Do guests do poses?

Dan2593

Last year I did the simple "Stand close, smile, go" thing. This year I wanted to ask guests (REALLY NICELY) if they would mind doing a specific pose. But I wasn't sure how to go about it.

Is it even done? I think I remember seeing a few posed pictures last year on the table. And some people have pretty cool pictures as profile pictures of them and guests posing. But how do you go about this? Do you just ask for a pose? Do they take the lead or expect you to? I was planing to get Alex to pull a "Shh" style pose as it's pretty River Song style.

How would I go about this?

• Moderators

Basically it's your judgement. You'd have to ask the guest when you get up to them.

Sometimes you can look and see what others are doing. The worst they can say is no..

Oh guests do poses in fact most of them enjoy it, as it breaks up the monotomy of 300 standard smiling photos.

As people have suggested, ask politely, try to build a rapport with the guest prior to the photo session and as in the case below, maybe ask them to decide what they would like to do!!

scan0017-1.jpg

And yes...any excuse to post this photo!! :cylon:;):cylon:

i need to ask one of the guests for a pose too....but i think mine will be the hardest to actually pull off PMSL,

i want robert englund to pretent hes eating a cupcake off the blade of my freddy glove that im wearing.....hmmm. how the hell can ask him to do that without sounding like a right nutcase! ha ha

That photo is AMAZING!! ;)

Thanks - it was pretty sensational having it taken too!!

The one downside is that, personally I dont think I'll ever beat it....!

yeah, i imagine topping that is gonna be a challenge..but fun!!

they look like they are having a good time :cylon:

i need to ask one of the guests for a pose too....but i think mine will be the hardest to actually pull off PMSL,

i want robert englund to pretent hes eating a cupcake off the blade of my freddy glove that im wearing.....hmmm. how the hell can ask him to do that without sounding like a right nutcase! ha ha

I would pay money to see that...it sounds hilarious.

Reckon Robert would do it too, as long as it's not at too busy a time!!!

Good luck!

And where is the original print framed? And how large is the scanned in reprint? LOL!

Wouldn't be your avatar on Facebook, too? :)

Luckily the photographer sent me the JPEG (the above is only a scan tho) - Gonna get it printed as A3 and signed by Tricia when I see her in September and then by Katee the next time i see her.

As for facebook - i was using it but currently, I'm using this photo with Caprica's Alessandra Torresani

scan0010.jpg

I have this one but it was a pose for a local paper that was covering the event,can't remember whose idea it was for the final pose,I'm the one in the middle .

ChaseMasterson.jpg

Thats great, and very careful positioning of your hand!! ;)

I always ask guests for a certain pose - I ask them to pose with The Hat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stenun/sets/72157618633487120/

And responses have varied wildly. Jewel Staite (photo 12) smiled politely and posed beautifully. Bruce Boxleitner (photo 13) remarked that The Hat was "Sam Spade" like and we talked briefly about film noir. George Takei (photo 30) laughed uproariously at the request and almost snatched The Hat out of my hands, he was soo keen to do it ;) .

Only four have said no - two it turns out weren't doing photos (I hadn't seen the sign for one saying so, the other had no sign up at all), and two just said no flat out. (No, I won't name them.) But as you can see, far more guests have said yes than have said no.

So my advice would be to ask, with your best smile, and most of the time they'll be happy to. :cylon:

I have a couple of wierder pictures. had one taken with Jason Mewes where he hits a fag out of my hand (like in Mallrats) I have been staked by James Marsters and Mercedes McNab and Gareth David Lloyd is pointing at something on a map of Cardiff ;)

Haha! Wow you guys have some great pictures! I love the shots of guys in hats! And TonyTheCylons lucky adventures with some very pretty guests!

I might pre-warn here when I get something signed then! ;) Let's hope she's in a good-fan-loving mood! :cylon:

I know what you mean!! When at LFCC I want to get Camille (a.k.a Jackie from Dr Who) to do a pose with me and my mate where she slaps me across the face as I am dressing as the 9th Dr lol!! Thatb e so cool if she did!!

I used to be way too shy to ask for poses or personalisations on autographs.

But as some of the guests coming soon are rare and may not be back for awhile, I dont want to miss my chance.

Took my 3 seperate shoots to pluck up the courage to ask Eve Myles for a hug, might not have that many chances with Alex or Karen or whoever.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

All you have to do is ask nicely. Just try not to be too disappointed if they say no (which some will for a variety of reasons, for instance there have been guests in the past who have requested not to be touched at all during shoots.)

I'm glad I have asked in the past becasue I've had some great pics. Here's links to two of my faves:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Mike Tyson was certainly animated at LFCC that's for sure. In my photo with him we were doing the DX wrestling crotch chop. Mike loved that!

Robert Englund has got to be one of the betteryguys to ask to pose. In my pic with him he has his Freddy blades up to my throat! :YAHOO: Whilst I was waiting for him I noticed he was changing his pose with everyone.

I think the moral of the story as many people have already said is ask the guest, what's the worst they will say? No.

Do the photographers take more than one photo of you with the same guest? So you can have a normal one and a funny posed one? x
If you only purchase one photo shoot ticket, then you will only have one photo taken. If you require an additional photo then you will need to purchase an addtional ticket.

There are occasions when the photographer may take an additional photo because they are not happy with how the first one turned out but that is not very often, and you may not receive a print of the first photo anyway.