Terra Nova and Alcatraz

Skylover

alcatraz looks like the 4400

tera nova looks like outcasts mixd wit Jurassic park.

nice to see the us are continuing to cancel shows for no reason and release mediocre stuff in there place.

neither look totaly crap but but neither look all that good either, cant see em lasting. I will watch alcatraz cos I like stuff to do with alcatraz, ill watch tera cos stephen lang is in it and maybe doing his awesome avatar style character lol,

• Moderators

What shows do you think have been cancelled for no reason?

I really don't think anyone can say these shows are mediocre yet. Any show can be made to look great or rubbish in such a short space of time. Some like to show all their cards at once, while others keep things back. Same with movie trailers - sometimes all the funny parts of a comedy will be in the trailers! Other times you'll get some great surprises.

well the us cancels almost anything that isnt a runaway hit in its first series these days and alot of the time replace them with very similar shows, of course this is a generalization but a good one.

V, No ordinary family, flashforward, to name but a mere few of the many recent casualties.

also what annoys me is when they green light new shows that are similar to ones they have canceled, I mean Alcatraz is basically the 4400 without (that we know of) superpowers

and although outcasts was a uk show, tera is basically outcasts with dinos and im sure with both you could find other canceled shows they are very similar to,

of course Im taking this from the trailers only, will give the shows a whirl unless there only on sky, bloody sky atlantic are teething all the new shows, I really want to see game of thrones and blue bloods

oh and I didnt mention the event as that looked basically like flashforward which was cxl days before event aired, I was so annoyed I didnt watch the event, which has now been axed.

anyone else get a little warehouse 13 vibe from alcatraz along with a 4400 vibe?

• 1 year later...

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much I like Once Upon a Time. Also enjoyed Alcatraz (shame it was axed).

But nothing would surprise me any more after CSI Miami was axed earler this year -apparently it was the most watched programme on the planet last year.

terra nova only really had stephen lang going for it, it had potential, but too often was lazy or ametuar in its story telling and production. lang and the whole conspiricy subplot son thing kept me viewing, i would of kept watching but not surprised it was cxl at all. and not all that bothered.

alcatraz i really liked, big shame it was cxl

csi miami im so far behind in, but i love it, i also read it was the most watched on the planet last year and the most watched consistiantly amoung the csi's, how was it cxl? crazy, did it have a good finale? im only on s6 on dvd, though ive seen the odd ep past this.

terra nova only really had stephen lang going for it, it had potential, but too often was lazy or ametuar in its story telling and production. lang and the whole conspiricy subplot son thing kept me viewing, i would of kept watching but not surprised it was cxl at all. and not all that bothered.

alcatraz i really liked, big shame it was cxl

csi miami im so far behind in, but i love it, i also read it was the most watched on the planet last year and the most watched consistiantly amoung the csi's, how was it cxl? crazy, did it have a good finale? im only on s6 on dvd, though ive seen the odd ep past this.

Haven't seen the finale yet but it will be on Channel 5 sometime in the next two months. I have read that the cast were not amused with how it ended but we shall see.