GUEST CANCELLATION - VAL KILMER

showmasters

I think asking for or expecting replacements at this late hour is not a realistic option..

Anyone who attends these events will realise that last minute cancellations are part of the process and must be expected.. It is good fortune that we have not had more!!!

Just look at who is left.. We still have a batman, two ultra rare Trek Guests, Candyman, a plethora of LOTR actors, a full cast reunion and almost a second one...plus more!!!

I do feel a little bit sorry for the Comic fans which although is not my personal interest, is a little bit bare considering the title of the event..

Dear SM....

I don't often write direct to you guys (Except on my begging for Sam Jones thread) but may I say Thank you.

Thank you for being one of the ONLY conventions to actually lets us know when a major guest ISN'T going to turn up instead of keeping it quiet until the day (Like many other events....tempted to name them here)

Thank you for being honest as soon as you found out.

JJ

Wow, i'm speechless, bless him! well i wasnt really going to get his auto anyway cause i'm going to see JRD and Sala and Billeh and andy and Brent and levar! i mean.... gosh you just dont expect someones schedule could change so quickly!

Elfie, i'm with you on that one... i luff Sala too! i'm glad none of the others have got somewhere else they had to go cause i really need to see the Lord of the rings peeps eventhough i have thier autos!

:lol:

Thanks for the heads up SM! i hope when you hear from val you'll let him know we'll miss him and he should try to come back as he'll always be welcome!

love

Veasse xx

We are very sorry to have to announce that Val kilmer will no longer be able to attend The London Film and Comic Con.

Having spoken with Val's representative last night, it appears that he is needed that weekend by Warner Brothers for a Press Junket in New York for his upcoming film, Spartan. As always, an actors filming and promotional commitments have to come first, as they are contractually obliged in this regard. I know that Val was looking forward to meeting everyone at the show, and he expresses his apologies.

We are sorry for any disappointment this causes. We were looking forward to welcoming Val to the show, but we hope that you will all agree that we have many other superb guests for the weekend, and it should be a lot of fun. We have been in contact with all guests flying in from abroad in the last 2 days, and are pleased to report that they are all really looking forward to the event.

Take care

Showmasters

Well thats a BIG kick in the balls, Val was one of my main reasons for going (Although I do have a Batman Forever poster, Signed by the complete cast), I really wanted him to sign something special.

Well I need to know in the next few days if theres going to be a replacement, as this will determine wether I go or not Now.

Thanks

SHOWMASTERS,

It is unfortunate that MR. VAL KILMER was forced to back out of attending your event, this weekend.

I thought that his interpretation of BATMAN™ was the most dignified of the recent feature film actors to essay the role since MR. ADAM WEST, who also invested the role with singular style & charm.