Bitten 2: Season 4 Discussions at the Con?

MjCullen

When I first saw True Blood I watched it on channel four. I watched season 2 on FX and then found places to download season 3. I dont think however you watch it makes you any more or less of a fan, what matters is that you do want to watch it because you enjoy it that much :hathor:

Agreed :)

Season 4 will have only aired a handful of episodes before the con so I guess even those who manage to download them and watch them will not have seen many so won't want to be spoiled for the rest of the season.

My point of view is this......Until the powers that be can get there arses in gear and show the series on both sides of the Atlantic at near enough the same time then we will always get the downloaders.

I do not know about anyone else but i get so miffed if i catch spoilers on various web sites that i like to visit..

How many True Blood sites must we avoid to not get wind of any story lines.

As to season 3....if its out on dvd soon then it must have been shown on terrest tv.

One more point.....At the first Heroes con if we had not been allowed to download and talk about season 2 lots of peeps would have wondered what the hell David Anders was doing there.

Just a thought. :whistling:

To evaluate on what i first posted...

I do not watch TV in my house. I do not have Sky and cannot pick up Channel 4.

So yes i watch everything online.

Too Tall - i fully understand where you are coming from, but i would also like my opinions on this to be heard.

There was so many questions i wanted to ask about Season 3 last time - but did not for risk of "giving spoilers" to those who had not seen it.

I felt myself that i was missing out asking those questions... so yes, i feel the shoe was on the other foot.

I would just like something where we can talk about season 4 at the next con.

Maybe, and yeah this is a big maybe... we could get some of season 4 to watch in a video room? It would certainly be popular if it was allowed.

Still, i live with wishful thinking.

• Moderators

Well, it could get them in a lot of trouble. It's one thing to have attendees who acknowledge watching it, but to have an organiser schedule pre-showings of illegally downloaded material isn't wise. The guests could easily go back to the studios.

Well, it could get them in a lot of trouble. It's one thing to have attendees who acknowledge watching it, but to have an organiser schedule pre-showings of illegally downloaded material isn't wise. The guests could easily go back to the studios.

I was kinda aiming more the way of not Illegally getting it, but "Officially" getting it.

I mean it would be quite nice if there was some way that the people who put the TV show out would work with SM and let them use it...

It was just a thought.

(Why does everything have to imply getting it illegally???)

I'm one of those people who doesn't download, doesn't have FX or Sky or watch them online. There was a kerfuffle at Bitten last year because of this whole 'questions about seasons' thing and some people who HAD seen it were rather rude about some people who hadn't... I however don't really care if folks do ask questions regarding season 4. I've read all the books... (What people you don't want spoilers...??? *smirks*) so I know the general direction its supposed to take. Sure there are a few characters appeared who aren';t in the books but really... I love True Blood... I'll see the episodes eventually... Does asking questions really spoil my enjoyment of the series?? No. If they WANT to ask questions about season 4 go ahead and let them... Just as long as people don't moan if you discuss the books when they haven't read them. Fair's fair, after all!!!

:)

I'm one of those people who doesn't download, doesn't have FX or Sky or watch them online. (I do however have an angel in Wales who sent me a little black sticky-thing thats goes in the computer... TEchnology... I know not how it works...)

There was a kerfuffle at Bitten last year because of this whole 'questions about seasons' thing and some people who HAD seen it were rather rude about some people who hadn't... I however don't really care if folks do ask questions regarding season 4. I've read all the books... (What people you don't want spoilers...??? *smirks*) so I know the general direction its supposed to take. Sure there are a few characters appeared who aren't in the books but really... I love True Blood... I'll see the episodes eventually... Does asking questions really spoil my enjoyment of the series?? No. If they WANT to ask questions about season 4 go ahead and let them... Just as long as people don't moan if the books are discussed when they haven't read them. Fair's fair, after all!!!

:)

I can understand not showing Season 4 in the media room but by the time Bitten2 happens Season 4 will be half way through in the US. I would think the majority of fans who attend a convention go because they are such die hard fans (Or Truebies in our case) and will have watched the episodes elsewhere. Plus its difficult for the guests to remember recall their stories. How many of us could remember something that happened 2 years ago? IMHO it did spoil it somewhat when questions got turned down because of the season clash.

Personally I download everything simply because I am impatient. Plus most of the forums I chat on about shows I like are American ones, so keeping US pace with it all helps.

I personally think speculative questions about season 4 should be allowed but not specific ones bringing up points in episodes broadcast in the US by the con weekend. Hopefully they actors wouldnt want to give the story away anyway.

Plus I dont think it's really an issue as only 2 out of 5 guests currently announced are in season 4.

If there is anyone who has not seen season 3 yet due to it not being on channel 4 yet it is due out on DVD on monday. :WINCE:

I hope I'm not seen as one of the bad guys here!

I agreed with a post saying that I couldn't understand why someone who's a fan of the show wouldn't want to see the next episode regardless of whether it's been shown on UK tv or not.

I didn't mean this in a bad way, I just dont understand how anyone could wait to see the next ep!!! When true blood is airing in the US I'm living on the edge of my seat and staying up super late to stream it online as it airs on HBO! But I wouldn't diss anyone who hasn't seen it cos they dont have the means to watch (eh Jo? ;D )

I was just trying to come up with a solution that would please truebies of both camps by suggesting that the last 5/10 mins of a talk be dedicated to season 4 related Qs.

Last year I know that in some talks they ran out of pre-asked questions & just passed the mic around - at this point there was no way of vetting what people would ask... People could have asked season 3 questions at this point (which were to be excluded at the time) & surely would have caused more embrassment to the guests if they were then told they weren't allowed to answer, or even the question could already have spoiled it?!??!

Just my twopenneth. I want everyone to enjoy bitten2 as much as loved Bitten. And trying to find a solution to what an amount of people saw as a problem previously rather than just complain about previous formats.

Oh and I'm one of the people who hasn't read the books, yet there's nothing to stop people discussing them - though I'm not complaining!

Considering that season 4 would not have shown in its entirety by the time the con rolls around either here or in the US, personally don't really see what all the hoopla is about having to discuss it. The actors at a push will only discuss what so far would have aired stateside anyway. Plus like someone else has previously mentioned, only two of the guests attending are in season 4, so with only two of five guests able to talk about period it, is it really gunna make that much of a difference if it turns out that M.E won't allow season 4 talk? It would, however make a difference to those who haven't seen anything of season 4?

This very issue has arisen for ET6 because the guests can't talk about the new film because it wouldn't have been released yet and 90 percent of the current guest line up have only appeared in the new film. We have been told that we can talk about behind the scenes stories and their other work, this applies to bitten 2 aswell. In fact attendees for bitten have it better than attendees for ET6 because at least we would have seen all the cast in action therefore they will have plenty to talk about, its just down to us ask to submit good\sensible questions. At least they will have something to talk about? As for having the end of talks reserved for S4 related questions, its gunna be a bit of nuisance having people get up and leave to avoid spoilers all for 10 mins only to have to come back in again for the auction or something.

Finally, its not the smartest thing to broadcast to the guests that everyone has been downloading it...after all it is illegal and can put them in a very awkward position, could have a never impact on SM\ME and could result in the cast not wanting to attend future SM\ME events.

Finally, its not the smartest thing to broadcast to the guests that everyone has been downloading it...after all it is illegal and can put them in a very awkward position, could have a never impact on SM\ME and could result in the cast not wanting to attend future SM\ME events.

I think this is being over cautious. I had quite and in depth discussion with one or more of the guests at dinner last year over the subject of the internet and downloads/streaming. While they couldn't condone it happening they could understand why as fans it would happen with the large difference in air time between the US/UK. As fans we put much more into HBO's coffers with merchandise/DVD's and the like than your average fan, and by being interested in attending conventions, we provide the stars of True Blood with the opportunity to travel and experience conventions and get paid for doing it. They appreciated this as well.

:-)

Jason