Feedback

Tina197

Here's a thread to post your photos and feedback of the weekend. :D

Edit by 1of2: It will probably be easier to follow if the photos are kept in a separate thread so I will rename this one.

Edited by 1of2

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, it has been a brilliant first day. We have met Robert Patrick, Daniel Logan, David Warner, Nigel Planer, Chris Ryan, Gates McFadden, Levar Burton (who said that I had great knees?) and Sir Stirling Moss.

Tomorrow we will be meeting Alex Kingston (also Photo-Shoot with her), Photo-Shoot with the "Fools and Horses" Trio, John Leeson, Colin Baker and Peter Davidson so our day will be a bit more spaced out.

Every single star we met today has been terrific and we had great chats with all of them. Everyone was happy to be there and friendly.

I will put up pix after tomorrow's meetings.

Roll-on On SUNDAY!!!!

Was a little miffed about the late cancellation of Lester Piggott and Christy O’Connor…but hey, these things happen. With nothing posted on the web site/forum I hope it was just down to other commitments and nothing serious.

Peter Shilton was very talkative, chatting to everyone and posing for photos. And it was good to see a sizeable queue for Sir Stirling Moss who also looked to be enjoying himself despite the cool wind.

With a little extra cash available (due to the cancellations) I got a couple of Star Wars autographs. The pick of them being Daniel Logan who was another guest that seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself with the fans.

It was nice to see the show pulling in a lot of punters even with some big names withdrawing at the last minute. As usual the dealers room was packed and I saw a few pricy items being bought so business seemed to be good.

Overall another great Collectormania…although when are you guys going to organise some decent Bank Holiday weather?!!!

I've not been back in very long but I had an awesome day! My thanks go to Showmasters, the crew, the guests I met and some lovely people I met.

This was the first con I'd been to since they were moved from CMK to the stadium and I was really impressed with the layout, timing and organisaton. It was a lot easier to move around and a lot less packed than I thought it would be.

Nigel Planer was a lot quieter than I thought he'd be but he was very friendly and I jogged his memory on a few Young Ones moments that he'd forgotten about.

The main person I went to see was Robert Patrick after I last saw him in 2004. A big thanks to the very kind man who gave me his ticket with a lower number at about half 3- If you get to read this, I'm so grateful to you because otherwise I would've had to have left because I'm moving out of my flat in the next few days. Robert was signing quite slowly throughout the day but he took a decent amount of time to talk to everybody and was was very genuine. Totally made my day!!

Photos coming in the next few days when I've got my camera cable and scanned in the pics I had taken.

Edited by hannah_dru

All guests I met were fantastic; plenty of chances for a brief chat, photo and personalised auto.

-Peter Shilton: we talked about the "infamous" goal by Maradona. He spotted my Italian accent (not so difficult to do, anyway), he remembered Italy 90 as one of his fondest memories. Posed for a photo at the table.

-Trevor Francis: I appreciated he made the effort to speak some Italian he learnt when he played for Sampdoria. Posed for a photo at the table.

-David Warner: very nice, we briefly commented about how disturbing The Omen is - best horror movie ever. Posed for a photo at the table.

-Phelps twins: they took the time to chat to everyone and posed very nicely for a photo at the table.

-Robert Englund: we all know how special he is with every fan. We talked about a movie he shot in Sicily (Il ritorno di Cagliostro) and he recalled how positive his experience was, especially the beauty of the place and the food. Very nice to hear that considering that Sicily (my homeland) is often remembered for other things. No posed photos but you could take a picture while he was signing or chatting.

-Robert Patrick: although he had a huge queue he managed to greet everyone and do personalisations. He funnily played arm wrestling with my 7 years old son and chatted with him which was nice. No posed photos but you could take a picture while he was signing or chatting.

Thank you showmasters and all the crew and volunteers for organising another quality event.

All stars i have met today were great first i met was Trevor Francis was great then met Peter Shilton what a brillian bloke had a good chat with him then i met Nick Moran he was also brilliant Levar Burton was also brill had a chat with him Gates Mcfadden was also brill then i met David Warner what a top bloke and then the last star i met was Robert Patrick what a fantasic bloke i also had a chat with him talking about how sexy Linda Hamilton was when she was the terminator films.

Thank you Showmasters for a brilliant event.

hi as i have been attending these kind of events for about 17 years now and there is always highs and lows.The highs having met and spoken to both of the Roberts, Mr.Englund and Mr.Patrick that was very nice but the lows came in the form of two annoyances one been the male show master crew member who was handing out v.q tickets for Robert Patrick although i can understand in keeping the gantree free so people can walk around there was no need for him to shout the instruction of you are loitering with intent, .... intent of what i ask every 2 mintues .And my second annoyance is yes i know we were told that the event was to be held in the same place as last years but i fear that what with the British weather we will be frightening off the class A celebrities and threw word of mouth we wont get anymore good attendees and why was it that the dealers were nice and snug in the warmth again ,i mean at one point i believe Chase Masterson asked to be moved as she was freezing by the door and that nice Daniel Logan switched places with her what a gent.Sorry if it seems like i am having a good moan but i am afraid if its is in the same place next year and there is no to die for guest this event i shall be givin a miss

overall I had a great time, I only went for david blue and had no problems at all in relation to meeting him. the venue was a bit cold though but seeing as its a stadium there is not much you can do about it I suppose. The free busses were also great, the stadium is out of the way unless you drive so its great for people like me who rely on public transport.

Edited by nikstar1989

why was it that the dealers were nice and snug in the warmth again

I believe the explanations given include the facts that some dealers' stock could blow away or be damaged by damp if outside, plus the overnight security (and protection from the elements) of their stock.

Never been to Mk con before, was a little 'this is a bit rubbish' when we first walked in and saw how the guest were laid out but got to grips with it after first circuit.

Dealers room, we think maybe a limit to how many people in at one time, as for the first couple of hours, very tight in there, saw a lot of people leave empty handed, but if time isn't a issue then later in the day you can browse better.

Met David blue, nice bloke

Phelps Twins, again nice blokes, answered all my questions

Levar burton, was a bit awkward but more us then him, as we didn't know what to say!

Jason Watkins, very quite, but made my day as so like Herrick minus the teeth!!

We waited until the queues had died down about 4ish to meet most of them, even on the twins with there virtual queue.

The bar in the hotel!! Got chucked out about 1.30am after a very fun and enjoyable evening, with new friends we made on the newbie meetup we had

Looking forward to Alex Kingston, might have to get an anorak from somewhere;) and Robert englund today.

Went yesterday to get a couple of autographs for me (Robert Patrick) and lots for my German friend, who wanted to go yesterday, but had an accident, and couldn't make it.

Met all the Harry Potter people (and I got the Phelps twins mixed up!), David Warner (lovely guy), but I must give my "Bloody Nice Bloke" Award to Nick Moran. What a nice guy he is.

I appreciated the free bus service, and I just wish I could have been there today.

I went yesterday, and it was awesome :(

James and Oliver Phelps were the only two I met, we got there at 10, then got a VQ ticket which didn't get called until 2:30 so we did have to wait but it was fun just walking around and round to see all the guests and cosplayers :borg: I loved the dealers room :)

I had a great day! Only went to see Robert Partrick, got a photo with him and had a great chat with him about motorcycles,his biker gang and his brothers band, great guy! I don't mind the venue, i mean i got to watch football while waiting around, But while most of the crew where great and very helpful, i have to agree there was the odd one or two that where unnecessary shouting and beening pushy.

Had a great 2 days, met nigel planer and christopher ryan. both were lovely to speak to and where thrilled that i had enjoyed them in the young ones.

met the 4 dart players today fantastic to meet them all.

keep up the good work everybody

lee :(

Yesterday was my 2nd Collectormania and I loved it!

I met Jason Watkins, who was really nice and was really appricative that me and my familt love Being Human. I did have a posed photo at the table but unfortunatly my Dad didn't press the button on my camera down hard enough so it didn't come out. But I did get a lovely autograph.

I then met James and Oliver Phelps, for the 2nd time. They were really nice too and happily talked to my brother who stood in the queue with me. The guys happily chatted to him, which was nice. I did have posed photo, which the guys happily did.

I was very overwhelmed by the amount of merchendise in the dealers room and around the sighing posts. I mangaed to get some items that I'd wanted for a while so I came away a very happy girl indeed!! :(

I'll do the full thing later but 2 words Alex Kingston. Left her to it when we saw no photos AT ALL and no personlistation on the photos, I was not hanging around for three more hours for something I could have brought from the dealers!

I'll do the full thing later but 2 words Alex Kingston. Left her to it when we saw no photos AT ALL and no personlistation on the photos, I was not hanging around for three more hours for something I could have brought from the dealers!

To be honest mate she was the same with me and the wife..

She couldnt have given 2 hoots about speaking to us or even bothering to lift her head to acknowledge that we were there..

The wife said to her 'Nice to see you here, hope your well'.

All she got was a 'Huh' and then she started signing the next persons autograph...

Not very fan friendly at all....

Edited by Kingy68

most of the time i would agree with other fans about things like this.

but i also met her today. and yes she wasnt saying much at all. and we were a bit mift that it was no photos and no dedications. BUT she was very popular and towards the end she was being rushed.

they stoped doing the tickets and just let anyone in by the end. her helper was taking pictures from people and pasing them to her, signin them then pasing them back.

i dont think alex was having a good time.

i dont think it was all her fault

She couldnt have given 2 hoots about speaking to us or even bothering to lift her head to acknowledge that we were there..

All she got was a 'Huh' and then she started signing the next persons autograph...

great event, not over yet ;-)

crew were fantastic as always, very friendly and helpful,

guests were great, alex was so lovely, I loved her before, If its possible i love her even more now. I even did 3 autos!! and considered going back for more with her! , what a beautiful & lovely & fantastic woman

please bring alex back!!!

think thats 10 photo shoots down, 4 to go? ive lost count, would of been more but had about 7 guest cancel lol,

great event, thanks jason, mark, stuart and all the crew! and the fantastic guests

I don't think that was her choice to less personal approach later on, she was so lovely to everyone I saw her with, I think it had to do with the amount of ppl wanting to see her and the time limits there was, SM probably did the limitations, I got there at 08 to queue for her and she was doing personalisations and u could take still pics but no posed pics,

It was probably changed to no personalization no photos by sm later in the day so everyone could get through rather than continue with personalise ect but some ppl miss out who had been waiting. I left at 5 and I think literally at 4.50 she went open queue, for 10 minutes lol, before that it was vts being called upto I think 8 or 900!

this was her first mass convention I think? the amount of work for her she might not of foreseen, its a hard day even if your being paid. she was lovely with me and all the ppl around me, but then I did queue up outside from 8am for her. so I got in early. I think perhaps towards the end sm were trying to speed things up so everyone could be seen, she isnt a rude or arrogant woman at all, perhaps she was tired and rushing so no one would miss out?

I thought she was lovely and very friendly

I had a similar thing with frazer hines at my first con in 09, he was doing photos before me at the desk and photos after me but when I went up he and his crew person said no photos and he just looked down at the table, being my first meet it almost put me off the whole thing, I didnt get it, why? ive since met frazer a few times and he is brilliant, so friendly, chatty, kind, great value, it was just one of those things, one of those moments my first meet with him. I guess it can happen, we are all human after all.

attended the show on saturday with mr bear and mr brody ,met levar burton,gates mcfadden,robert patrick and shilts,had all there autographs by 1 o clock,absolute cracking day out,was back in mkeynes by 2 for a well deserved beer!!back of the net! :lol: