Next time I´ll be prepared with some extra english lessons :D

As always, everything was amazing and brilliant and so well run!

Thank you all of the crew! :thumbup: We love you!

The main issue is still 'the hall isnt done' and over the weekend I thought of this: How many of the thousands of people at the con know even the basics of carpentry/building, let alone doing it as a job?

Couldnt we band together and get the hall done :P The stadium obviously dont have the money/effort needed to get it done anytime soon :rolleyes:

I was expecting a map of the stadium with guest locations, I'm sure we had one in previous years?

Not that I was planning to meet him, but I didn't see Kenny Baker anywhere so was surprised to hear he was there. All I know is that he was somewhere near the dealers.

As odd a venue the stadium is for an event like this, I do quite like it. But I almost lost a couple of my autographs due to gusts of wind. Had I been carrying around a poster at those times I imagine it would've blown away or being damaged by me wrestling with the wind.

There was a couple around sunday, but didnt notice any saturday, and the sunday ones were still up on the monday!

Only noticed Kenny Baker late sunday I think it was hidden away in the dealers area, but he was on the main 'through' part, so if you veered off into the hall area, you'd have missed him.

As for the wind blowing away things, did actually see a few people have to go running off after autographs, and found a pile of photoshoot photos someone had dropped on the floor monday which were handed in to the organisers booth and thankfully claimed shortly after.

I didnt see any, but people seemed to realise when they saw it stopping over there. Seemed an odd place to pick up and drop off!

I only met him for about 5 minutes but you are right he was fantastic. Seemed pleased when I asked him to sign a Holby City card.

I was going to meet him for Holby, but he had run out of cards and didnt have any 8x10's from it, so didnt get an auto in the end :(

whats all this about alex leaving early? I walked past alex at about 16.50! she was still signing with about 10 ppl in the tent and had an open queue, so 10 minutes before show closed she was there! she didnt leave early with ppl waiting for an auto.

I too was there when she finally left at 5pm, as everyone was leaving.

Regarding my own thoughts/feedback, not bad an event, and cant really think of much to mention about at the moment, however I do have one query/complaint about Alex Kingstons signing! And this time its all SM's fault :jason:

What on earth happened to all the photos on the payment table?? I was VQ 188, but she had only got up to 150 that I saw before needing to go off for photoshoots. After my Alex photoshoot, I went to have a look at the photos available and saw they had LOADS on the table to choose from. No problem I thought, and decided to get two when I went through, maybe even three as there was a 'western' cast shot there..came back not long after Alex had come back from lunch, and as my number was up, went through for mine. By that point was no personalisations,but that WASNT a problem. However, they only had 2 ER photos, 2 Dr who and one or two other shots I think it was left. None of the shots id seen before and decided on were left, so in the end I only had one auto from her as my VQ had been handed in so I couldnt go back out to the dealers and get something, and there was only one shot left I liked enough to choose!

From what ive heard since though, it sounds like a lot of people with their own items to get signed, still picked up an 8x10 for themselves which is why they prob run out so fast.

Edited by crippsy_99

From what I was told, there were no 10 by 8 shots from Holby City - Guy himself brought the cards with him just in case.

I paid for 5 autographs from Alex. I brought 2 items to sign and picked up 3. I never take extra pictures from the deskl just in case they ran out as I remember something similar happening with Brandon Routh a few years ago.

Edited by reddragon