Hub 7

chrono

It's being held on November 25th - 27th at the Radisson Edwardian hotel at Heathrow. As far as I'm aware, no guests have been officially announced as yet.

xxx

Edited by Chelle2009

It's being held on November 25th - 27th at the Radisson Edwardian hotel at Heathrow. As far as I'm aware, no guests have been officially announced as yet.

xxx

for crying out loud, ANOTHER con in november? arnt those the old CML dates?

I really wanted to go to the next hub, will be tough it being in november, although being in heathrow might help, maybe

xxx

for crying out loud, ANOTHER con in november? arnt those the old CML dates?

I really wanted to go to the next hub, will be tough it being in november, although being in heathrow might help, maybe

Don't know what you mean, it's not like they have a different event for all 6 weekends before that. Oh, wait...

I'll hopefully be there :YAHOO: one thing though... I know one of the aims of this convention is to get American guests as said at the closing ceremony and at the auction but the date of The Hub 7 lands on the weekend after Thanksgiving Day. Most Americans tend to celebrate it over there pretty much like Christmas so I'm not sure if that'll affect whether the guests will be willing to fly over here but I know a lot of people from America spend that weekend celebrating it with their family.

Edited by Doctor Who

I never thought of that, but you're right, it is Thanksgiving weekend. That'll push the flight prices right up... not to mention the fact that American guests probably wouldn't want to come.

Oh well, I can't come either anyway... lol.

I never thought of that, but you're right, it is Thanksgiving weekend. That'll push the flight prices right up... not to mention the fact that American guests probably wouldn't want to come.

and is the reason given bySM for moving CML to the week before which upset a few of us, now there is a hub with the goal of attracting american guests from the new series on those dates. hummm.

and is the reason given bySM for moving CML to the week before which upset a few of us, now there is a hub with the goal of attracting american guests from the new series on those dates. hummm.

anddddd, even if they didn't mind coming over for the event, with time difference ect, they wouldn't be able to make the whole weekend without missing some of thanksgiving :/ so unless their like just there sunday....?

Also, is it really in London this time? I thought it was in Northampton again :YAHOO: however I didn't actually listen, I just assumed....

anddddd, even if they didn't mind coming over for the event, with time difference ect, they wouldn't be able to make the whole weekend without missing some of thanksgiving :/ so unless their like just there sunday....?

Also, is it really in London this time? I thought it was in Northampton again :YAHOO: however I didn't actually listen, I just assumed....

im sure if they agree to attend they will attend the whole weekend, its not like thanksgiving is a legal requirement lol

the last 2 cmL were over thanksgiving and the american guests sttended btoh days, some great guests we had.

Does it really matter?

At the end of the day if you have been to Hub events before (I've done all of them), you will enjoy it whoever is there and where and when ever it is.

Who cares when it is as long as the event carries on!

Does it really matter?

At the end of the day if you have been to Hub events before (I've done all of them), you will enjoy it whoever is there and where and when ever it is.

In my opinion, yes it does really matter.

Although I go for the programme and not the names of those attending, if there is to be the theme of american guests attending and there could be a reason that has a strong possibility of limiting this then I would like to know about it.

Unfortunately I don't think I can make this one, predicting finances for the future isn't looking good and although I spend more on autographs at the CMs and the LFCCs than I do at the weekend events, the additional cost of accomodation and food and stuff for this means it may be one I have to drop off my list.

Does it really matter?

my issue is a clash of events occuring due to "the problem of getting american guests on thanksgiving" then putting a hub designed to have american guests (which this one apparently is) in its place. (the CML original weekend)

I know im veering into dodgy territory here so I will stop cos last thing I want to do is cause a problem or break forum fules. so sorry if ive veered that way.

I hope the hub continues of course, american guests or not I dont care.

november is jam packed of events even with clashes, with work also, it will take someone specific to get to to try and commit to this hub, so I await the announcements.

Does it really matter?

In my opinion, yes it does really matter.

Although I go for the programme and not the names of those attending, if there is to be the theme of american guests attending and there could be a reason that has a strong possibility of limiting this then I would like to know about it.

Unfortunately I don't think I can make this one, predicting finances for the future isn't looking good and although I spend more on autographs at the CMs and the LFCCs than I do at the weekend events, the additional cost of accomodation and food and stuff for this means it may be one I have to drop off my list.

I'n not sure why you are arguing about it if you can't attend anyway?

Does it really matter?

my issue is a clash of events occuring due to "the problem of getting american guests on thanksgiving" then putting a hub designed to have american guests (which this one apparently is) in its place. (the CML original weekend)

I know im veering into dodgy territory here so I will stop cos last thing I want to do is cause a problem or break forum fules. so sorry if ive veered that way.

I hope the hub continues of course, american guests or not I dont care.

november is jam packed of events even with clashes, with work also, it will take someone specific to get to to try and commit to this hub, so I await the announcements.

Novemebr has always been a busy month - especially over the last 5 years.

I'm not complaining about it, I have fun no matter which guests attend and go as much to catch up with my friends anyway. I just feel it needed pointed out incase it slipped through the net because it will very likely limit the amount of guests able to attend but not only that, also the attendees. I know a few attendees from America said this weekend that they wouldn't be able to make The Hub 7 because of the fact that it's Thanksgiving Weekened and with the series being bigger/filmed in America this year, there's the possibility that more American attendees will want to fly over than ever before and the date could be a problem.

Edited by Doctor Who

I'n not sure why you are arguing about it if you can't attend anyway?

I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my opinion. I attended the last 2 and would love to go to this one (never said I can't attend just that I don't think I can) it's just because of the comments stated above that may mean I decide against attending and that is why in my view it matters that someone mentioned it as I had no idea about it before.

If those are the dates then that's another Hub I can't be at then =( Shame cos I love Hubs, but I've got so much on at that time of the year, and it's right around the time of family birthdays, other cons, and family over from the States for Thanksgiving, which was dumped on me this morning =/

Xx

Just to reply at random to a few things I've seen on this thread:

I wouldn't necessarily assume that guests from the U.S. will want to spend the whole weekend. That's not the norm at professional American conventions, so many of them won't be used to it and/or will want to spend at least some time with their loved ones on that weekend.

Some Americans will want to spend Thanksgiving abroad (raises hand), some (most) will not. Trust me when I say that this is a deeply personal thing. And, of course, money can be a big motivator. :YAHOO:

Since that is the busiest travel weekend in the U.S., I can confirm that the flight prices will be quite high for anyone flying to/from there. That said, if you fly out ON Thanksgiving Day, you might be surprised by a lull in the price. That happened to me last year, though I ended up not going because of illness. The hassle factor will be infinitely higher, no matter what day your flight near that weekend.

Given all these issues, much as I personally detest the hotel chosen for this event (which isn't nearly as much as I loathe the Birmingham Metropole), I think it makes huge amounts of sense to hold Hub 7 at Heathrow if SM/ME are trying to get American guests.

Finally, on a personal note, I hope that I'll be able to go! :D

Given all these issues, much as I personally detest the hotel chosen for this event (which isn't nearly as much as I loathe the Birmingham Metropole), I think it makes huge amounts of sense to hold Hub 7 at Heathrow if SM/ME are trying to get American guests.

I can kind of see why they want it in London, but it kinda sucks as everybody loves Northampton, alsooooo, I have to pay for a room for me, my mum (because she brings me) and my sister (she keeps my mum company :lol: ) but all the hotels around are only 2 person rooms (I've checked) and I refuse to pay over £200 for 2 nights for just us 3. At least in Northampton there was the travelodge, where you could have upto 4 people in a room for only £29 a night. :(

Northampton and London is the same journey time for me so it doesn't bother me where it is held, I will still make an effort to get there. I love these weekends, so nothing will stop me going. However, I hope to be driving by November (5th driving test in 3 weeks!) so I am looking forward to setting off in my own time, rather than having to rely on trains. I am not a fan of Northampton in general, but I love the Park Inn.

xxx

Im unlikely to be going purely cos its in London.

Which is disappointing as I LOVE the Hubs, only one Ive missed is Hub 5 and that was for other reasons.

Why move it to London?! Which for me is harder to get to, and is gonna be a lot more expensive!!!

Id rather stay in Northampton and not have John, not have American guests!