Hub 7

chrono

I can get a train direct from Kidderminster to London, whereas for anywhere else I have to go via Birmingham. But then its trying to work out tubes etc!

If you're arriving at Euston, it's the Northern Line down to Leicester Square, and change to the Piccadilly Line westbound, or you can get the Victoria Line down to Green Park and change there to the Piccadilly Line.

From personal experience, I find it easier to get off at Hounslow West tube station (to avoid the airport), cross the main road and get the number 81 Slough bus. It goes down Bath Road and passes all the main hotels including the Radisson Edwardian. A 1-day travelcard will cover the cost of both tube and bus.

Cheers!

• Showmasters Admin

Im unlikely to be going purely cos its in London.

Which is disappointing as I LOVE the Hubs, only one Ive missed is Hub 5 and that was for other reasons.

Why move it to London?! Which for me is harder to get to, and is gonna be a lot more expensive!!!

Id rather stay in Northampton and not have John, not have American guests!

That's nice but without the big guests coming, the attendance it likely to stay below 200, the shows will loss money and it'll have to stop.

No big guests will mean the Hub fades away, and I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

Which is disappointing as I LOVE the Hubs, only one Ive missed is Hub 5 and that was for other reasons.

Why move it to London?! Which for me is harder to get to, and is gonna be a lot more expensive!!!

That's nice but without the big guests coming, the attendance it likely to stay below 200, the shows will loss money and it'll have to stop.

No big guests will mean the Hub fades away, and I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

Too Tall,

I enjoy the Hub conventions, and would never like it to end, as its so much fun, gets me out of the house, I dont mind were the Hubs are, as I shall be there.... lol :)

I can get a train direct from Kidderminster to London, whereas for anywhere else I have to go via Birmingham. But then its trying to work out tubes etc!

If you're arriving at Euston, it's the Northern Line down to Leicester Square, and change to the Piccadilly Line westbound, or you can get the Victoria Line down to Green Park and change there to the Piccadilly Line.

From personal experience, I find it easier to get off at Hounslow West tube station (to avoid the airport), cross the main road and get the number 81 Slough bus. It goes down Bath Road and passes all the main hotels including the Radisson Edwardian. A 1-day travelcard will cover the cost of both tube and bus.

Cheers!

i was debateing if to go chester- london by train or manchester airport-heathrow by plane

Can see your point Too Tall and its a shame it comes to that :(

Im just gutted that Im very unlikely to be going purely cos of the fact its moved, and I know I'm not the only one.

I'm glad its moved as I said. London is a lot easier to get to. - Not sure what the hotel is like though.

Must agree. And I never give up the hope to see John and Eve together on stage. :( That'd worth all money for me.

I definitely want the Hubs go on as long as possible. they are the highlights of my years.

The con date - right after Hallowhedon and John's concert - might be not the best for me either, but I'm intending to save up for it. Moving the con to London saves some journey time and money at least.

Thanks for your thoughts, Too Tall!

Im just gutted that Im very unlikely to be going purely cos of the fact its moved, and I know I'm not the only one.

The thing is Debs, the location isn't going to suit everyone, and yet I'm sure for those of us travelling in from OS, we're all quite happy with the location. The Hub will probably be at the end of my trip for me, so then it is just a quick hop over to Heathrow.

Generally each time I've come to a Hub, I've just stepped off a plane, which means 24 hour flight to Heathrow, shuttle to Euston, then train to Northampton, so yeah, not the easiest of trips.

I just think it doesn't have to be that hard, just because it is at Heathrow this time.

And TT is right - if they aren't going to get people to attend, and get some big guests, there will be no Hub at all.

Now TT :( , I did ask Yvie (yes I've been nagging) when the Hub 7 tickets were going on sale on the web....I was told Mon/Tues this week, but still nada - will the store be up soon, 'cos I'm keen to buy, and want to before I don't have the money 'cos it is spent on something else :D

Want to be at Hub 7, but don't know if I can make it. I have a lot on in Oct/Nov and can't really afford another weekend off (get more money for working weekends) in Nov as it will affect my Christmas pay. Waiting to see if I can work nights as that will compensate for the weekend off. *fingers crossed*

Usually I'd welcome a Torchwood event in London but just a week after the other event(s) won't help persuade me to go. I can see why big main stars are vital, but to be honest not sure I'd have much for them to sign anyway. Its the more obsure names from series 1 and 2 that are good for me.

put it this way if i can afford it i'll be there.

otherwise someone else will have to throw a pteradon at Kai in my place

I'll do it if someone gives me one :YAHOO:

i'll tell you where i got Merri if that counts,

see giant pteradon on my arm in most daytime hub 6 pictures

Tempted to go to this one as its in London but the only thing that is stopping me from going is collectomania London it depends on who they both get but at the moment i will be going to collectormania London.

Given all these issues, much as I personally detest the hotel chosen for this event (which isn't nearly as much as I loathe the Birmingham Metropole), I think it makes huge amounts of sense to hold Hub 7 at Heathrow if SM/ME are trying to get American guests.

I can kind of see why they want it in London, but it kinda sucks as everybody loves Northampton, alsooooo, I have to pay for a room for me, my mum (because she brings me) and my sister (she keeps my mum company :thumbup: ) but all the hotels around are only 2 person rooms (I've checked) and I refuse to pay over £200 for 2 nights for just us 3. At least in Northampton there was the travelodge, where you could have upto 4 people in a room for only £29 a night. :clap:

I am gutted its in Heathrow as i live in Northampton and walk backwards and forwards to the park inn! Check out Heathrow central travelodge,just down the road i've booked 3 nights,2 b/fasts 1 adult,1 child for £80 so i will be there! even if we use taxis all weekend still cheaper than raddison.

The thing is Debs, the location isn't going to suit everyone, and yet I'm sure for those of us travelling in from OS, we're all quite happy with the location. The Hub will probably be at the end of my trip for me, so then it is just a quick hop over to Heathrow.

Generally each time I've come to a Hub, I've just stepped off a plane, which means 24 hour flight to Heathrow, shuttle to Euston, then train to Northampton, so yeah, not the easiest of trips.

I just think it doesn't have to be that hard, just because it is at Heathrow this time.

And TT is right - if they aren't going to get people to attend, and get some big guests, there will be no Hub at all.

Now TT :YAHOO: , I did ask Yvie (yes I've been nagging) when the Hub 7 tickets were going on sale on the web....I was told Mon/Tues this week, but still nada - will the store be up soon, 'cos I'm keen to buy, and want to before I don't have the money 'cos it is spent on something else ;)

Hello??? :D

Anyone home? Just wondering when the Hub 7 store is going live??? Also we're wondering, via another thread, when the hotel code will be available....

Appreciate some news guys. Some of us have heaps to book coming in from OS, and would like to know we are firmly locked in for Hub 7 before getting carried away with airline bookings etc....

Please???

• Showmasters Admin

Can see your point Too Tall and its a shame it comes to that :D

Now TT :D , I did ask Yvie (yes I've been nagging) when the Hub 7 tickets were going on sale on the web....I was told Mon/Tues this week, but still nada - will the store be up soon, 'cos I'm keen to buy, and want to before I don't have the money 'cos it is spent on something else ;)

Hello??? :D

Anyone home? Just wondering when the Hub 7 store is going live??? Also we're wondering, via another thread, when the hotel code will be available....

Appreciate some news guys. Some of us have heaps to book coming in from OS, and would like to know we are firmly locked in for Hub 7 before getting carried away with airline bookings etc....

Please???

I've been regenerating since C17.

I will get on to this.

Can see your point Too Tall and its a shame it comes to that ;)

Now TT :blush: , I did ask Yvie (yes I've been nagging) when the Hub 7 tickets were going on sale on the web....I was told Mon/Tues this week, but still nada - will the store be up soon, 'cos I'm keen to buy, and want to before I don't have the money 'cos it is spent on something else :WAVE:

Hello??? :uhoh:

Please???

I've been regenerating since C17.

I will get on to this.

He's kidding, folks....... his ganger will do it for him! :D

No offence meant, Too Tall! I'm sure everything will be worth the wait, and all the sweeter for it.