Buses from Milton Keynes station

nosfer2

Any idea what time the buses will start taking people from the station to the stadium, and how often they will be going? I'm trying to work out whether to travel up on the day or stay overnight so it would be useful to know what's happening.

Thanks - just need a start time and then I'm set.
Last year they ran from 8am to 6pm if I recall correctly. I would imagine that it will be similar to that.

Edit: My memory is not the best though!

Edited by 1of2

Can anyone remember what time the buses will run on Sunday?

Thank you.

Also, did anyone encounter the bus being full so they had to wait for the next one?

Last time the Sunday running times were

Milton Keynes Train Station - 9.00 - 18.00

Centre MK - 9.15 - 18.45

MK Dons - 9.45 - 17.45

The start/finish times may vary this time though.

Can anyone remember what time the buses will run on Sunday?

Thank you.

Also, did anyone encounter the bus being full so they had to wait for the next one?

I found the last bus got quite full at the end of the day, other then that, I don't think I've seen one too full.

• Showmasters Admin

we hope you find the free buses help full

they cost us around £4000 to put them on so we wondered who used them and if you all think they are worth it ?

its good to get feed back ?

thanks

jason :poki:

they cost us around £4000 to put them on so we wondered who used them and if you all think they are worth it ?

Id imagine quite a large number of people.

Without them, basically anyone who doesnt drive or have access to a car, either has to spend a fortune on taxi's, or they simply wouldnt be able to get out to the stadium.

So def worth it thanks :)

Well I wasn't coming to this one, because my longstanding transport arrangements fell through and I really can't be doing with the extra hassle this time of year. But a couple of guest announcements were the tipping point, and having these SM-run buses going on (which I actually didn't know existed until last week) allowed me to make the potentially stupid impulse-decision to come to the event. So in my case: totally worth it, thank you. :(

Yes even more than these amazing guests I thank you for the free buses!

I am one of the mentioned peopel who cant drive, so if it wasnt for the buses I'd have to fork out for taxis, and then I'd loose a guests-worth of money I could give to you guys :lol:

So thank you so much for them! :uhoh:

thanks

jason :uhoh:

Hi Jason,

Shuttle buses are always a great help to me, as I usually get around by public transport. So the idea is great. But, in this case I would not be able to use them, as I usually travel to MK from London by bus. So I don't end up at the train station, but at the bus station. But no worries, there are regular buses from there to CM :)

thanks

jason :WAVE:

you deff need to keep them in place, without them so many ppl cant get to the stadium or will have to spend a fortune on taxis which will put alot of the casual crowd off.

as long as the venue is at the dons the busses need to stay IMO, and they are a great service, much appreciated.

I drive so it isn't a problem for me, but I still think it's a brilliant idea. Using an example that I can spend £200 on autographs in the weekend, if it costs £4000 for you to run then you need to work out how much income that would make it for you and divide it by £4000.

If for arguments sake you got 50%, then all you need is 40 people to use it that would not attend the event otherwise that makes it a good thing. That's only 15 a day which doesn't seem that big a number really.

Plus if everyone that uses it saves £10 transport costs, that is potentially another autograph they can get, so it all adds up and I think it does help both yourselves and the attendees in the long run.

I've used them several times since the move to the stadium, very useful feature. I think th first time for some reason I used a taxi to the stadium from the train station that cost about £7, do that each way and its the same price as another signature at the show. I'd certainly be sorry to see them go, and going by how busy they were last time round I suspect others would be as well.