photo ops are now for sale at the show each day

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

photo ops are now for sale at the show each day on the Organisers Booth

so if you do not have a photo op with a guest and want one then you can still get on

hope that helps

and see you there

jason :WAVE:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o goody! its my first collectormania...im coming just because of robert englund! Been waiting to meet him for years....whats the chances of me getting a photo with him on the day? is there a set number? i really dont want to miss out getting one, driving over 3 hours to a place ive never been PMSL im soooo excited!

thanks very much! Im hoping to come on the sunday, am i right in thinking the photoshoot for that is from 2.05pm - 2.25pm?

Im hoping to get my glove signed and maybe a picture of him with it, and also...not sure if this is allowed but (im a cake decorator) and was wondering if i could bring a few cupcakes, would he pretend to eat one in one of the photos? he can keep them afterwards of course LOL

and sorry another question! *blush* are you allowed to take photos whilst he is signing things? xx

thanks very much! Im hoping to come on the sunday, am i right in thinking the photoshoot for that is from 2.05pm - 2.25pm?

Yes. 2.05 - 2.25 PM, photoshoot area B.

Im hoping to get my glove signed and maybe a picture of him with it

and sorry another question! *blush* are you allowed to take photos whilst he is signing things? xx

Pictures at the signing table will depend on the size of the queue, so I'm afraid this isn't known until the actual day. And even on the day the rule can change.

A quick photo during signing should normally be possible. But if you want him to hold it up or something that could vary.

Worst case scenario you could bring it to the photoshoot?

Im hoping to get my glove signed and maybe a picture of him with it, and also...not sure if this is allowed but (im a cake decorator) and was wondering if i could bring a few cupcakes, would he pretend to eat one in one of the photos? he can keep them afterwards of course LOL

Well we had and have a couple of people bringing props. I can't remember any edible ones though. :WAVE:

If there's any special rules (no props) this will also be announced on the day.

That picture would be just for your private use, right? If you're planning to use it for advertising there might be some problems later. (My apologies if this sounds stupid, but better safe than sorry...)

o yes my glove will be coming with me, aswell as my nightmare on elm street shoes i want him to sign (getting married in them next year! woop! LOL)

i was hoping to put it on my website (when i eventually get one) but not as advertising purposes....it would be along side the ones i have when i went on channel 4 with one of my cakes.....not to advertise, just to show people with cakes :)

Id love to make him some NOES themed cupcakes! I made my bro a NOES cake for his birthday, and then the birthday after that he had a huge horror cake complete with 16 horror movies on it...and of course freddys glove in there :)

i was hoping to put it on my website (when i eventually get one) but not as advertising purposes....it would be along side the ones i have when i went on channel 4 with one of my cakes.....not to advertise, just to show people with cakes :)

If you do NOES cupcakes I am sure he'll love them, but I really wouldn't put the photo anywhere near a business related website.

I'm not an expert for UK (and US laws seeing Robert comes from the US), but going by German law this will potentially cause problems.

This may look like Robert is endorsing your cakes/is a customer/something like that. Here there have been lawsuits because an unsuspecting business did stick a photo of someone semi-famous on their website.

Also if you have a professional photo done the copyright strictly speaking lies with the photographer. Malcolm is sweet and doesn't sue us if we scan the pictures and stick them up on our own websites. But using any copyrighted material without the copyright holders' consent is potentially gambling with fire.

hmmmm yes i see what you mean....awww what a shame!

i have pictures of me with fern britton, jane asher, jenni bond etc with one of my cakes on channel 4..i wonder if these are ok to use on my website? I won a cake competition so they would be good to use but now im not sure if i can!

are they not ok to use under 'people with cakes' as an album.....not actually advertising (if i made it totally clear i made them for him for free as a gift etc). im not sure where i could ask about it....i dont want to get in trouble but at the same time this is just the most awesome opportunity ive ever had so want to show it off! LOL

i can imagine a picture of a cupcake on the end on one of the glove blades and robert pretending to take a bite. AWESOMENESS! failing that it will be a fantastic facebook picture :) ! lol

Edited by nuttymummy

The whole cake competition is possibly different because I take it they were the judges? If these pictures are from a news report I'd start contacting Channel 4 and try to get their permission.

But I am really not an expert for UK laws, sorry.

it was ferns show, and there were 3 judges.

Thanks for all your help, ill just bring them for Robert anyway and if i manage to get a picture of him with one it will be a bonus, and just keep it to my facebook page till i find out whats what with the laws.

so excited!

Can someone just give me a rough idea how long it takes for the photos to come back please??

As I'm trying to aim to leave earlyish on the Sunday to try and avoid some of the bank holiday M1 mayhem!!

Can someone just give me a rough idea how long it takes for the photos to come back please??

As I'm trying to aim to leave earlyish on the Sunday to try and avoid some of the bank holiday M1 mayhem!!

The intention is normally a 2 hour turnaround. It can take longer sometimes.

• Showmasters Admin

We usually estimate 2 hours from the END of the shoot.

2 to 3 hours.

If you have to leave earlier you can get them posted to you.

Quite a few events in the USA will allow people to get jpegs of photos for an extra $5.

Perhaps this should be considered for future events, saves all the phaffing around waiting - posting etc and of course is environmentally friendly!

Quite a few events in the USA will allow people to get jpegs of photos for an extra $5.

Perhaps this should be considered for future events, saves all the phaffing around waiting - posting etc and of course is environmentally friendly!

And some charge $ 10 and more which is a little much for me personally.

I know it still doesn't sound much, but it does add up, and you don't even have to turn into another Mr Photo Shoot. :lol:

But it's been repeatedly said (it's not the first time this question has come up) that the "no" to JPEGs is the situation for the moment and the procedure may be changed at some point in the future.

Finding a balance in the price is one thing that needs to be done first. :(

I know it still doesn't sound much, but it does add up, and you don't even have to turn into another Mr Photo Shoot. :(

Tell me about it. I would love digital copies, but even going with the $5 rate that would still work out at around £500 for the bare minimum number of photo shoots that I want JPEG's of :lol:

Edit: I am still waiting for the option to be come available though :D

Edited by 1of2

id love for it to happen, I would not buy all my shoots as a jpeg, but the big ones I would! surely it wouldnt cost to much to set up? might cost a lot of time though? hope one day it becomes a reality

The set up wouldn't be too cost extensive, yes. Computer/laptop, hard drive or whereever they'd put a backup of the photos on, e-mail access to mail the photos.

But the time factor to find the pictures is huge, especially for past events. I think Jason said once on here they'd have to hire an extra office person to really provide that service in a timely manner.

For upcoming events I guess they could implement some number system to make things easier.

But for past events you'd have to look through a lot of photos to make sure you found the right blonde girl with the black shirt and the glasses in that Peter Facinelli photosession. :lol:

If that girl doesn't have a scanner it might even involve e-mailing back and forth a couple of times. So it's mostly the time/manpower issue.

Ok, so I'm an idiot and didn't buy my photo op for Gates Mcfadden before the online deadline. Do you think I need to get there for opening to ensure I get one or that they'll still be available a bit later in the morning? Thanks!