Feedback on the weekend.

Avengers7

Just a quickie, as off to bed.

Totally amazing time, meeting new guests (and Ben!), and having a great time chatting to all my Hub friends!

Missing it all and everyone already - it's a bit weird being home to be honest.

More tomorrow.

Maxine

I had a great time. It had a really relaxed feel to the weekend. It was still busy but everyone was more chilled. I would have liked the talks to be a bit longer but we got free guest encounters and autos so it didnt matter so much.

I loved chatting to everyone although I'm really shy. And really enjoyed watching the con dancing, but not taking part! lol.

Amanda x

I had a great time. It had a really relaxed feel to the weekend. It was still busy but everyone was more chilled. I would have liked the talks to be a bit longer but we got free guest encounters and autos so it didnt matter so much.

I loved chatting to everyone although I'm really shy. And really enjoyed watching the con dancing, but not taking part! lol.

Amanda x

Shy?!!! :YAHOO:

loved it! had a great time as always, it was such a laugh and good to see some friends again as well as making new ones too. It was great meeting all of the guests as well, Ben and Rhodri's talk was hilarious, definitely my favourite one from the weekend! I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be there for The Hub 7, just need to research the hotel and everything plus will have to see what happens with my A2 results in August as I'll hopefully be at University by the end of the year so my situation will be a bit different. Ohh and the Saturday night party was wicked! :YAHOO:

Hope everyone had as least as much fun as I did.

I got my Con Flu over quickly - it floored me on Saturday, but half a packet of strepsils later, I was back in circulation.

After saying I had trouble meeting new people, Hello to Amanda, Charlotta, Rebecca, Anya, Sylvie, & Astrid.

Also Hello to everyone I knew already - Great to see you again

Special thanks to everyone else playing Consequences - Nem, Gem, Laura, Ally, Carole, Helen, Jay, Midnight, Clare, Tony Stark, and several people whose names I never knew - you're all wonderful, if overly obsessed with sex & cake.

and I hope I got your names right. My memory is awful...

I know that for a first-time experience of a Showmasters event, Hub 6 wasn't going to be an entirely accurate representation of the usual way things go and I won't expect as much next time from Showmasters. (I mean in what we got in the way of extras, not in the way things were run efficiently and pleasantly as I've always heard good things). I had an absolute blast, the weekend was chilled enough for this particular introvert and I plan to buy a ticket for Hub 7 as soon as finances allow. I might even party next time round.

Rhodri was hilarious enough to almost let me forgive him for calling me a gog - Newport's hardly that far north of Cardiff!

Hope everyone had as least as much fun as I did.

I got my Con Flu over quickly - it floored me on Saturday, but half a packet of strepsils later, I was back in circulation.

After saying I had trouble meeting new people, Hello to Amanda, Charlotta, Rebecca, Anya, Sylvie, & Astrid.

Also Hello to everyone I knew already - Great to see you again

Special thanks to everyone else playing Consequences - Nem, Gem, Laura, Ally, Carole, Helen, Jay, Midnight, Clare, Tony Stark, and several people whose names I never knew - you're all wonderful, if overly obsessed with sex & cake.

I can't see anyone missing :(

this weekend was epic

Hub is the only place other than Whitby i drink and thats because its such a awesome enviroment.

and may i say,

after seeing Heathers face when i asked who she'd want as a girlfriend I love James's face

X X

O

did you lick your mic heather?

Yoy're welcome!! But I can't believe you told the WHOLE internet about out sex and cake escapades with Tony Stark.

Just remember, Prince Charles wrapped in cling film. Yummy.......

Edited by Never

Yoy're welcome!! But I can't believe you told the WHOLE internet about out sex and cake escapades with Tony Stark.

Or Arthur Darvill in a latex corset and fishnets.

did you lick your mic heather?

That was hilarious :WAVE:;)

I had a great time :WAVE: and I made loads of new friends. The guests were just as lovely and funny as ever, and I also liked the fact we all got the 2 intimate encounters, they were quite funny and interesting. The talks were all really good too. I loved being able to get away from school and exams and just have arelaxed weekend :)

Looking forward to the Hub 7 already :WAVE: fingers crossed for John Barrowman!!

Or Arthur Darvill in a latex corset and fishnets.

I wasn't there, but I can't resist posting, lol!

Hmm, would love to see Arthur dressed up like that, ;) Although he might be a little embarassed! :WAVE::WAVE:

Had a great weekend, even if I couldn't stop singing the chorus to REM's "It's the End of the World As we Know it (and I feel fine)" over and over again - apologies to everyone I inflicted it on!

I was really pleased with my sari - even if I did have multiple stab wounds to my fingers after putting it on!

I had been to Hub 3 but didn't fully take part in it (was a bit of a date situation so was more interested in who I was with) but I really pushed myself to take part in everything I could this time and I had an absolutely wonderful time. I have now got the collecting bug for getting the photos done which I was really happy to find out how easy and comfortable it was to do. I was very excited about my piccie with Olivia :gorgeous: The same with getting the autographs, though I got a little confuzzled at first but I soon got into the swing of it. I adored the parties and felt so accepted and I really appreciated being pulled over to dance with people and encouraged to get involved. I did think that maybe on the Saturday night the 40's era songs could have been interspersed throughout the evening rather than in one clump at the start but I adore dancing and just losing myself in the music :dance: .

The talks were hilarious and I'm really chuffed with my auction wins :blink: . I was a bit nervous about the Sunday evening party because I have Asperger's and find communication difficult because of social anxiety and also sensory processing issues but I felt so accepted when I sat down and joined in with Consequences and had such a laugh with you guys, hilarious!!

I am really happy and delighted :P:clap: and I really want to attend more of these conventions.

Thank You!! :D

What did everyone think?

Had a fantastic time as usual at The Hub - guest were all brilliant.

Only disappointment - no autograph dealer in the dealers room.

The dealers' room has been pretty quiet since HUB 2, and with the cons having smaller attendances, I can understand it. They have to pay fees to have a table, and for a small event may not consider it to be financially worthwhile. The Collectormania events would be better for them.

Having said that, with the possibility of US guests for HUB 7, and increased interest, plus being nearer to London, it may mean more dealers at the Radisson.

Here's hoping!

I had an excellent time at Hub6. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. And I loved all the guests. The thing I learned at Hub6: we don't have to have big-name guests (or main character guests) to have a great convention. All the guests were terrific!

Glad you had such a great time.

Did you try any of the con dances?

Hehe well I stumbled about at the start of the Doctor Who dance but then stepped back and enjoyed the show and I boogied a bit at the Captain Jack dance, it was really fun watching everyone. :YAHOO:

Glad you had such a great time.

Did you try any of the con dances?

Hehe well I stumbled about at the start of the Doctor Who dance but then stepped back and enjoyed the show and I boogied a bit at the Captain Jack dance, it was really fun watching everyone. :D

I also have trouble with the Doctor Who dance, so you're not alone.

But I did do the Time Warp and Star Trekking three times, so that's OK :) We should maybe rope you into those, next time ;) Some con dances are so much fun; it's great just being silly :)